Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : thyroid

Flyingsaucer744
09-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Hello,

Anyone here flying with a first class medical and a hypothyroid or hyperthyroid condition?
does it need to be reported to the FAA as soon as the diagnostic is confirmed or wait until you next medical?

Thanks

USMCFLYR
09-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Hashimotos here.
I was already diagnosed when I applied for my medical so I don't know about holding off till the next medical.
Personally I'd report it right away.
Hasn't be a problem for me other than the yearly letter from the doctor's reporting a stabilized TSH level.
Good luck.

Excargodog
09-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Anyone here flying with a first class medical and a hypothyroid or hyperthyroid condition?
does it need to be reported to the FAA as soon as the diagnostic is confirmed or wait until you next medical?

Thanks

Report it to your regional flight surgeon's office and it is a non problem. Don't report it, and it probably STILL won't be a problem, but why take the chance?

Flyingsaucer744
09-26-2018, 03:17 PM
thanks for the reply