Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Republic Question

SabineFlyer
09-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Weird curiosity: When flying for Republic, are you assigned to one particular airline flag (i.e Delta Connection, United Express, American Eagle), or is it possible to fly under multiple flags in one day?

greendotplus10
09-27-2018, 10:08 AM
Weird curiosity: When flying for Republic, are you assigned to one particular airline flag (i.e Delta Connection, United Express, American Eagle), or is it possible to fly under multiple flags in one day?

You'll fly as one codeshare per pairing/trip. Depending on your base you may or may not fly all codeshares regularly.

e.g. EWR is UA only. LGA is AA and DL. CMH has all three.

Operationally they are almost identical to each other.

devinwesthause
09-27-2018, 02:29 PM
You'll fly as one codeshare per pairing/trip. Depending on your base you may or may not fly all codeshares regularly.

CMH has a good mix of all three. It's a great way to see everyone's operation.

TheWeatherman
09-28-2018, 06:29 AM
It didn't take me long to accidentally thank passengers flying a Delta aircraft for flying with United.

Rahlifer
09-28-2018, 07:30 AM
It didn't take me long to accidentally thank passengers flying a Delta aircraft for flying with United.

Thatís why itís best to never use the codeshare name in any announcements. You wouldnít belieeeeeeeeeeeve some of the petty crap that will put a serious twist in some peopleís knickers.

Macchi30
09-28-2018, 01:45 PM

so, if you were DCA based, does that mean you'd only fly AA? Or does it mean that your first day of your trip you fly AA since DCA is their base, then that evening you end at LGA, the next morning for your second day, could you fly under DL?

greendotplus10
09-28-2018, 02:08 PM
so, if you were DCA based, does that mean you'd only fly AA? Or does it mean that your first day of your trip you fly AA since DCA is their base, then that evening you end at LGA, the next morning for your second day, could you fly under DL?

DCA has all 3 codeshares. Each pairing you'll be assigned to fly will all be for the same codeshare.

Macchi30
09-28-2018, 04:37 PM
DCA has all 3 codeshares. Each pairing you'll be assigned to fly will all be for the same codeshare.

Oh wow I had no idea. I thought that since itís an AA hub, that would be the primary out of DCA. Thanks for the info

greendotplus10
09-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Oh wow I had no idea. I thought that since itís an AA hub, that would be the primary out of DCA. Thanks for the info

Your suspicions are correct, 56% of DCA pairings are AA. 34% DL and 10% UA. It varies a bit month to month.

170driver
09-29-2018, 06:17 AM
Your suspicions are correct, 56% of DCA pairings are AA. 34% DL and 10% UA. It varies a bit month to month.

And if youíre a reserve pilot or reassigned, you may fly all three in one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrFriendly7
10-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Whats the percentage of DL vs AA at LGA? Thanks for info

TangoIndiaMike1
10-14-2018, 12:54 AM

The company puts this info out when we bid and it changes monthly. Iím sure you could tally it up by clicking through the american and delta apps or on flight aware.
I really donít know if I can post it here due to confidentially. Why do you wanna know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geardownflaps30
10-16-2018, 05:50 AM

Itís fairly even...slightly more pairings typically on the DL side, but total block hours very similar. Varies a couple of percentage points from month to month, season to season.

Geardownflaps30
10-16-2018, 05:52 AM
And if youíre a reserve pilot or reassigned, you may fly all three in one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Always a fun time on reserve!

MNpilot16
10-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Sorry to jack this thread.

If I am leaving Republic first week of November and complete the AQP today, does anyone know if I will get paid for it?

Taco Cat
10-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Sorry to jack this thread.

If I am leaving Republic first week of November and complete the AQP today, does anyone know if I will get paid for it?

Yes...
Paid on Nov 15 check with your October ďoveragesĒ....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1