Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : October 8th Class

180tillLIMMA
09-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know what the possible equipment drop will be for the October 8th class next month? First Officer position.

BigZ
09-26-2018, 11:11 AM
That information is not typically available before the class starts

Naviator
09-26-2018, 11:28 AM
The possibilities for FOs are:

DFW
E145
E175

ORD
CRJ
E145
E175

LGA
E145

MIA
E145

GoFast8
09-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Set low standards. Expext to get the airplane and base that you would absolutely hate to get. When you show up to class and they show you the class drop youll be happier.

I was expecting to get something incredible and was gut punched with a bad class drop on 9/24.

Keep your mind open. You can always transfer back.
145 is in all bases.

Likely options are:
ORD 145
LGA 145
DFW 145

abcd123
09-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Set low standards. Expext to get the airplane and base that you would absolutely hate to get. When you show up to class and they show you the class drop youll be happier.

I was expecting to get something incredible and was gut punched with a bad class drop on 9/24.

145 is in all bases.

Likely options are:
ORD 145
LGA 145
DFW 145

Well, that's what you get for expecting something incredible.

GoFast8
09-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Well, that's what you get for expecting something incredible.

Well when the past 4 classes had it youd think it would keep going. Things change on a dime. Dont use the past class drops as a prediction of what youll get. Its luck of the draw.

pitchattitude
09-26-2018, 04:28 PM

145 is in all bases.

Likely options are:
ORD 145
LGA 145
DFW 145
DFW 145 has not been offered in 18-24 months. Donít know the most junior pilot currently, but probably 3-9 months to get to DFW on the 145.

If you look at the last several months to last 18 months, just when you think there is a trend, they yank the rug out from under you.

Bigpimppilot
09-26-2018, 06:34 PM
https://youtu.be/AUM59Eh6vTwhttps://youtu.be/AUM59Eh6vTw

Selena Gomez is on a winning streak. How could she loose?

GoFast8
09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
DFW 145 has not been offered in 18-24 months. Donít know the most junior pilot currently, but probably 3-9 months to get to DFW on the 145.

If you look at the last several months to last 18 months, just when you think there is a trend, they yank the rug out from under you.

Do you think 3-9 months to get from ORD145 to DFW 145 is accurate?

havick206
09-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Do you think 3-9 months to get from ORD145 to DFW 145 is accurate?

3 months is probably dreaming, itís not impossible but the planets would have to align to be back in DFW by the time you finish training (assuming a bid ran during your Indoc week).

Probably more like 6-12 months to get to dfw on the 145 as FO, by the time you take into account bid award and move date etc.

GoFast8
09-26-2018, 07:35 PM
3 months is probably dreaming, itís not impossible but the planets would have to align to be back in DFW by the time you finish training (assuming a bid ran during your Indoc week).

Probably more like 6-12 months to get to dfw on the 145 as FO, by the time you take into account bid award and move date etc.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. How often do the bids run?

pitchattitude
09-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking. How often do the bids run?

They have been fairly consistent every three months, beginning of the quarter. Next one closes sometime first week of October.

GoFast8
09-26-2018, 08:00 PM
They have been fairly consistent every three months, beginning of the quarter. Next one closes sometime first week of October.

Awesome! Thanks. Hopefully i get access and learn how to use DECS before this bid closes.

henryjj
09-26-2018, 11:39 PM
Awesome! Thanks. Hopefully i get access and learn how to use DECS before this bid closes.

Friend told me that this week's new hire class isn't eligible for this vacancy bid.. Check with another pilot. Heard it was an HI6 message or something

GoFast8
09-27-2018, 03:17 AM
Friend told me that this week's new hire class isn't eligible for this vacancy bid.. Check with another pilot. Heard it was an HI6 message or something

Intresting. Why wouldnt this weeks new hire class be eligible? Ill have to ask around

SilentLurker
09-28-2018, 09:58 PM
Intresting. Why wouldnt this weeks new hire class be eligible? Ill have to ask around

Because weíre still in between vacancies. A standing vacancy has not been announced yet with the new vacancy. The new one has not even closed yet. Once it does and results are out, then standing bids are out out.

Then FOís with 950hrs & DECs can have at the spoils / crumbs. That is basically how it works, until the following vacancy bid/announcement.

Nutshell is, DECís choices are in the Standing Vacancy offerings.

GoFast8
09-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Because weíre still in between vacancies. A standing vacancy has not been announced yet with the new vacancy. The new one has not even closed yet. Once it does and results are out, then standing bids are out out.

Then FOís with 950hrs & DECs can have at the spoils / crumbs. That is basically how it works, until the following vacancy bid/announcement.

Nutshell is, DECís choices are in the Standing Vacancy offerings.

Ok. I'm probably missing something here, but being in the new hire class that started on 9/24...I've already been able to put in my Standing Bid Preference.
Its my understanding that the current bid is open now and closes sometime in the first week of October.

Because I have my bid pref. in already prior to it closing sometime Oct.,, wouldn't I be eligible to be awarded what I bid....provided I'm lucky obviously, or am I totally lost?

pitchattitude
09-30-2018, 01:39 AM
Not sure if this is the issue, but there are CA and FO vacancies on this bid.

It is possible that is part of the issue here. Iím not 100% sure, but as a new hire, probably for both seats, you can bid to change base. Certainly FOs can not change equipment and I THINK the DECs are stuck in equipment as well for the two year lock. I donít see why both new hire CAs and FOs couldnít change BASE only if there are openings and seniority allows it.

