Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New uniforms

arbatistoni
09-29-2018, 05:10 PM
I just received my new uniforms last week and I must say Iím super unimpressed.

The material for the pants and blazer is course and it iritates my skin. Never had any issues with the twin hills. The new pants dont have the stretchy bit on the sides anymore either which stinks. After eating a 5guys burger in between flights, the stretch was nice.

The fit is not as good. The shirts are like a dress on me. You could fit a sewer pipe theough the short sleves. I could fit the shirt on over top of my leather jacket plus more stuff underneath. I guess i have a fat neck for my size because the colar is the only part that is right. And of course they didnt start stocking the fitted shirts until after i got and opened some of mine. The shirt material is very much thicker than the old shirts which is fine now but I doubt it will be fun next summer.

The blazer is cut differently and i dont like it. Its got a bulkier and less fitted cut than the twin hill.

The new belt is simply the cheapest looking belt I've ever seen and no more aa logo.

The whole thing looks cheap and did not fit well. Had it tailored but still looks on the cheap side. I really prefer the twin hill version.

No overcoat or hat yet. Still backordered.

Has anyone had any iritation with the new uniforms?

DanRoman
09-29-2018, 05:49 PM
Theyíre complete garbage and an embarrassment. Love the big ďMade in ChinaĒ tag on the jacket collar. Itís a shame because I really like our current jacket and pants, they were actually a more modern cut. Instead theyíve replaced them with something that looks like an old manís suit. The shirts are ridiculous and I have to believe it couldnít have been that much more expensive to find shirts made with a better material and cut like ACA.

DanRoman
09-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Oh and for what itís worth there is no option to get the tapered shirt as a part of your order. It says employee purchase only.

SilentLurker
09-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Did any of you write the company?

Probably should if you havenít.

Also unless AAG mainline pilots complains weíre out of luck here on the regional level buds.

Email the company with your feedback. Iím sure they want it.

Name User
09-29-2018, 06:12 PM
You can thank the AA flight attendants for their ridiculous *****ing sessions and obnoxious complaints. I agree the M&H is absolute garbage and most guys here at AA still wear the TH one. I myself have three TH jackets and six pairs of their pants and will continue to wear that uniform. It's almost exactly the same color...

The whole thing is insane, the APFA sent the uniform to get tested and it came back under limits to the Okeo 100 or whatever certification the new one is so proudly advertising. It's such a shame, back to the same crap AA had for decades and never got away from, these people are like your grandmother who wears the same stuff she wore in 1960, they have no desire to move on into the modern age...

We have hired a bunch of younger FAs, not one wants to wear the granny uniform that existed here prior.

Name User
09-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Did any of you write the company?

Probably should if you havenít.

Also unless AAG mainline pilots complains weíre out of luck here on the regional level buds.

Email the company with your feedback. Iím sure they want it.
AA mainline guys who complain are all older and think the M&H one is great becuse it fits their 38" waistline and 16.5" necks perfectly. They were happy with the garbage they wore for decades. It's such a shame, this is why we can't have nice things. We were so close...

Ijustlikeflying
09-29-2018, 06:28 PM
Just opened my uniform tonight...absolutely horrible. The shirt material feels like paper m‚chť and I could fit a basketball through the sleeves. The jacket fits like hell, doesnít have a fitted look at all....Way to much extra material in the pants. I look like Iím walking around in a parachute... Itís like wearing a suit when I was 5 years old that my mom bought just by eying it up in the store. (AKA too much extra material). The belt is too big even though I ordered the same size as my twin hill belt, and itís the cheapest belt I quite possibly have ever seen. I could find a better one at the dollar general up the street if I wanted...

Iím a 30waist in all pants Iíve ever bought in the last 5 years of my life and the waist is so tight Iíll have to starve myself 2 days prior to leaving for a trip just to fit into them. (They run small for people who havenít ordered yet, order waist size 1 bigger than your normal).

The only thing they got right was my alterations. The length was good on the pants after I provided them my measurements. Ties the same and the bars now match republics thick a** stripes. So we will look like our republic friends now.

...all I can say is I wonít be wearing any of it until they start writing people up for not wearing it. Itís literally terrible. And to the guys that are already wearing it, Iíve noticed in the airport. It looks like hell. Cheapest looking uniform Iíve ever seen, maybe consider going back to your old one until they firmly require it...

Itís embarrassing how cheap it looks I seriously donít think they even trialed it. So typical AAG. Delta brought in some fashion professional for years before they chose their new uniforms. We got a quote from Walmartís number 1 supplier and AAG went with it.

...oh and the twin hill itch problem. Yup... this one is itchy as hell too... soo...

...Iíll be wearing the twinhill uniform with a cut above shirts until they start writing people up.

Ijustlikeflying
09-29-2018, 06:46 PM
...itís nice to see Iím not the only who has made all of these observations on the new uniform.

GoFast8
09-29-2018, 07:38 PM
still waiting for my uniform to come in....Does getting the uniform tailored not help at all? or are they just that bad?

