Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Investor day on Oct.2nd

seekingblue
09-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Clearly we will announce something. Any guesss or thoughts?

Europe? Wide bodies? Merger? More frequent red eye flights to the DR? DR from the west coast as a red eye? Closing down smaller stations?

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Why is it "clear"?

seekingblue
09-26-2018, 06:21 AM
Why is it "clear"?

Because why have an investor day if you arenít going to announce something?

Itís my understanding that every past investor day has produced some sort of change (aircraft order, fare families, mint, new cities, etc)

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 06:45 AM
Because why have an investor day if you arenít going to announce something?

Itís my understanding that every past investor day has produced some sort of change (aircraft order, fare families, mint, new cities, etc)

Well the "trend is your friend" and the trend the last few investor days was fleet densification, fair families (bag fees) and structural cost program (cutting airline costs) and share buybacks.

In other words, full catering to the investors.

With that said, maybe this is finally the time they stop talking about Europe and actually do something? But I thought we all thought last time was the time? And the time before? And the time before?

The timing is right for an LR announcement, if the rumored start time is actually true. Airbus needs 18 months for an LR conversion, maybe less for some customers.

I just have extreme "big announcement" fatigue from this place.

Wide-body aircraft? I think you're WAY out to lunch on that one. There are a couple of merger possibilities, but not sure that is an investor day type of thing.

Definitely more red-eyes to DR. Possibly closing a few stations.

What I do know is if history is any guide, I'm standing by to be underwhelmed.

seekingblue
09-26-2018, 06:51 AM

Agree 100%.

Didnít mean to imply that there would be a life changing announcement on Oct. 2nd. That said, I do think there will be an announcement and something will happen.

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Agree 100%.

Didnít mean to imply that there would be a life changing announcement on Oct. 2nd. That said, I do think there will be an announcement and something will happen.

Special divided paid to shareholders for saving big money on pilot contract?

CLRtoPush
09-26-2018, 06:55 AM
MCO base, come on people.

korg128
09-26-2018, 07:17 AM
Never a cheery post over here what gives? Curious from potential employee

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Some are cheery no matter what.

Some are cheery when the airline lives up to it's potential.

Some are never cheery.

Lots of goalposts have been moved over the years on some of us, so while we may be very happy in life generally, our disappointment in the airline is heavy.

On the other hand my day to day work-life (largely based on my seniority) is very good (well, except for the delays and some of our hotels), and the paycheck hasn't bounced yet.

capt707
09-26-2018, 07:29 AM
Are we playing the big announcement game? Isnít it usually on the 15th?

Be ready to be disappointed again...

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Are we playing the big announcement game? Isnít it usually on the 15th?

Be ready to be disappointed again...

Not for October, for October we get to be disappointed on the 2nd AND the 15th.

And the 8th and 20th!

And the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th......

pilotpayne
09-26-2018, 07:42 AM
Well the "trend is your friend" and the trend the last few investor days was fleet densification, fair families (bag fees) and structural cost program (cutting airline costs) and share buybacks.

With that said, maybe this is finally the time they stop talking about Europe and actually do something? But I thought we all thought last time was the time? And the time before? And the time before?

The timing is right for an LR announcement, if the rumored start time is actually true. Airbus needs 18 months for an LR conversion, maybe less for some customers.

Wide-body aircraft? I think you're WAY out to lunch on that one. There are a couple of merger possibilities, but not sure that is an investor day type of thing.

The only thing is the company has not said there will be a big announcement. This investor day thing was based on a rumor they would close some cityís as we said in a different thread. As you said the previous announcements all on investor day seem to be about making more money (shocking) so I wouldnít be surprised to see them trim cityís that donít work.

Now since this is all speculation and we dare not hope for good news I can see a joint announcement. Hey we are going to grow and do Europe but we are going to be responsible and cut other areas so not really growth growth. I think wall st would like that vs hey we are just going to grow because god knows we canít do that.

Who knows at this point.

jtrain609
09-26-2018, 07:49 AM

Europe? Wide bodies? Merger? More frequent red eye flights to the DR? DR from the west coast as a red eye? Closing down smaller stations?

I'll bet we'll announce flights to Europe from the DR using RJ's

TransWorld
09-26-2018, 07:55 AM
I'll bet we'll announce flights to Europe from the DR using RJ's

Either that or non-stops to Perth, Australia using RJs.