There were vacancies in both ORD and DFW on the 175 for FOs, so those on the 175 can move between base. There were the same number listed in both locations, so for those it is just a lateral and effectively for for the company a paper shuffle.

And either way, if the system allows you to put in a bid for something that you are not permitted, it will be ignored when the bid is run.

GoFast8
09-30-2018, 05:02 AM
Not sure if this is the issue, but there are CA and FO vacancies on this bid.

It is possible that is part of the issue here. Iím not 100% sure, but as a new hire, probably for both seats, you can bid to change base. Certainly FOs can not change equipment and I THINK the DECs are stuck in equipment as well for the two year lock. I donít see why both new hire CAs and FOs couldnít change BASE only if there are openings and seniority allows it.

There were vacancies in both ORD and DFW on the 175 for FOs, so those on the 175 can move between base. There were the same number listed in both locations, so for those it is just a lateral and effectively for for the company a paper shuffle.

And either way, if the system allows you to put in a bid for something that you are not permitted, it will be ignored when the bid is run.

Yeah anyone out if training on new equipment has a seat lock.

Where did you find a list if all the vacancies?

NoValueAviator
09-30-2018, 08:02 AM
The vacancies are listed in the very badly formatted HI6 messages they sent.

Curiously, both NCE and NFE are missing from the openings.

GoFast8
09-30-2018, 09:08 AM
The vacancies are listed in the very badly formatted HI6 messages they sent.

Curiously, both NCE and NFE are missing from the openings.

oh ok. not seeing those. must have deleted them, no clue how to get them back.

BigZ
09-30-2018, 09:29 AM
oh ok. not seeing those. must have deleted them, no clue how to get them back.

Hi16
https://sabreguide.weebly.com/sabre-guide.html

3GreenKSNA
09-30-2018, 09:29 AM
oh ok. not seeing those. must have deleted them, no clue how to get them back.HI16/startdate/enddate

-Keep the dirty side down

pitchattitude
09-30-2018, 10:50 AM
21sep

to: All pilots
vacancy/displacement bid is open eff <21 sep 2018
*vacancies* *enter training no later than*
<20 dfw ca emj <30 mar 20
<40 ord ca emj <30 mar 20
<50 dfw ca e75 <30 mar 20
<15 dfw fo emj <30 mar 20
<30 ord fo emj <30 mar 20
<40 dfw fo e75 <30 mar 20
<40 ord fo e75 <30 mar 20
there may not be backfills. This bid will close at <1500ct on <06oct18 and is scheduled to be run on <09oct18. A preliminary award may follow.
Pilots entering training within 14 days of the actual run date will be subject to a training freeze and will not be awarded a vacancy.
Per cba section 15.j.2 and 3. Pilots with a retirement date before <13dec19 will be withheld from a bid status per cba section 15 g.6.a. A final award will be posted on <13oct18. Report any problems to your chief pilot. All bids are your responsibility and final on the bid closing date. Per letter 13-08 lga/jfk are considered co-domiciles. Please use lga as the base when bidding in the vacancy.

CaseTractor
09-30-2018, 12:08 PM
"Pilots entering training within 14 days of the actual run date will be subject to a training freeze and will not be awarded a vacancy."

Does this apply to FOs who were displaced to CA in a seat they wish to leave? And if so, does that mean they can bid for another position after they are DONE with training during the next vacancy bid?

When an FO is displaced to CA, are they displaced only into available vacancies, or can they displace any other CA junior to them into a seat they desire? i.e. this vacancy bid could cause a junior CA to be displaced by a forced upgrade FO? And then the whole process repeats down the line perpetually for many months and system bids?

GoFast8
09-30-2018, 12:19 PM
HI16/startdate/enddate

-Keep the dirty side down

Thank you!

GoFast8
09-30-2018, 12:52 PM
21sep

to: All pilots
vacancy/displacement bid is open eff <21 sep 2018
*vacancies* *enter training no later than*
<20 dfw ca emj <30 mar 20
<40 ord ca emj <30 mar 20
<50 dfw ca e75 <30 mar 20
<15 dfw fo emj <30 mar 20
<30 ord fo emj <30 mar 20
<40 dfw fo e75 <30 mar 20
<40 ord fo e75 <30 mar 20
there may not be backfills. This bid will close at <1500ct on <06oct18 and is scheduled to be run on <09oct18. A preliminary award may follow.
Pilots entering training within 14 days of the actual run date will be subject to a training freeze and will not be awarded a vacancy.
Per cba section 15.j.2 and 3. Pilots with a retirement date before <13dec19 will be withheld from a bid status per cba section 15 g.6.a. A final award will be posted on <13oct18. Report any problems to your chief pilot. All bids are your responsibility and final on the bid closing date. Per letter 13-08 lga/jfk are considered co-domiciles. Please use lga as the base when bidding in the vacancy.

Does this ďtraining freezeĒ apply if you started training less than 14 days of the bid run and are bidding for a different base/same equip? Or is it for different base/different equip?

I wouldnt think a simple change of base and no change of equipment would incur a training freeze.

havick206
09-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Does this ďtraining freezeĒ apply if you started training less than 14 days of the bid run and are bidding for a different base/same equip? Or is it for different base/different equip?

I wouldnt think a simple change of base and no change of equipment would incur a training freeze.

Different equip

Cyborg13
10-26-2018, 08:38 AM
I was in the September 24th class and we were able to bid. In fact 2/3 of the class was awarded base transfers, effective March 2. Everyone in the class who bid DFW/145 got it.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1