Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Sept 12 Interview

SpeedV2
09-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Starting this thread for all the people who interviewed today to have a common place to post updates. Good luck all

Cowboy1733
09-13-2018, 03:41 PM
I think I did well. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilroy
09-13-2018, 05:50 PM
You guys should hear something in 2 weeks. You should get a call and email if you advance to phase 2. Good luck to all. Great place to be.

jetgirl1313
09-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Also waiting!!! Gonna be a long couple weeks!!

Paisano
09-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Also waiting!!! Gonna be a long couple weeks!!

Just to give you an idea, I received a ďwelcome to Phase 2Ē phone call exactly one week to the day, after my interview. Was in Phase 2 for about 5 weeks. Then received an email only, stating I had completed Phase 2 and welcoming me to the pilot pool. Currently in the pool and have been so since beginning of June. Interview was in April.

Again, your mileage may vary, but that was my experience. Good luck to everyone!

VF32TomCat
09-19-2018, 02:09 PM
any other good news , emails out today , a friend just got the email

SpeedV2
09-19-2018, 04:16 PM

Has anyone else heard anything? Did your friend get the welcome to Phase 2 email?

LeftTurn
09-19-2018, 04:32 PM
What's the interview like? TMAAT questions? Any information helps. Thanks!

jetgirl1313
09-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Has anyone else heard anything? Did your friend get the welcome to Phase 2 email?

Nothing here yet.

Scooter1414
09-21-2018, 12:42 PM
Also still waiting...anyone hear anything yet?

jetgirl1313
09-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Also still waiting...anyone hear anything yet?

No, nothing here yet either. Gonna be a loooong weekend!!

Cowboy1733
09-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Nada.

Scooter1414
09-21-2018, 01:01 PM
No, nothing here yet either. Gonna be a loooong weekend!!

Itís killing me!

SpeedV2
09-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Itís killing me!

This is painful everytime my phone twitches I jump up.

VF32TomCat
09-23-2018, 09:27 AM
any other good news , emails out today , a friend just got the email[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys wrong forum, my friend got the email for the Video interview. He did not interview on the 12 . Sorry.

jetgirl1313
09-23-2018, 03:39 PM

Sorry guys wrong forum, my friend got the email for the Video interview. He did not interview on the 12 . Sorry.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Well looks like all of us are still waiting then. Thanks for letting us know. At least the ones on here are still waiting. I heard there were 22 of us that day. Tomorrow is Monday and theyíll be back in the office. Fingers crossed for early word!!!

Scooter1414
09-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Itís almost Wednesday...hereís hoping we all get the news we want to hear!

Cowboy1733
09-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Didnít they say no news is good news?

jetgirl1313
09-26-2018, 01:18 AM
They did say no news is good news.... but I want to know!! Itís wednesday!!! Hereís to good news for all today!!!

SpeedV2
09-26-2018, 05:04 AM
They did say no news is good news.... but I want to know!! Itís wednesday!!! Hereís to good news for all today!!!

I second, third, and fourth that notion!!!

SpeedV2
09-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Just got the thanks but no thanks email good luck to the rest of yall.

hilltopflyer
09-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Just got the thanks but no thanks email good luck to the rest of yall.

Sorry dude. Probably over qualified.

jetgirl1313
09-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear Speed. Just got a call from Alex at jetBlue. Iím into phase 2!! Hope the rest of you hear soon!!!!

Scooter1414
09-26-2018, 12:37 PM
I did get the call today that Iím advancing to Phase 2 as well.

Sorry to hear that SpeedV2.

Cowboy1733
09-26-2018, 12:44 PM
On to phase 2 here as well.

jetgirl1313
09-27-2018, 01:06 AM
Did anyone else have a heart attack when you got a JetBlue ďthe window is opening next weekĒ email while you watched your phone yesterday?!?! My heart was pounding only for it to be an ďupdate your stuffĒ email haha 😂

shadow23
09-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear that. I interviewed the 12th and still have not heard. Anyone else in this situation? Thanks.

jetgirl1313
09-29-2018, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear that. I interviewed the 12th and still have not heard. Anyone else in this situation? Thanks.

I would have sent an email Thursday morning asking about it. Did you double check your spam and everything just in case?? Iíd send an email now and they can respond right away on Monday!!!!

mckenrj
12-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Has anyone received a class start date? I interviewed in Oct and currently in Phase 2. Trying to determine a timeline.

jetgirl1313
12-02-2018, 06:27 AM
Has anyone received a class start date? I interviewed in Oct and currently in Phase 2. Trying to determine a timeline.

