Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

rickair7777
09-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Most major airlines are pretty good with guard/reserve duty, including jet regionals. Apparently there is one exception...

https://www.rigganlawfirm.com/blog/2016/august/riggan-law-firm-files-userra-lawsuit-on-behalf-o/

BeatNavy
09-20-2018, 12:21 PM
That article is over 2 years old. Any updates?

rickair7777
09-20-2018, 02:35 PM
That article is over 2 years old. Any updates?

The guy won a bunch of money.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/116879-bounces-military-out-here-faster-than-s.html

Excargodog
09-20-2018, 03:04 PM
The guy won a bunch of money.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/116879-bounces-military-out-here-faster-than-s.html

After lawyer fees, it was no doubt a smaller bunch, but good for him. More to the point, who was the management weenie that put him through this and what happened to that @$$hole?

BeatNavy
09-20-2018, 03:37 PM
After lawyer fees, it was no doubt a smaller bunch, but good for him. More to the point, who was the management weenie that put him through this and what happened to that @$$hole?

Randy Bratcher is named in the lawsuit as the one on the other end of the phone calls, so I assume him. A quick google search shows heís the director of flight ops still.

trip
09-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Randy Bratcher is named in the lawsuit as the one on the other end of the phone calls, so I assume him. A quick google search shows he’s the director of flight ops still.

Bizarre behavior, guess he was a retired 20 year Naval Officer NFO as well. You would think he would be smarter than that.

joepilot
09-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Go Jet has never been known for having the best and brightest in management.

Joe

rickair7777
09-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Bizarre behavior, guess he was a retired 20 year Naval Officer NFO as well. You would think he would be smarter than that.

Retired AD are often the worst offenders re. USERRA, civil service is full of them. I gave one a courtesy call once, to try to save him some trouble. He didn't listen and lost a personal lawsuit to the tune of several hundred large.

CX500T
09-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Retired AD are often the worst offenders re. USERRA, civil service is full of them. I gave one a courtesy call once, to try to save him some trouble. He didn't listen and lost a personal lawsuit to the tune of several hundred large.

Retired AD as civilian bosses as a SELRES = no clue about USERRA, ESGR, etc, but think they are the EXPERT because they got 20 and you didn't.

Active Duty / FTS as a military boss as a SELRES = More often than not, no clue that the reserves are for most of us, our second job, and while legal, dropping orders on you two days out is uncool.

Solution: Get rid of active duty, all reservistas! :D

Blackhawk
09-25-2018, 04:32 AM

The lawyer fees were awarded separately.

Grumble
09-27-2018, 08:36 AM
If youíre a reservist/guardsmen that needs total time... this is now the perfect place to go. Theyíll be walking on egg shells now.

kbay hombre
09-27-2018, 09:57 PM
If youíre a reservist/guardsmen that needs total time... this is now the perfect place to go. Theyíll be walking on egg shells now.

Right? This is the place to go at the moment if you're a guard bubba. They'll either be very accommodating or you can sue the crap out of them for some guaranteed cash money.

USMCv22
09-28-2018, 06:30 AM
Iím a Marine reservist currently at GoJet. Had 0 issues getting off for my military duties (in fact, found the company to be overly accommodating). The DO, Chief Pilot, and my base manager are very easy to work with, no questions asked. Just keep everything above board, and it shouldnít be an issue. Whatever happened in the past seems to have resolved itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mundergun
09-28-2018, 03:28 PM
Can confirm. Started at G7 a couple months ago. I literally havenít even been asked for a memo. I just email them and say I have military and they take care of it. It is the easiest civilian employer Iíve ever dealt with as far as mil leave is concerned. As for time building You can fly literally as much as legally and possible if you want. Upgrade as soon as you hit minimums. Or you can guard card nonstop and fly 300 hours in a whole year if you want.

USMCv22
09-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Iím at GoJet and Marine Corps Reserves. Iíve had 0 issues doing my Reserve duties. Not saying one is obligated to provide ďordersĒ to your company, but at the same time donít be shady and vague with regard to military duties.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCv22
09-28-2018, 08:18 PM
GoJet and USMC reserves. 0 issues getting off for mil duties. Iíve been proactive and open with regard to my reserve requirements, and have been met with nothing but accommodation and support by the CP, DO, and base manager.

Grumble
10-02-2018, 01:59 AM
Amazing what a legal attitude adjustment can do.

Anyone know if the double anchor window licker was fired?

BeatNavy
10-02-2018, 03:45 AM

Still there.

rickair7777
10-02-2018, 06:25 AM

?

An NFO who licked windows? Do tell...

rickair7777
10-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Another case of interest...

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/117001-gojet-loses-another-federal-employment-case.html

qualified50
10-04-2018, 09:12 AM
In addition to these cases both Randy Bratcher and Brad Sargent have been know and heard expressing there disgust toward the African America community in the form of racial slurs and insults in and around the St Louis airport.