Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Uh oh

caprussjacsapa
09-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Because of our letter UA is going to cancel our Jumpseat agreement

Sorry guys. I miscalculated

WesternSkies
09-15-2018, 09:52 AM
Savagely Mainline SA

jester103
09-15-2018, 09:56 AM
What letter?

Viking6
09-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Not going to happen. I donít see a issue with the proposed UA plan. It only removes the TOC requirement, so not a big deal. Regardless I suspect a JS war would hurt UA just as much. My understanding is it would be all Republic aircraft, and not just the UAX birds. donít commute though, so thereís that....

fortyeight
09-15-2018, 12:35 PM

Lol fine, let them cancel the agreement. Weíll see how long it lasts when they realize thereís a lot more mainline guys commuting to ORD and EWR from BUF, MSP, SDF, etc. Good luck finding a 737 between ORD and and BUF regularly. Oh, and when they realize they canít go down the terminal to commute on ďAmericanĒ because thatís still Republic maybe their tune will change.

ChrisPilot1
09-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't make a difference for most pilots with us anyways. Most of our group commutes from cities served by us and alot of UAL guys. United has a worthless non rev system and is consistently oversold in my experience. Ive flown with 777 captains who came up and said they had to buy confirmed seats to get on :confused:

ChopNDrop
09-15-2018, 01:13 PM
What letter?

I second the motion...... What Letter?

caprussjacsapa
09-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Lol fine, let them cancel the agreement. Weíll see how long it lasts when they realize thereís a lot more mainline guys commuting to ORD and EWR from BUF, MSP, SDF, etc. Good luck finding a 737 between ORD and and BUF regularly. Oh, and when they realize they canít go down the terminal to commute on ďAmericanĒ because thatís still Republic maybe their tune will change.

They will remove us from CASS. We wonít be able to get on our own flights if they are UA code and AMR is removing is in support too.

4V14T0R
09-15-2018, 01:46 PM
They will remove us from CASS. We wonít be able to get on our own flights if they are UA code and AMR is removing is in support too.

Whoís removing us from CASS? You make no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4V14T0R
09-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Not going to happen. I donít see a issue with the proposed UA plan. It only removes the TOC requirement, so not a big deal. Regardless I suspect a JS war would hurt UA just as much. My understanding is it would be all Republic aircraft, and not just the UAX birds. donít commute though, so thereís that....

You donít commute so you donít care....[emoji849]

Also, the issue with the ďproposedĒ plan is that it is a demand. Jumpseat agreements are negotiated reciprocal agreements. This would violate that. Please educate yourself before posting nonsense.

WesternSkies
09-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Whoís removing us from CASS? You make no sense.

Hey has no idea which account he is logged in to.

Viking6
09-15-2018, 02:16 PM
You donít commute so you donít care....[emoji849]

Also, the issue with the ďproposedĒ plan is that it is a demand. Jumpseat agreements are negotiated reciprocal agreements. This would violate that. Please educate yourself before posting nonsense.

We fly for United, so if you want to start a war with them, good luck! I guarantee it will not go well for us. Oh and I doubt very few republic pilots will participate anyway.

4V14T0R
09-15-2018, 02:26 PM
We fly for United, so if you want to start a war with them, good luck! I guarantee it will not go well for us. Oh and I doubt very few republic pilots will participate anyway.

So a signed agreement means nothing to you? Oh thatís right, you donít commute. [emoji849]

You sound like you have ZERO integrity.

Viking6
09-15-2018, 02:51 PM
So a signed agreement means nothing to you? Oh thatís right, you donít commute. [emoji849]

You sound like you have ZERO integrity.

Lol youíre a sensitive little guy! Sorry I triggered you!

Do you seriously believe that UA cannot force Republic management to agree to their proposal? What is the status quo worth to you? You canít be that naive!

4V14T0R
09-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Lol youíre a sensitive little guy! Sorry I triggered you!

Do you seriously believe that UA cannot force Republic management to agree to their proposal? What is the status quo worth to you? You canít be that naive!

Yep sensitive little guy here. You got me.

You donít think there could have POSSIBLY been a better way to handle this? I guess ****ing off thousands of pilots was the only way.

Viking6
09-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Basically a letter addressed to UA Jumpseaters on Republic aircraft. Essentially it says we believe your MEC is violating our Jumpseat agreement and this could result in UA pilots not being allowed on Republic jumpseat. I would say it was written tactfully, but pretty direct. Sounds like the ALPA regionals will sit this out, but Skywest appears to be involved as well.

Viking6
09-15-2018, 08:10 PM

Looks like you only reply to post concerning this Jumpseat issue. All of your previous posts were either concerning Skywests JS letter, or on this thread. I mean sounds like you maybe on UA Jumpseat committed member or maybe even a line pilot. Of course I hope you know CASS has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. Regardless of the outcome Republic will still have CASS.

