Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

P-3Bubba
09-15-2018, 06:08 PM
WRONG!

RSA. ALL BASES ALL SEATS.

PICK IT UP AND HELP OUT

Hey, why isnít the system bid released? Maybe they donít like what happened. What is going on here?

-Bubs

P-3Bubba
09-15-2018, 06:26 PM
ďEvery RSA that a guy picks up is 2 less Pilots per seatĒ -Smart JB Pilot Guy

Keep it up! Free $$$$$

-Bubs

Southerner
09-15-2018, 06:36 PM
ďEvery RSA that a guy picks up is 2 less Pilots per seatĒ -Smart JB Pilot Guy

Keep it up! Free $$$$$

-Bubs

I don't know where the breakeven point is, but it's cheaper to use RSA and VDA a certain amount than to have higher staffing. JetBlue will always staff to a level that RSAs and VDAs are used a certain amount.

Chances are, the usage would have to be much higher than we think to reach parity. JetBlue is a business, not a jobs program. They aren't trying to create more positions. They are trying to run the airline as inexpensively as they can.

nuball5
09-15-2018, 07:40 PM
WRONG!

RSA. ALL BASES ALL SEATS.

PICK IT UP AND HELP OUT

Hey, why isnít the system bid released? Maybe they donít like what happened. What is going on here?

-Bubs

They let too many go over to the Airbus the last system bid. 190-FO BOS has almost 0 reserves tomorrow. That's not typical for mid-September.

P-3Bubba
09-16-2018, 12:57 AM
I think thatís a contributing factor to why theyíre having issues figuring out this current system bid. Iím sure that overall trend is to continue to move out of the 190. 1- Being the money 2- The 220 is still 2 years away.

-Bubs

Southerner
09-16-2018, 04:21 AM
I think thatís a contributing factor to why theyíre having issues figuring out this current system bid. Iím sure that overall trend is to continue to move out of the 190. 1- Being the money 2- The 220 is still 2 years away.

-Bubs

Are they having issues? They have 7 days to post the results, and I've never seen anything post over a weekend ever. I'm sure they are being cautious to prevent swamping the training department with A320 transitions.

Mattio
09-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Ya, I think the bid typically closes on Wednesday, results on Monday.

P-3Bubba
09-21-2018, 03:19 AM
Are they having issues? They have 7 days to post the results, and I've never seen anything post over a weekend ever. I'm sure they are being cautious to prevent swamping the training department with A320 transitions.

HA! They're very cautious Southy. You are such a suck a$$. Like when they announced the Dec System Bid and then when it looked like a CBA was going to be announced they pulled it back and changed all the numbers. Please, there is zero transparency in the entire process and the pilots have been essentially locked out of the scheduling and planning since we formed as a collective group. So suck on that.

-Bubs

Southerner
09-21-2018, 04:43 AM
HA! They're very cautious Southy. You are such a suck a$$. Like when they announced the Dec System Bid and then when it looked like a CBA was going to be announced they pulled it back and changed all the numbers. Please, there is zero transparency in the entire process and the pilots have been essentially locked out of the scheduling and planning since we formed as a collective group. So suck on that.

-Bubs

You said they were having issues. I asked if they are actually having issues because there's no evidence that they are, other than not posting the results over a weekend, which they never seem to do. Then you post this rediculous post. You shouldn't let your emotions get the better of you buddy. Poor guy is losing it...