One of the guys that interviewed is starting class on Wednesday. The other doesnít have a date yet

Coke Pilot
12-14-2018, 07:25 PM
So from the Sept 12 interview only one person got the class date, no one else, the reasoning am asking is because a good friend did the interview sept 12 and is being in the pool for 1 month already waiting , I understand that the last class for the year 2018 already started and it was composed of 30 pilots.
Good luck to everyone, great company and great time to be part of JetBlue.

nuball5
12-14-2018, 07:53 PM
So from the Sept 12 interview only one person got the class date, no one else, the reasoning am asking is because a good friend did the interview sept 12 and is being in the pool for 1 month already waiting , I understand that the last class for the year 2018 already started and it was composed of 30 pilots.

There will be a class on January 9th starting. I'm going to assume that's the first class of the new year.

VF32TomCat
12-14-2018, 08:55 PM
There will be a class on January 9th starting. I'm going to assume that's the first class of the new year.

Do you know if the company already contacted the future candidates for the January classes

jetgirl1313
12-15-2018, 04:49 AM

It says in the paperwork that although many times they go in order of entering the pool, they can use their discretion to make sure classes are diverse and have a good mix of experiences. Iím guessing thatís why one got a date and some are waiting.

VF32TomCat
12-15-2018, 06:13 AM
It says in the paperwork that although many times they go in order of entering the pool, they can use their discretion to make sure classes are diverse and have a good mix of experiences. I’m guessing that’s why one got a date and some are waiting.

Jetgirl1313 did you get the call with a class date? Or still swimming in the pool?

nuball5
12-15-2018, 06:13 AM
Do you know if the company already contacted the future candidates for the January classes

Yeah my friend is in that class, that's how I know there's a class that day.

jetgirl1313
12-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Jetgirl1313 did you get the call with a class date? Or still swimming in the pool?

No date as of yet

hilltopflyer
12-15-2018, 07:03 AM
No date as of yet

Ya they want an even mixture of regional corporate and military

emuairlines
12-15-2018, 10:19 AM
9/25 interview. Just got the call for the 1/9 class.

A friend just went in to phase 2 and they're telling him March class.

Coke Pilot
12-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Emuarlines, congratulations, when did you get the call, ?

VF32TomCat
12-17-2018, 11:23 AM

Congratulations emuairlines on your new endeavor, welcome to Jetblue, when did you get the call for the class.
Have anybody else received the call .
According to an other forum this is the class schedule.

New Hire classes start every other Wednesday:
09 Jan
23Jan
06 Feb
20 Feb
etc..

n606tw
12-17-2018, 06:08 PM
How did you prepare for the computer test?

jetlag q
12-19-2018, 09:20 PM

Congratulations, how many hours at a 121 do you have ? Feel free to pm me

ArcticAirlifter
12-20-2018, 12:11 PM

I was a 10/10 interview and Iíll be in the 1/9 class with you. Congrats!

CafeConLeche
12-20-2018, 12:56 PM
How did you prepare for the computer test?

there is no need to literally. It's very easy. Answer honestly on the personality part. There is basic math addition, subtraction, algebra, and some time distance formula questions. The computer part is the easiest part it just takes forever.

CafeConLeche
12-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Has anyone in from the November interviews got an actual date yet? I received the "You"re in the pool" email a couple of days ago. I interviewed on the 7th. Good luck to all!

PackPilot
12-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Has anyone in from the November interviews got an actual date yet? I received the "You"re in the pool" email a couple of days ago. I interviewed on the 7th. Good luck to all!

Congrats. Also interviewed 11/7 but still in phase II.

n606tw
12-29-2018, 03:11 PM
How important is an internal LOR?thanks

aldonite7667
12-29-2018, 03:15 PM
How important is an internal LOR?thanks

Really important, as long as itís not from a Pilot

n606tw
12-29-2018, 03:31 PM
Really important, as long as itís not from a Pilot

Wonder why? check your pm. thanks

milmil34
12-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone quick question. On the JB careers website after we fill out the general flight times and have the option to upload a resume, cover letter, etc. is the process of applying complete or am I missing something? Thanks!

mckenrj
12-30-2018, 05:23 PM

I interviewed 10 Oct. Class date of 23 Jan.

chitolin
12-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone quick question. On the JB careers website after we fill out the general flight times and have the option to upload a resume, cover letter, etc. is the process of applying complete or am I missing something? Thanks!

Need to wait until the applying window opens again.