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 07:59 AM
The only thing is the company has not said there will be a big announcement. This investor day thing was based on a rumor they would close some cityís as we said in a different thread. As you said the previous announcements all on investor day seem to be about making more money (shocking) so I wouldnít be surprised to see them trim cityís that donít work.

Now since this is all speculation and we dare not hope for good news I can see a joint announcement. Hey we are going to grow and do Europe but we are going to be responsible and cut other areas so not really growth growth. I think wall st would like that vs hey we are just going to grow because god knows we canít do that.

Who knows at this point.

Unlike most normal JB growth to the DR, Europe actually has a good chance of being a very high margin add (because of VERY high premium cabin fares on a stage length not much longer than SFO, in an aircraft we already operate(LR)), so I think they can credibly argue to add trans-atlantic without many of our investors revolting.

Yes, I think it's maybe more likely than ever before that THIS might finally be the announcement. Standard Bluedriver disclaimers apply, and I'm fully prepared to be disappointed again.

Many institutional investors won't like the announcement of Europe, not because of what it will mean for JB, but for what it will mean for U.S. legacy airline premium fares. Institutional investors have ten times as much money invested in each individual U.S. legacy than they do combined in JB stock.

PasserOGas
09-26-2018, 08:34 AM

Further deferrals? Taking advantage of the JV giveaway with Azul? Code sharing agreements? Stock buybacks with the money they saved on our CBA? Loss write-down from our tech ventures?

todd1200
09-26-2018, 08:47 AM
IMHO, I think a Europe announcement is pretty likely. They seem to be talking about it with the press a lot more lately. Also just heard someone got ramp checked for their WATRS log because weíre applying for ETOPS.

CaptCoolHand
09-26-2018, 08:49 AM
Hoping to skip the LR and go with XLR or 330.

No way theyíre buying 330s

So my bet is the XLR. Still a paper plane. I know.

pilotpayne
09-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Unlike most normal JB growth to the DR, Europe actually has a good chance of being a very high margin add (because of VERY high premium cabin fares on a stage length not much longer than SFO, in an aircraft we already operate(LR)), so I think they can credibly argue to add trans-atlantic without many of our investors revolting.

Yes, I think it's maybe more likely than ever before that THIS might finally be the announcement. Standard Bluedriver disclaimers apply, and I'm fully prepared to be disappointed again.

Many institutional investors won't like the announcement of Europe, not because of what it will mean for JB, but for what it will mean for U.S. legacy airline premium fares. Institutional investors have ten times as much money invested in each individual U.S. legacy than they do combined in JB stock.

I agree with all of this (not that it matters)

CaptCoolHand
09-26-2018, 09:47 AM
I agree with all of this (not that it matters)

poundmetoo

say again
09-26-2018, 10:08 AM

Many are happy being here (some aren't), at least that is what I see on the line.

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 10:10 AM
poundmetoo

I just not into dudes.

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Hoping to skip the LR and go with XLR or 330.

No way theyíre buying 330s

So my bet is the XLR. Still a paper plane. I know.

Agree, prefer XLR, but probably won't be available soon enough for launch, so probably a mix of LRs and eventually XLRs.

Wouldn't really be a problem that way as they would just end up scheduling the LRs for shorter legs (DUB, LGW, KEF) and XLRs for CDG, AMS, LIS, MAD, FCO, MUN, ZUR.

Not saying we serve all of those cities, just as an example.

Agree, A330s NOT happening right now.

CaptCoolHand
09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
I just not into dudes.

Um Poundmetoo

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Um Poundmetoo

I already said no nicely!

Bozo the pilot
09-26-2018, 01:22 PM

Its a 2nd tier airline. No matter what kind of CBA we get, management has proven time and time agin that it hates us.
Most of us believe that our futures are being directed by morons who say they want to go to Europe but are unable to do a simple FLL turn without cascading delays.
Europe is gonna be a breeze though. ;)
Try for a legacy man.

Bozo the pilot
09-26-2018, 01:24 PM

^^^^^100%^^^^^

hyperboy
09-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Some are cheery no matter what.

Some are cheery when the airline lives up to it's potential.

Some are never cheery.

Lots of goalposts have been moved over the years on some of us, so while we may be very happy in life generally, our disappointment in the airline is heavy.

