Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 121 bust

prophead5
09-19-2018, 01:21 PM
If you have a 121 bust on your record will CommutAir even look at you? Just wondering.

JediCheese
09-19-2018, 01:31 PM
If you have a 121 bust on your record will CommutAir even look at you? Just wondering.

Prime recruiting material because you can't leave.

Freebreakfast11
09-19-2018, 01:44 PM

They will definitely hire you

jacburn
09-19-2018, 02:00 PM

Almost all regionals will hire someone with a bust right now.

prophead5
09-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Thanks to all who replied.

McNugent
09-20-2018, 08:10 AM
Prime recruiting material because you can't leave.

This is ridiculous. Donít listen to this guy. If you have a 121 bust, can explain it and have an otherwise clean training record, you will be fine.

PhantomHawk
09-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Almost all regionals will hire someone with a bust right now.

Quite a few Majors and LCCs will, also. Totally depends on circumstances and how you explain it. Meaning....can you own your mistakes and grow from them? To think a 121 bust is a career stopper is a massive exaggeration.

domino
09-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Agreed itís not a career stopper. But a significant career slower. Puts you below those that never had a training issue. Good luck either way.

PhantomHawk
09-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Agreed itís not a career stopper. But a significant career slower. Puts you below those that never had a training issue. Good luck either way.

Not at the regional level, I would think.

Elevation
09-21-2018, 01:38 PM
You know, I and a number of my friends have clean records and even some good stuff (check airman, instructor) on our resumes. Meanwhile FedEx is interviewing guys with DUIs as is UPS. My point isnít that the guys interviewing are bad. My point is that all the worries I used to have were unfounded. None of the stuff that we think sets us ahead or behind really matters as much as we think. Keep going and try not stress! Youíre still in as good of a position as anybody else.

What everyone else says about interviews is spot-on.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1