Ijustlikeflying
09-30-2018, 04:33 AM
still waiting for my uniform to come in....Does getting the uniform tailored not help at all? or are they just that bad?

The jacket did fit fine for me so I didnít need it tailored, but itís jusy cheapy looking and doesnít have the fitted look anymore. And the pants I got tailored and the length is good but again just too much extra material.

FlyPurdue
09-30-2018, 04:38 AM
I thought that I heard in one of the crew communication emails that M&H was the same company that makes Deltaís uniforms.

I have only ever worn the ĎA Cut Aboveí shirts as I was blessed with a 16.5Ē neck, and a 32Ē waist. No pilot shirt besides ACA even comes close to looking descent, as they offer really fitted shirts, and even very affordable custom shirts too.

I am sure I am going on a black list for this next statement, but Banana Republic has suit pants that are 99% the same color as the approved uniform. I donít wear the jacket, just the epaulet sweate when required, so ymmv if trying to match unapproved pants to approved jacket.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1065892&pcid=75310&vid=1&pid=257847012

They are very expensive at $170, but can almost always find a 40% off coupon, and then although still expensive, I found the cost worth it as we wear these nearly every day; might as well be comfortable, and feel professional. I still think BR is overpriced for the quality you get, but these were a good compromise.

I bet UAís new Brooks Brothers uniform is going to look pretty nice.

Ijustlikeflying
09-30-2018, 07:44 AM
I thought that I heard in one of the crew communication emails that M&H was the same company that makes Deltaís uniforms.

I have only ever worn the ĎA Cut Aboveí shirts as I was blessed with a 16.5Ē neck, and a 32Ē waist. No pilot shirt besides ACA even comes close to looking descent, as they offer really fitted shirts, and even very affordable custom shirts too.

I am sure I am going on a black list for this next statement, but Banana Republic has suit pants that are 99% the same color as the approved uniform. I donít wear the jacket, just the epaulet sweate when required, so ymmv if trying to match unapproved pants to approved jacket.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1065892&pcid=75310&vid=1&pid=257847012

They are very expensive at $170, but can almost always find a 40% off coupon, and then although still expensive, I found the cost worth it as we wear these nearly every day; might as well be comfortable, and feel professional. I still think BR is overpriced for the quality you get, but these were a good compromise.

Iíll have to check this out!

BigZ
09-30-2018, 08:04 AM
Iíll have to check this out!

A Cut Above also makes AA pants, haven't seen them in person though
https://acutaboveuniforms.com/collections/uniform-pants/products/mens-pants
As of last few days their stock has been running low for some reason. More expected in a week.

arbatistoni
09-30-2018, 08:09 AM

Its much less fitted/tapered in the waist than the old one. Feels kindof like a tarp.

GoFast8
09-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Its much less fitted/tapered in the waist than the old one. Feels kindof like a tarp.

oh lovely.
Has anyone had any issues with wearing a near identical uniform with a much better fit and material? Wondering if I should spend time looking or just deal with the crap until it gets fixed.

Approach1260
09-30-2018, 09:12 AM
The cut above AA gray pants are really nice, they fit great out of the box and have a bit of a stretch to them. I highly recommended them.

bigtime209
09-30-2018, 09:18 AM
oh lovely.
Has anyone had any issues with wearing a near identical uniform with a much better fit and material? Wondering if I should spend time looking or just deal with the crap until it gets fixed.

Well, the new uniform won't be getting fixed. Yes, you can tailor it but it's still going to be garbage. Get A Cut Above shirts and pants. Where the sweater in the winter and leave the blazer home. It's really unfortunate AAG moved to M&H. With the exception of their toilet paper thin shirts, the Twin Hill uniform was a much better fit and quatlity. The hat, belt, blazer, epaulets and pants were far superior.

BigZ
09-30-2018, 09:20 AM
Couldnít resist
https://i.imgflip.com/1a019n.jpg

NoValueAviator
09-30-2018, 10:41 AM
I can confirm that if you donít go around bragging about it and bashing the approved uniform, no one will notice or care if you wear your own stuff, make an effort to look standard and use the provided epps, belt etc.

HardLemonade
09-30-2018, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the Banana Republic tip, homie. I'm jumping on my scooter as we speak and peddaling down to the mall.

Even the Cut Above pants for me are too baggy.

arbatistoni
09-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Couldnít resist
https://i.imgflip.com/1a019n.jpg

Excellent!

uavking
09-30-2018, 11:22 AM

You're thinking of inflight/above wing, and that vendor is Land's End. DL's current pilot supplier is HPI, and is a pretty low quality product sourced from Indonesia. They replaced a couple of options such as Abbott (supplier to the Navy and good quality).

Off the top of my head, M&H is vendor for UA (which hasn't been popular, hence the move to Brooks Brothers), Alaska, FDX, and Southwest.

Cyio
09-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Yeah they suck. Got mine a few months ago and havenít worn then a single time. The pants run very small and no stretch. Shirts feel like I am wearing something made of hay.

Anyway, A Cut Above has been amazing, just ordered my long sleeves for the winter. Will have to give their paints a test now.