On the other hand my day to day work-life (largely based on my seniority) is very good (well, except for the delays and some of our hotels), and the paycheck hasn't bounced yet.

Seniority in seat or global? That can be a drastic difference? What is your name?.....I am laughing and joking as I type this.

Bluedriver
09-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Seniority in seat or global? That can be a drastic difference? What is your name?.....I am laughing and joking as I type this.

That makes two of us...

capt707
09-27-2018, 05:00 AM
The big announcement is seasonal service from BOS-PSP and extended service from JFK-PSP!

Thatís some Yuuuuuge expansion... Yay! More redeyes!

seekingblue
09-27-2018, 06:16 AM
The big announcement is seasonal service from BOS-PSP and extended service from JFK-PSP!

Thatís some Yuuuuuge expansion... Yay! More redeyes!

I donít mind the red-eyes with the ADG.

Just glad they arenít to the DR!

IH8ROADS
09-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Next blue city will be somewhere in Hawaii. ETOPS and LRís out of ONT, to HNL or maybe Maui. Pacific crossing will be announced before Trans Atlantic... just a guess ;)

I think theyíll want the LRs on the property before we announce any Trans Atlantic. Too much competition to screw up the plan to plan that far ahead.

Xtreme87
09-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Next blue city will be somewhere in Hawaii. ETOPS and LRís out of ONT, to HNL or maybe Maui. Pacific crossing will be announced before Trans Atlantic... just a guess ;)

I think theyíll want the LRs on the property before we announce any Trans Atlantic. Too much competition to screw up the plan to plan that far ahead.

Yea, look for Hawaiian to announce that service shortly. Just like Bos and LGB

Therealseal
09-27-2018, 02:16 PM

Next blue city (other than TATL) should be IND, CMH, or STL. It is quite surprising that B6 doesn't serve those markets.

PasserOGas
09-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Next blue city (other than TATL) should be IND, CMH, or STL. It is quite surprising that B6 doesn't serve those markets.

The money is in Kingston Jamaica, Aguadilla, Port au Prince and Santiago DR.

We cater to the high end market.

Softpayman
09-27-2018, 02:52 PM
I need something to be EXITED about!!

What are we 10 year olds? Go to work, collect check, have check clear, repeat.

CaptCoolHand
09-27-2018, 03:44 PM

God, we've been over this...

people from NY don't do those places... it's very simple.

pilotpayne
09-27-2018, 05:41 PM

In a way thatís true.
I donít get why people donít understand that. Iím not saying itís the best idea but Jetblue has literally said this from the start. They were started to fly NYers to mainly vacation destinations. They say it over and over.
Now yes Bos is a little more business oriented but they are still the airline that flyís (never on time ) NYers to vacation spots.

With the geography and the right plane they should be able to make Europe work but in the end Jetblue is what it is.

Iím not saying itís bad or good or that things should or should not change but to still be a stand alone carrier they have done something right.

My main issue is the ELT if if if they have a plan sure donít share it and sure donít inspire much confidence right now from us or Wall St.

But unless there is a major shift or a merger they are going to stick to what they know.

Bozo the pilot
09-27-2018, 06:25 PM
The money is in Kingston Jamaica, Aguadilla, Port au Prince and Santiago DR.

We cater to the high end market.

:D. Im warming to your sarcasm. Wassup POG?

CaptCoolHand
09-28-2018, 04:44 AM
In a way thatís true.
I donít get why people donít understand that. Iím not saying itís the best idea but Jetblue has literally said this from the start. They were started to fly NYers to mainly vacation destinations. They say it over and over.
Now yes Bos is a little more business oriented but they are still the airline that flyís (never on time ) NYers to vacation spots.

With the geography and the right plane they should be able to make Europe work but in the end Jetblue is what it is.

Iím not saying itís bad or good or that things should or should not change but to still be a stand alone carrier they have done something right.

My main issue is the ELT if if if they have a plan sure donít share it and sure donít inspire much confidence right now from us or Wall St.

But unless there is a major shift or a merger they are going to stick to what they know.

I was trying to be sarcastic... but you're right.

But I agree with the guy. We fly over a lot of geography that would be lucrative.

pilotpayne
09-28-2018, 05:35 AM
I was trying to be sarcastic... but you're right.

But I agree with the guy. We fly over a lot of geography that would be lucrative.