DiveAndDrive
09-15-2018, 10:20 PM
I'm a 9/5 hire. Forgive me for being out of the loop, but I took the job KNOWING I was going to have to commute, at least for a little bit. I currently don't live in ANY RPA base, but I will eventually move to base after I pay off some of my debt. Anyway.... can you break this down barney style to me (and others) who have no idea what's going on, but will (potentially) be impacted by it?

fortyeight
09-16-2018, 01:41 AM
I'm a 9/5 hire. Forgive me for being out of the loop, but I took the job KNOWING I was going to have to commute, at least for a little bit. I currently don't live in ANY RPA base, but I will eventually move to base after I pay off some of my debt. Anyway.... can you break this down barney style to me (and others) who have no idea what's going on, but will (potentially) be impacted by it?

United is violating the jumpseat agreement with their Express partners. Express partners are now protesting the violation and wonít be allowing United mainline jumpseaters on Express aircraft jumpseatís. Doesnít mean anything for you unless you commute Denver to Chicago, Chicago to Newark, Houston to Denver, etc. If youíre commuting from a city heavily served by express carriers or American and Delta you wonít have anything to worry about. I suspect you wonít have anything to worry about anyway and this will all blow over in a month.

willd
09-16-2018, 03:20 AM
Looks like you only reply to post concerning this Jumpseat issue. All of your previous posts were either concerning Skywests JS letter, or on this thread. I mean sounds like you maybe on UA Jumpseat committed member or maybe even a line pilot. Of course I hope you know CASS has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. Regardless of the outcome Republic will still have CASS.

Fwiw, seems like youíre the troll here

Anywho.. youíre understanding of cass is false. Republic doesnít maintain CASS ( soon to be called FADaR ). Itís part of the reservation system and unless Iím mistaken republic doesnít have one of those.

Swakid8
09-16-2018, 07:03 AM

Anywho.. youíre understanding of cass is false. Republic doesnít maintain CASS ( soon to be called FADaR ). Itís part of the reservation system and unless Iím mistaken republic doesnít have one of those.

I guess his point was, Republic will still be in CASS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viking6
09-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Doesnít change the fact that UA cannot remove Republic from CASS. Sure they can cancel the agreement, but we could still use CASS at any other airline.

FlyingKat
09-16-2018, 11:04 AM
United does not maintain the CASS database. It is maintained by the TSA. United's reservation system accesses CASS, but they can't remove you from CASS. Only your employer can do that.

I applaud the Republic pilots for standing up to this nonsense from UAL. I know our ALPA jumpseat reps are expressing similar displeasure with this new policy. Only if all the Express Carriers work together can we get this idiocy reversed.

Here's how stupid it is. Couple of weeks ago I was trying to get to DEN from ORD to work a flight. Because of time of checkin, UAL gate agent puts a Frontier jumpseater on instead of me. Decided not to fight it other than pointing out I work for a United Express carrier, and was told sorry that's what is in the computer. So then, my company had to delay a flight and give me a positive space on the next flight because they had no one else to work the flight. So in order to get a pilot working for a competitor (Frontier) to work on time, they ended up hurting their own customers by delaying a UAX flight and bumping a paying passenger off a flight to Denver. Real smart. I'm sure Frontier appreciated the help but I don't expect them to reciprocate.

Larry in TN
09-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Couple of weeks ago I was trying to get to DEN from ORD to work a flight. Because of time of checkin, UAL gate agent puts a Frontier jumpseater on instead of me. Decided not to fight it other than pointing out I work for a United Express carrier, and was told sorry that's what is in the computer.
The upcoming I.T. change will fix that. It will recognize you as a UX pilot, own-metal or non-own-metal, and will sort your position accordingly. As you found out, the current software does not and relies on the gate agent and/or Captain to sort out the correct priority which, for some reason, they didn't do.

I've run into the same thing. I've had to tell a DGS agent working a UX AWI flight that the AWI pilot gets the jumpseat ahead of me.

FlyingKat
09-16-2018, 12:23 PM
The upcoming I.T. change will fix that. It will recognize you as a UX pilot, own-metal or non-own-metal, and will sort your position accordingly. As you found out, the current software does not and relies on the gate agent and/or Captain to sort out the correct priority which, for some reason, they didn't do.

I've run into the same thing. I've had to tell a DGS agent working a UX AWI flight that the AWI pilot gets the jumpseat ahead of me.

The United agents and Captains have been going with what is in the computer.

Larry in TN
09-16-2018, 12:51 PM
The United agents and Captains have been going with what is in the computer.
There are a lot of agents and Captains. Some may not understand the rules. When you encounter one, send the information to your jumpseat committee so that they can get it corrected.

FlyingKat
09-16-2018, 02:51 PM
There are a lot of agents and Captains. Some may not understand the rules. When you encounter one, send the information to your jumpseat committee so that they can get it corrected.

Done and done. But what I heard in every instance is they are going with the computer.

Larry in TN
09-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Done and done. But what I heard in every instance is they are going with the computer.
They are wrong. They should know better but some don't pay enough attention to things that don't affect them directly. The upcoming I.T. changes will fix this as the computer will recognize you as a UX pilot and will priorities you accordingly including putting you first when it's on your own-metal.

Most of us go out of our way to ensure that the jumpseat is awarded correctly on our flights. Everyone should.