Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : AA Breitling Custom Watch

Lowat
09-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Orders are being taken for former or active AA employees. Thought I’d pass the info on here in case anyone is interested. POC is a current AA pilot. Details on C&R.

Csy Mon
09-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Looks good, but I will pass..:cool:

TiredSoul
09-20-2018, 07:52 PM
How long before we can buy it in Shanghai for $100?

IflyMMO
09-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Orders are being taken for former or active AA employees. Thought Iíd pass the info on here in case anyone is interested. POC is a current AA pilot. Details on C&R.What's C&R? (New guy)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

UPTme
09-21-2018, 12:23 PM
It's where 6 guys that watch nothing but Fox news argue with 3 guys who watch nothing but MSNBC.

All 9 will go out on medical early with heart problems.

IflyMMO
09-21-2018, 12:26 PM
It's where 6 guys that watch nothing but Fox news argue with 3 guys who watch nothing but MSNBC.

All 9 will go out on medical early with heart problems.Thanks...that was completely unhelpful and useless information. Please keep comments to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about and the internet will be just a small bit better for it ;)

Name User
09-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks...that was completely unhelpful and useless information. Please keep comments to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about and the internet will be just a small bit better for it ;)

That WAS a completely accurate description of C&R. Seriously.

Arado 234
09-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Any specials that come with it? Like a 24k gold framed picture of Bob C. or pajamas that look like a jumpsuit?

Arado 234
09-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Thanks...that was completely unhelpful and useless information. Please keep comments to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about and the internet will be just a small bit better for it ;)

Stay away from C&R. You will be shocked what type of individuals pilot airplanes.

Like NM said, couple of trolls that hijacked... Nevermind.

OVBIII
09-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Stay away from C&R. You will be shocked what type of individuals pilot airplanes.

Ahhhhhh!!!! I see what you did there!!!! The last few posts made me chuckle, and I agree it was a very accurate description!

jpdfly
09-21-2018, 01:18 PM
So like mentioned above, if we are new, and don't know what C&R is, and want to check out this watch...

MySaabStory
09-21-2018, 01:27 PM
So like mentioned above, if we are new, and don't know what C&R is, and want to check out this watch...

Download the APA app

OVBIII
09-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Itís the pilot forum on the union website.

Al Czervik
09-21-2018, 01:42 PM

https://aabreitling.weebly.com

SheepDogg
09-21-2018, 03:55 PM

I donít know, based on his reaction to the answer provided, I think he will fit in perfectly over there.

PRS Guitars
09-21-2018, 06:29 PM

Yeah, like others have said...that pretty much sums it up.

09-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Looks nice, but I think Iíll keep my $20 watch and invest the rest in my IRA

AFTrainerGuy
09-22-2018, 12:42 AM
Yeah, like others have said...that pretty much sums it up.

Ya... 100% accurate

hercengmech
09-22-2018, 12:49 AM
Pretty good deal. My guard unit did a big order 10 yrs ago and I think they paid $3K per watch. They werenít as customized as this either. Glad they went with the old school AA logo.

Arado 234
09-22-2018, 03:47 PM
https://aabreitling.weebly.com

It's basically the Aerospace model with an AA logo. Nothing to see here...

Arado 234
09-22-2018, 03:48 PM

But but but... How are you gonna brag about being a superior airline pilot?

tomgoodman
09-22-2018, 04:38 PM

A mugger returned my watch, then slipped me a couple of bucks. :D

sumwherelse
09-22-2018, 08:25 PM

Hmm. New guy tossing shade for someone answering his question.

m78fl370
09-22-2018, 09:36 PM
Being a watch guy, I was excited about this at first, until I saw what watch this was. I just canít see paying that much for a quartz watch. Iíd be all over it if it were a Navitimer, or something like that. If Iím going to wear a battery powered computer on my wrist, Iíll just wear an Apple Watch or something.

cactusmike
09-22-2018, 09:37 PM

Yeah, that pretty much nailed it.

JamesNoBrakes
09-22-2018, 09:48 PM
So this tells time? Like an iphone? Does it do anything else?

Name User
09-23-2018, 12:41 AM

It looks like you spent a lot of money I guess.