Just because you are sarcastic doesnít mean you are wrong :)

Bluetruth
09-28-2018, 06:11 AM
Well I think we have the answer, check your emails.

Therealseal
09-28-2018, 06:16 AM

Sure, lol and NYers loooove Cleveland Ohio, anyway you guys will eventually have to serve some of those destinations in order to fend off Delta

The701Express
09-28-2018, 06:23 AM
Well I think we have the answer, check your emails.

Wall St wanted it, the writing was on the wall. Of course they're going and JetBlue-ifying it, so it won't be as spartan as Spirit and will have more hip language describing it.

TristarJS30
09-28-2018, 06:26 AM
Wall St wanted it, the writing was on the wall. Of course they're going and JetBlue-ifying it, so it won't be as spartan as Spirit and will have more hip language describing it.

What's the old saying about lipstick on a pig?

The701Express
09-28-2018, 06:39 AM
What's the old saying about lipstick on a pig?

It still tastes like bacon?:D

pilotpayne
09-28-2018, 09:12 AM

Yup Wall St runs this company.

hilltopflyer
09-28-2018, 09:14 AM

If you arenít charging for carryon bags and personal bags what are we charging for extra then? Already charge for bags. Just someone not being able to pick their seat?

Softpayman
09-28-2018, 09:20 AM
If you arenít charging for carryon bags and personal bags what are we charging for extra then? Already charge for bags. Just someone not being able to pick their seat?

Perhaps this is all? Southwest makes a ton off just that. The $20 (or whatever it is) upcharge to be able to check in sooner.

hilltopflyer
09-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Perhaps this is all? Southwest makes a ton off just that. The $20 (or whatever it is) upcharge to be able to check in sooner.

Hopefully just that. Donít want to turn into spirit or the epic failure the economy fares were at American.

coopervane
09-28-2018, 09:56 AM
ďAfter selecting a feasibility team and after 3 years of study, we have decided to switch to a locally produced/sourced and environmentally friendly lavatory additive.Ē

You heard it here first.

The701Express
09-28-2018, 10:37 AM

I have no idea how they plan to structure this. Maybe start charging after the 5th bag of cheezits? 😋

The whole point of basic economy at the legacies is not to sell just the basic fare. They want people to pull the trigger on a ticket, capture the customer and prevent them from using a ULCC.

Once they've committed to flying on you, then you upsell them on the niceties. That $25 for the short tsa line doesn't seem so expensive when you're looking at the regular tsa line extending past the entrance or when you're running late. That extra $50 for an extra legroom seat doesn't seem so bad once time has separated you from your original ticket purchase and you're boarding a 6 hour flight in coach , in the last rows, without being able to choose an aisle or window seat.

Having that more enjoyable product within reach of the basic economy customer is crucial to enticing the "customer to empower themselves" and "define their own customer experience". Those types of buzzwords help cover up for the fact that this is high margin revenue that will also allow the company to tout its success to Wall Street after its been rolled out. It's a new revenue stream with growth potential.

JetBlue has plenty of faults, but what it does very well is finding the revenue. The current tiered fare structure has been in place for maybe 3 years now, and while it's made lots of extra revenue, they clearly feel it's due for some tweaking, which is not a bad thing. I'm sure they have a lot of data and recognize the tiers of customers who fly jetblue and how best to attract them to fly more and spend more while doing so. Jetblue is a marketing company that just happens to fly planes, and they know their market well.

I see this less as a move towards the ulcc model, and more of a shift in how jetblue sells travel, differentiating types of tickets to attract different travelers flying for different reasons combined with a slight expansion of the target market. Since it appears to be mostly a software and policy change instead of a new cabin layout, there's flexibility to allow for relatively quick changes in pricing strategies if needed, so it's not a long term commitment.

On a pilot-centric note, the option for a lower base fare ticket could help justify entry into higher competition markets, like the Midwest, where ulcc's like Spirit and Frontier have a lot more presence than jetblue and fly to vacation destinations. While not being able to beat the base fare, jetblue could conceivably skim off some of the higher end ulcc customers who can afford a bare bones jetblue ticket, but not the regular fare, want a nice passenger experience, but don't need anything extra beyond that. Combine that with a lower CASM plane like the A220, and you are in a stronger position to compete in lower demand markets that are still critical to creating a national airline with a strong network.

