Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : AirBahn form letter - A320 Pilots

Std Deviation
09-19-2018, 08:08 AM
“AirBahn is in the process of obtaining a new part 121 air carrier certification in Southern California. We are looking for candidates with 5000 hours as PIC on the Airbus A320 family...”

Hmm a start up at what’s likely the tail end of a 10 year bull market. Anybody leaving for this “opportunity?”

This startup must have pulled the FAA database on A320 type ratings since the form letter uses my full middle name as well. :eek:

hilltopflyer
09-19-2018, 08:45 AM
“AirBahn is in the process of obtaining a new part 121 air carrier certification in Southern California. We are looking for candidates with 5000 hours as PIC on the Airbus A320 family...”

Hmm a start up at what’s likely the tail end of a 10 year bull market. Anybody leaving for this “opportunity?”

This startup must have pulled the FAA database on A320 type ratings since the form letter uses my full middle name as well. :eek:

Terrible name for an airline imo. What are they wanting to fly? Wierd time to try and do a startup.

Std Deviation
09-19-2018, 09:00 AM
Terrible name for an airline imo. What are they wanting to fly? Wierd time to try and do a startup.

I know right? Maybe this is a front for overseas recruiting? Looking for 320 types.

Std Deviation
09-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Looking for “seasoned captains” wanting to transition to management in Irving, CA. Web address has the logo with “coming soon.”

757HI
09-20-2018, 03:48 AM

It’s official, the economy is about to implode: I give you Exibity A:eek::D:

CaptCoolHand
09-20-2018, 05:11 AM
Looking for “seasoned captains” wanting to transition to management in Irving, CA. Web address has the logo with “coming soon.”

Could be a great move for the impending LGB closure... :rolleyes:

aldonite7667
09-20-2018, 06:31 AM
I think this is a great idea. With the unlimited gate space available at airports combined with the abundant support from the local governments a new airline will be great.

CaptCoolHand
09-20-2018, 09:04 AM
I think this is a great idea. With the unlimited gate space available at airports combined with the abundant support from the local governments a new airline will be great.

I imagine they'll jump right into markets in SoCal to MOL CID GYY
BRO and EYW.

Get in on the ground floor!

Std Deviation
09-20-2018, 09:05 AM

Don’t forget the abundance of ATP qualified pilots...I’m having a Jerry McGuire moment! Who’s leaving with me and this goldfish?

Tknapp
09-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Not going to be a front for overseas pilots. They’ll be operating A320s/321s out of multiple airports in SoCal. They’ll start hiring pilots Jan or Feb.

CaptCoolHand
09-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Not going to be a front for overseas pilots. They’ll be operating A320s/321s out of multiple airports in SoCal. They’ll start hiring pilots Jan or Feb.

Tons of 320/321 guys with 5k pic in type ready to start over.

badflaps
09-20-2018, 05:28 PM
That does it, I'm pulling my Family/Baltia app and applying to AirBalm.

hilltopflyer
09-20-2018, 05:39 PM

When it gets off the ground first round is on me. If it last more then 5 years I owe you a case. If not you owe me :)

Tknapp
09-20-2018, 05:46 PM
That was a wrong number that was put out unfortunately. It’s 500 hours PIC on Type for the Initial Captains. The letter is for the VP of Flight Ops which they want prior 121 management experience.

Std Deviation
09-21-2018, 06:56 AM
That was a wrong number that was put out unfortunately. It’s 500 hours PIC on Type for the Initial Captains. The letter is for the VP of Flight Ops which they want prior 121 management experience.

Remember the scene in Vegas vacation when Clark Griswold is down 10K at blackjack and the dealer says something to the effect of.... why don’t I just take you out back, kick you in the nuts, and take half your money and we’ll call it an early day? Same offer....What could possibly go wrong (Said the folks at Independence Air, and a half dozen others).

symbian simian
09-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Remember the scene in Vegas vacation when Clark Griswold is down 10K at blackjack and the dealer says something to the effect of.... why don’t I just take you out back, kick you in the nuts, and take half your money and we’ll call it an early day? Same offer....What could possibly go wrong (Said the folks at Independence Air, and a half dozen others).

You're right about the half dozen others, but ACA/Independence was a bit different. They were a United express, and during contract negotiations United offer was too low, and ACA refused to sign and decided to rebrand as an independent carrier. Air Wisconsin signed instead, and was replaced a year later by Mesa. You can argue all day if it was a smart move, but at least they drew a line below which they refused to go.

Std Deviation
09-23-2018, 01:49 PM
You're right about the half dozen others, but ACA/Independence was a bit different. They were a United express, and during contract negotiations United offer was too low, and ACA refused to sign and decided to rebrand as an independent carrier. Air Wisconsin signed instead, and was replaced a year later by Mesa. You can argue all day if it was a smart move, but at least they drew a line below which they refused to go.

I remember it well. Still have my termination letter dated on Christmas Eve:eek: But it’s okay because it “supersedes my furlough letter of October 1.” :D

sailingfun
09-24-2018, 06:28 AM

They had a large contract was with Delta. Delta was required under the pilot contract to terminate that contract with the delivery of the first airbus. For some reason independence thought Delta management would attempt to get that waived. Did not happen.

symbian simian
09-24-2018, 07:49 AM
I remember it well. Still have my termination letter dated on Christmas Eve:eek: But it’s okay because it “supersedes my furlough letter of October 1.” :D

Sorry, didn't know I was preaching to the choir. I wasn't there, but you probably flew with one of my family.

symbian simian
09-24-2018, 07:51 AM
They had a large contract was with Delta. Delta was required under the pilot contract to terminate that contract with the delivery of the first airbus. For some reason independence thought Delta management would attempt to get that waived. Did not happen.

TBH I can't back this up, but I thought they were planning to get out of FFD, including DL connection.

Anyway, the good news is, I did get the Airbahn letter!! :)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1