On CnR there is a guy bragging about the $29k watch he just bought. Down from $60k retail. I looked up the website, it looks like a $50 Fossil watch to me.

Watch guys think they are like man jewelry, what they don't realize is no one really knows or cares except other watch guys.

Arado 234
09-23-2018, 04:51 AM
It looks like you spent a lot of money I guess.

On CnR there is a guy bragging about the $29k watch he just bought. Down from $60k retail. I looked up the website, it looks like a $50 Fossil watch to me.

Watch guys think they are like man jewelry, what they don't realize is no one really knows or cares except other watch guys.

What do you do with an expensive piece of jewelry like that? Wear a dress watch while flying DFW-ICT? Seriously? I’d be ****ed every time I’d get a scratch on that timepiece.

NM, please add some fuel to the fire. Tell him you as a watch connoisseur wouldn’t have spend anything unless it contains a tourbillon movement. HA!

I got one! Canal street, NY. $70, cash. Looks really nice. Got bored with it after two weeks.

RhinoBallAuto
09-23-2018, 05:59 AM
In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks -- Bo Diddley, 1983

Footnote, for those who embrace academic integrity: https://youtu.be/uYlOIKtYsos

Battlinbear21
09-23-2018, 07:04 AM
It does look sharp. But I giggle When I see Breitlings after that 2015 Reno Air race commercial. Itís got erry thing a pilot loves. Sweet A$$ warbirds hot blondes and a sick whip. Get the watch first. Rest will come. Just like buying a Omega will make you a scratch golfer, or have a drive like Rory :) I do Like that watch, but Iím not a big clock guy.

PotatoChip
09-23-2018, 07:23 AM
Iíve worn this exact watch without the AA logo for the past five years.
I love it. Itís worth it to me. It has personal value. I donít worry about scratching it up. I wear it to work and rarely at home. Yes, itís quartz (thermal compensated etc or whatever their calling it), but it is also incredibly well built and uses all high quality materials. And it shows.
To each their own.
Donít like it, donít buy it.

Arado 234
09-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Iíve worn this exact watch without the AA logo for the past five years.
I love it. Itís worth it to me. It has personal value. I donít worry about scratching it up. I wear it to work and rarely at home. Yes, itís quartz (thermal compensated etc or whatever their calling it), but it is also incredibly well built and uses all high quality materials. And it shows.
To each their own.
Donít like it, donít buy it.

I am disappointed with Breitling's quality. I had the bottom digital display go bad twice (free repair) and had issues with the "external" analogue UTC module (long discontinued). I occasionally use it, but it's mainly a dress watch for special events.

I found Casio to be a really good watch manufacturer, but that's like comparing a Corolla to a Continental GT.

I do agree certain things to be of personal value, not a lot left these days.

They don't have to be $$$.

flyinawa
09-23-2018, 08:18 AM
In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks -- Bo Diddley, 1983

Footnote, for those who embrace academic integrity: https://youtu.be/uYlOIKtYsos

One of the top ten greatest movies of all time.

Pilot X
09-23-2018, 09:51 AM
It does look sharp. But I giggle When I see Breitlings after that 2015 Reno Air race commercial. Itís got erry thing a pilot loves. Sweet A$$ warbirds hot blondes and a sick whip. Get the watch first. Rest will come. Just like buying a Omega will make you a scratch golfer, or have a drive like Rory :) I do Like that watch, but Iím not a big clock guy.

Thatíd a been funny if your post auto corrected to say ďbut Iím not a big **** guy.Ē :D

Bob Loblaw
09-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Not much, like an iPhone.

CowboyPilot79
09-23-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Casio-F91W-1-Classic-Resin-Digital/dp/B000GAWSDG/

There's a version with a calculator built in too, but it's a little pricey for my taste.

Arado 234
09-23-2018, 03:22 PM

There's a version with a calculator built in too, but it's a little pricey for my taste.

Hourly time signal! The (1996) Breitling's Aerospace doesn't even have that!