Flyby1206
09-28-2018, 03:16 PM
On a pilot-centric note, the option for a lower base fare ticket could help justify entry into higher competition markets, like the Midwest, where ulcc's like Spirit and Frontier have a lot more presence than jetblue and fly to vacation destinations. While not being able to beat the base fare, jetblue could conceivably skim off some of the higher end ulcc customers who can afford a bare bones jetblue ticket, but not the regular fare, want a nice passenger experience, but don't need anything extra beyond that. Combine that with a lower CASM plane like the A220, and you are in a stronger position to compete in lower demand markets that are still critical to creating a national airline with a strong network.

Very good point here. Additionally, toss a handful of these fares on Europe service (yea yea, it will happen someday) for the backpacker crowd and upcharge the hell out of them. ULCC TATL competition will be fierce

Std Deviation
09-29-2018, 09:00 AM
ďAfter selecting a feasibility team and after 3 years of study, we have decided to switch to a locally produced/sourced and environmentally friendly lavatory additive.Ē

You heard it here first.

Thatís exactly what I left in the lav three hours after consuming some food from the airport in the DR - a locally produced environmentally friendly additive.

Bluedriver
10-02-2018, 03:59 AM

And "clearly" we are NOT going to announce anything today.

CaptCoolHand
10-02-2018, 04:17 AM

clearly.

but there will be lots of words. descriptions and more words... even maybe some new words that mean new things.

so after today's infomercial we will still not know what we are doing or what is happening.

but what you will know, is that it's gonna be amazing, awesome, people want it and you need to have it... right now. so call in the next 10minutes or be one of our first 100 callers and you can get 2000 True blue points after just 10years of dedicated service.

usmc-sgt
10-02-2018, 04:35 AM
This whole thing reads like our OTP initiative. Tons of awesome and innovative steps which provided no change, if not a decline in OTP.

capt707
10-02-2018, 04:56 AM

Did you guys really expect anything else? The whole ďwe are going to Europe!Ē has become a complete joke! We canít even fly a FLL turn on time.

Chief Brody
10-02-2018, 05:03 AM
I

Your previous boss has already announced this idea and is on his way to making it happen. Better act fast!

capt707
10-02-2018, 05:25 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2018/10/02/jetblue-at-a-crossroads-kick-the-big-three-where-itll-hurt-most-or-convince-one-of-them-to-buy-it/#1120f3ed701f

Bluedriver
10-02-2018, 05:43 AM
clearly.

but there will be lots of words. descriptions and more words... even maybe some new words that mean new things.

so after today's infomercial we will still not know what we are doing or what is happening.

but what you will know, is that it's gonna be amazing, awesome, people want it and you need to have it... right now. so call in the next 10minutes or be one of our first 100 callers and you can get 2000 True blue points after just 10years of dedicated service.

I can't get through! The lines busy!

CaptCoolHand
10-02-2018, 05:57 AM
I can't get through! The lines busy!

Please wait and the next crew scheduler will be with you shortly.

CaptCoolHand
10-02-2018, 06:07 AM
Oh right... and then.

Nothing happened.

Rudderless

Bluedriver
10-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Oh right... and then.

Nothing happened.

Rudderless

Fare family 2.0!!!!

Good God, at least they didn't defer MORE deliveries again.

pilotpayne
10-02-2018, 06:41 AM
Hey

The elt just needs to say.

Having no plan

Is

A

Plan

See mind blown.

NightOwl
10-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Here I thought I could stop updating my apps.... I was wrong.

lowcountryflyer
10-02-2018, 07:02 AM
http://airlinefiles.com/images/Hunkering_Down.jpg

Bozo the pilot
10-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Here I thought I could stop updating my apps.... I was wrong.

Yes- Get tf outta here if you're young enough.
"Nothing to see here- Please disperse."
Drebbin

benzoate
10-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Im not sure why people get so excited about these investor calls. Nothing exciting ever gets announced. When we get bought we'll learn of that from the news, not an investor call.
Jetblue does not have ETOPS and its a 2 year wait to convert a 321 order to an LR. In fact, Gigity and Christie didn't know ETOPS was tail specific. They thought the 220 comes pre-certified. You can't make this chit up.
In the history of Jetblue the only thing that gets announced are fare changes, union discussions or benefits cuts. Opening/closing cities, management changes or really anything substantial comes throughout the year.