Bluedriver
12-31-2018, 02:29 AM

Would this be a good time to let him know about the requirement that pilots clean the cabin while jumpseating/commuting to work? I don't want to bring it up if you guys don't think he needs to know.

CafeConLeche
12-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Would this be a good time to let him know about the requirement that pilots clean the cabin while jumpseating/commuting to work? I don't want to bring it up if you guys don't think he needs to know.

Help when you can. The captain has things to tend to and the FO has a walk around to do. And if there is time to spare why not help clean up a little? Iím pretty sure no one is asking you to go scrub the lavs. Iíve seen plenty of pilots do this on many airlines.

BeatNavy
12-31-2018, 12:26 PM
Help when you can. The captain has things to tend to and the FO has a walk around to do. And if there is time to spare why not help clean up a little? Iím pretty sure no one is asking you to go scrub the lavs. Iíve seen plenty of pilots do this on many airlines.

Because cleaning an airplane is beneath the profession, as stated by the union. Also, menial jobs such as cleaning are a union/labor busting tactic. Watch the video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgjII4CRi4

If you want to say bye or something pilot related, then cool. Cleaning? Not pilot related. Maybe instead of cleaning seatbacks you could clean the flight deck since itís not ever cleaned by cleaners. Then at least you are helping pilots with your janitorial services.

Thanks for helping though. You sound like perfect jetblue material. Targeted hiring at its finest.

hilltopflyer
12-31-2018, 05:53 PM

Man no wonder you made it past phase 2....

hyperboy
01-01-2019, 04:40 AM
Man no wonder you made it past phase 2....

What I think is funny is that YOU ALL (including BD) did the same thing to get hired here.

hyperboy
01-01-2019, 04:42 AM
Because cleaning an airplane is beneath the profession, as stated by the union. Also, menial jobs such as cleaning are a union/labor busting tactic. Watch the video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgjII4CRi4

If you want to say bye or something pilot related, then cool. Cleaning? Not pilot related. Maybe instead of cleaning seatbacks you could clean the flight deck since itís not ever cleaned by cleaners. Then at least you are helping pilots with your janitorial services.

Thanks for helping though. You sound like perfect jetblue material. Targeted hiring at its finest.

Did you do something different on interview day? Nice seeing you a couple weeks ago in the crew room.

Bluedriver
01-01-2019, 07:53 AM

Triple face-palm.

Bluedriver
01-01-2019, 07:55 AM
What I think is funny is that YOU ALL (including BD) did the same thing to get hired here.

No I most definitely did NOT. I got hired at JB after never having set foot on a JB aircraft. I knew nothing about forced cleaning, and it was never asked nor mentioned in the interview.

hilltopflyer
01-01-2019, 08:09 AM
No I most definitely did NOT. I got hired at JB after never having set foot on a JB aircraft. I knew nothing about forced cleaning, and it was never asked nor mentioned in the interview.

Before my interview I only had been on a blue plane on the way to the interview. Before giggity made it her personal mission to degrade our profession. If she really wanted to help she should have had the whole leadership team in jfk on Xmas cleaning the planes, just to help the otp.

PasserOGas
01-01-2019, 08:21 PM

What's your real name? It's for Hyperboy, he always wants to know it. Its not so we all can blacklist you.;)

CafeConLeche
01-02-2019, 11:10 AM
What's your real name? It's for Hyperboy, he always wants to know it. Its not so we all can blacklist you.;)

lol i think they picture me in the back on my hands and knees with a vacuum cleaning. P.S. I'll never be on my hands and knees. Really didnt mean to get anyones nipples in twist. Maybe it's my years of a regional mindset of tight knit crews and helping FA's on quick turns where we didnt have cleaners. By no means am I back peddling either. I stick to what i said. At the same time I'm not a jetBlue employee so I'm not completely aware of all of the ins and outs of what JB flight crews have had to deal with in the past when it comes to managements expectations.

hilltopflyer
01-02-2019, 12:41 PM
lol i think they picture me in the back on my hands and knees with a vacuum cleaning. P.S. I'll never be on my hands and knees. Really didnt mean to get anyones nipples in twist. Maybe it's my years of a regional mindset of tight knit crews and helping FA's on quick turns where we didnt have cleaners. By no means am I back peddling either. I stick to what i said. At the same time I'm not a jetBlue employee so I'm not completely aware of all of the ins and outs of what JB flight crews have had to deal with in the past when it comes to managements expectations.

Honestly I did the exact same thing at my regional. It felt like the right thing to do. Honestly Iíd probably help do more for the back or gate agents if the company didnít try their hardest to make everything mandatory. Is t it funny how their plans backfire on them.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1