JamesNoBrakes
09-23-2018, 03:28 PM

In school, I had a Tetris-watch. Now THAT was freaking cool...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QzV4kNLnjdI/maxresdefault.jpg

AFTrainerGuy
09-24-2018, 12:24 PM
In school, I had a Tetris-watch. Now THAT was freaking cool...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QzV4kNLnjdI/maxresdefault.jpg

I had the ďfroggerĒ watch... way way better than a brietling

Sliceback
09-25-2018, 01:59 PM
FO *****ing about life. CA ďyouíre doing ok since youíre wearing a $500 watch.Ē FO ďthis POS? I bought it for $10 overseas.Ē Then he notices the CAís wearing the same watch but the look on his face says he didnít pay $10 for his.

Route66
09-25-2018, 04:44 PM
Any watch that John Travolta wears....count me in. NOT!

Route66
09-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Sorry, CAPTAIN "Qantas" wears. My bad.

cactusmike
09-25-2018, 09:12 PM
All the timepiece youíll ever need.

flyinawa
09-26-2018, 04:51 AM

HA! And here I thought Iíd never agree with you an on anything...

TiredSoul
09-27-2018, 03:48 AM
FO *****ing about life. CA ďyouíre doing ok since youíre wearing a $500 watch.Ē FO ďthis POS? I bought it for $10 overseas.Ē Then he notices the CAís wearing the same watch but the look on his face says he didnít pay $10 for his.

Just trying to make conversation so I asked this one Captain if his watch was the real deal or not.
After he recovered from his stroke he tells me you canít fake titanium.
Ok boss...

By the way I wear a big honking 1lbs Chinese Breitling.

PerfInit
10-05-2018, 09:54 AM
These are very nice timepieces, but caution, they require frequent $$ maintenance and overhaul to retain their water resistant specs. Iíll stick with my cheap Mickey Mouse watch.

Arado 234
10-05-2018, 12:35 PM
These are very nice timepieces, but caution, they require frequent $$ maintenance and overhaul to retain their water resistant specs. I’ll stick with my cheap Mickey Mouse watch.

Ask yourself what the bigger picture is...

The same reason women spend tons of $$$ on purses, shoes etc. Guys on watches, cars, boats etc.

They are fighting an attention deficit!

PotatoChip
10-05-2018, 01:43 PM
These are very nice timepieces, but caution, they require frequent $$ maintenance and overhaul to retain their water resistant specs. Iíll stick with my cheap Mickey Mouse watch.

I have this model watch.
No, they donít.
They require a new battery about every three years.
You can pay $10 and get it done by a regular watch person or by a Breitlint authorized dealer for $50-100. (Which I do).
Or you can send it into Breiling and pay more for no real reason (akin to taking your car to a dealer to be fixed.)

TransWorld
10-05-2018, 03:49 PM

But can Mickey swim?

No thanks, I will stick with my gold Rolex. It is waterproof to 100 meters.

Arado 234
10-05-2018, 05:02 PM
I have this model watch.
No, they donít.
They require a new battery about every three years.
You can pay $10 and get it done by a regular watch person or by a Breitlint authorized dealer for $50-100. (Which I do).
Or you can send it into Breiling and pay more for no real reason (akin to taking your car to a dealer to be fixed.)

Do NOT get your new battery changed by a non-authorized dealer. My Aerospace had issues after a battery change and it was fixed for free. Wouldn't have happened at a strip mall watch place.

Name User
10-05-2018, 07:52 PM
A $4,000 watch and you still have to replace the battery? Really? Wow, total rip off. There are cheap watches that don't even need batteries these days!

Arado 234
10-06-2018, 12:12 AM
A $4,000 watch and you still have to replace the battery? Really? Wow, total rip off. There are cheap watches that don't even need batteries these days!

Easy there NU! You still gotta get your oil changed in your Lambo, right? :D

Csy Mon
10-06-2018, 01:17 AM

Got a similar watch 30 years ago.
Only needed Breitling service once @$400.
About $20 for a new battery at the strip mall place, but donít use it for swimming or diving.
Quit using it altogether after smartphones came on the market.
The Breitling is retired and so am I, nice watch though.

PotatoChip
10-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Okay. Donít buy it. Problem solved.

Lowat
11-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Just passing words from the Point of Contact that the order is still open and ending soon.

aabreitling.weebly.com

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1