Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Question for KLGB regulars

WindWalker999
09-27-2018, 09:52 AM
What does you guys’ operations manual or local procedures dictate for extended climb outs below the floor of KLAX class B? If you are heavy and climbing out to the south, do you guys have relief to clean up to green dot on the climb, or do you climb out to the floor with flaps 1 or some such? Any differences when on an RNAV departure and “climbing via” versus a 180 or similar heading departure?

aldonite7667
09-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Yes, every aircraft does. Just tell ATC you are “climbing clean” and your speed.

jtrain609
09-27-2018, 11:59 AM
What does you guys’ operations manual or local procedures dictate for extended climb outs below the floor of KLAX class B? If you are heavy and climbing out to the south, do you guys have relief to clean up to green dot on the climb, or do you climb out to the floor with flaps 1 or some such? Any differences when on an RNAV departure and “climbing via” versus a 180 or similar heading departure?

Let me guess, you work at Compass.

hilltopflyer
09-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Let me guess, you work at Compass.

I think based on his post Hawaiian.

jtrain609
09-28-2018, 01:07 AM
I think based on his post Hawaiian.

Man I hope they're not hung up on that one. Compass was fanatical about being below 200 knots NO MATTER WHAT.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1