Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Lines out of PHL

Chet Manley
09-23-2018, 07:01 AM
Hey guys,

Ive got a class date coming up, eventually Id like to be based in PHL. I was wondering if it is unusual to get trips that start and end in base? Day trips or 2 days for example. Or is that type of thing fairly common?

Thanks in advance for any insight

njd1
09-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Hey guys,

I’ve got a class date coming up, eventually I’d like to be based in PHL. I was wondering if it is unusual to get trips that start and end in base? Day trips or 2 days for example. Or is that type of thing fairly common?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Trips by definition begin and end in base. Reserve is a different story. You might have to deadhead somewhere for duty and deadhead back to your base. As for the trip mix, I haven't looked at the data for PHL but it seems like LGA and EWR seem to have a roughly even mix for 1, 2, 3, and 4 day trips. We don't have a lot of 5 day trips, and in fact flying for Delta in LGA we have none.

FYI, while it is possible you will be able to get PHL out of training, as it's one of our smaller bases there are by definition fewer vacancies and fewer lines. This means you'll likely be on reserve longer there than say LGA or CMH.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1