NightOwl
10-02-2018, 07:14 AM
Yes- Get tf outta here if you're young enough.
"Nothing to see here- Please disperse."
Drebbin

Oh believe me, Iíve been trying. Short of stalking the HR managers at the big 3 outside their offices, I donít know what else to do.

Softpayman
10-02-2018, 07:14 AM
Did you guys really expect anything else? The whole ďwe are going to Europe!Ē has become a complete joke! We canít even fly a FLL turn on time.

Most large carrierís international ops are more on time than their domestic short haul crap (FLL def falls into that category).

One plane flys 1-2 flights and doesnít get ground delay programmed vs a 321 that flys 6 flights a day with 200 NY-FLL types and spends itís afternoons waiting on EDCTs.

benzoate
10-02-2018, 07:22 AM
Going to Europe is nothing more than a warning to the legacys. This airline is for sale. Gigity is being set up/protected, cuts are to make the airline more attractive, order books are healthy.

seekingblue
10-02-2018, 07:34 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2018/10/02/jetblue-at-a-crossroads-kick-the-big-three-where-itll-hurt-most-or-convince-one-of-them-to-buy-it/#1120f3ed701f

Iím glad management and the pilot group have (perhaps for the first time in history) a common goal. Selling Jetblue is the best thing for us, IMHO

Seems like upper management agrees.

benzoate
10-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Iím glad management and the pilot group have (perhaps for the first time in history) a common goal. Selling Jetblue is the best thing for us, IMHO

Seems like upper management agrees.

Who's taking the bait? The proverbial $64,000 question.

lowcountryflyer
10-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Looks like stock pumping to me:rolleyes:

seekingblue
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Who's taking the bait? The proverbial $64,000 question.

The bigger question is, who will the government allow us to merge with and how much will the purchasing company be forced to divest.

hilltopflyer
10-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Im not sure why people get so excited about these investor calls. Nothing exciting ever gets announced. When we get bought we'll learn of that from the news, not an investor call.
Jetblue does not have ETOPS and its a 2 year wait to convert a 321 order to an LR. In fact, Gigity and Christie didn't know ETOPS was tail specific. They thought the 220 comes pre-certified. You can't make this chit up.
In the history of Jetblue the only thing that gets announced are fare changes, union discussions or benefits cuts. Opening/closing cities, management changes or really anything substantial comes throughout the year.

Isnít Christie a pilot here?! We have some top notch people running this place. Did they actually say we thought the 220 would come pre certified? Guess they forgot that huge fine for American flying to Hawaii after us air merger.

Bluedriver
10-02-2018, 08:03 AM

Airbus has said minimum 18mos for LR conversions, but yes they used to say 24mos. Also, for some customers it could possibly have been negotiated to be less than 18mos, Robbing recently refused to say what the lead time was required to be to a reporter.

Bluedriver
10-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Looks like stock pumping to me:rolleyes:

Sure does.

benzoate
10-02-2018, 08:19 AM
The bigger question is, who will the government allow us to merge with and how much will the purchasing company be forced to divest.

To be a fly on the wall of those conversations.

Im more wrong than right when guessing/predicting what Jetblue will do next but these last few months truly have me perplexed.

After the last round of SOP changes to correct OTP nothing changed and it appears our OTP could be worse. To me, management has given up. The constant threats of Europe to poke the bears, the addition of Ben Baldazar to the board and the promotion of Gigity. Forgive me ladies and gents but present an argument for not merging.

Neeleman was operational inept but visionary at the same time. His passion for this place ensured he'd never give up the dream. Barger was a glorified gate agent and was pushed out. He would never have left because achieving this level of success was never going to happen again. The board, hayes and gigity have their golden parachutes loaded and ready to pull the rip cord so if the price is right, or close...

Rabid Seagull
10-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Was there any color on next quarter's crop yield?
I heard Boni found a startup that sells idirt that we may ship to JFK as comat. It's supposed to reduce the jetfuel residue in our T5 vegetables.

I can't wait to see what Jamie D. has to say about today. Good Forbes article that Ted Striker put in the ' buying Frontier' thread.

CFDJC4
10-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Man I hope youíre right about Hawaii. If Sun Country can do it, so can we.

queue
10-03-2018, 07:38 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2018/10/02/jetblue-at-a-crossroads-kick-the-big-three-where-itll-hurt-most-or-convince-one-of-them-to-buy-it/#33f1c7e7701f

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1