Name User
09-30-2018, 02:39 PM
FYI you can still buy the uniform pants from Twin Hill. They are around $43 each. I bought a good waist size and brought them to Men's Warehouse who tailored the inseam for free and direct billed to AA...

Also I think the blazers are $120 but don't quote me.

Weekendwarrior2
09-30-2018, 08:01 PM
I can confirm that if you donít go around bragging about it and bashing the approved uniform, no one will notice or care if you wear your own stuff, make an effort to look standard and use the provided epps, belt etc.

This ^^^ honestly looks better 90% of the time than the approved baggy pants/wrinkled shirts.

Livingtofly89
10-01-2018, 05:55 PM
I just received my new uniforms last week and I must say Iím super unimpressed.

The material for the pants and blazer is course and it iritates my skin. Never had any issues with the twin hills. The new pants dont have the stretchy bit on the sides anymore either which stinks. After eating a 5guys burger in between flights, the stretch was nice.

The fit is not as good. The shirts are like a dress on me. You could fit a sewer pipe theough the short sleves. I could fit the shirt on over top of my leather jacket plus more stuff underneath. I guess i have a fat neck for my size because the colar is the only part that is right. And of course they didnt start stocking the fitted shirts until after i got and opened some of mine. The shirt material is very much thicker than the old shirts which is fine now but I doubt it will be fun next summer.

The blazer is cut differently and i dont like it. Its got a bulkier and less fitted cut than the twin hill.

The new belt is simply the cheapest looking belt I've ever seen and no more aa logo.

The whole thing looks cheap and did not fit well. Had it tailored but still looks on the cheap side. I really prefer the twin hill version.

No overcoat or hat yet. Still backordered.

Has anyone had any iritation with the new uniforms?

LMFAO. I just told my wife all of the same things.

Yes, also irritated by the darn pants and jacket!!!

flysooner9
10-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Got my M&H shipment today and agree the stuff is pretty terrible.

Ijustlikeflying
10-01-2018, 07:27 PM
I seriously think the company went with m&h just based off of a couple peoples reviews... itís ridiculous what poor quality of a uniform it is. Pretty sure we now officially have the worst uniform in the industry.

NoValueAviator
10-01-2018, 07:42 PM
In my opinion, the real problem areas are the shirts (material, cut of the arms), and the pants (waist). The shirts are itchy. Not kinda itchy, ITCHY, coarse material that is very distracting to wear and abrasive to the skin, not at all breathable, and there's a serious wizard sleeve thing going on w/ the short sleeves, weird Michelin man thing with the longs.

As for the pants, I naively added 1" to what I wear in jeans/twin hill and can't even close them. It looks like +4" or +5" is the way to go. They do a really nice job hemming them, and when I ordered you were forced to select hemming options (which prevents you from exchanging or returning), which means I will be burning mine.

I like the tie a lot. The button holes are great, I've always thought tie clips looked bad.

The belt is ugly and too narrow and clashes with the muted silver of the epps and wings but whatever.

Weekendwarrior2
10-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Do the twin hill pants match the M&H or is color off?

havick206
10-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure almost 50% of the pilot group will wear their twinhill stuff well past itsí useby date, and the other 50% sporting an entire cut above uniform once their twinhill stuff kicks it.

Anyone willing to place odds on another uniform supplier change by the end of 2019?

NoValueAviator
10-01-2018, 07:58 PM

M&H is substantially darker. You won't get caught unless you wear the M&H jacket & Twin Hill pants at the same time.

Floobs
10-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Just keep wearing the old one.

uavking
10-02-2018, 02:35 AM

M&H is a dark blue, probably equivalent to Pantone Parisian Night/Aviation Blue that inflight chose, so it does not match the previous gray.

uavking
10-02-2018, 02:39 AM
I seriously think the company went with m&h just based off of a couple peoples reviews... itís ridiculous what poor quality of a uniform it is. Pretty sure we now officially have the worst uniform in the industry.

This is the L-US uniform in a different shade. Simple as that. It's also essentially the same as what Alaska, United, Southwest, Fedex, etc. wear. That said, the fact that M&H has quality and fit issues with contract airline uniforms isn't a secret. Feel free to file your complaint with the mainline uniform committee, perhaps swayed by L-US guys, who chose this vendor over other options.

wiz5422
10-02-2018, 05:31 AM
M&H is substantially darker. You won't get caught unless you wear the M&H jacket & Twin Hill pants at the same time.

what about the Cut Above pants, do they match the new color?

NoValueAviator
10-02-2018, 07:08 AM
what about the Cut Above pants, do they match the new color?

I use soft white bulbs at home and I'd say the AA Grey option from Cut Above is almost right in between the M&H and Twinhill uniforms colorwise. I think my TH pants are fading due to machine washing though, so who knows. Either way, if you mix and match and wear one of the issue jackets, it will be noticeable to someone who is looking for it imo.

BigZ
10-02-2018, 07:12 AM
I use soft white bulbs at home and I'd say the AA Grey option from Cut Above is almost right in between the M&H and Twinhill uniforms colorwise. I think my TH pants are fading due to machine washing though, so who knows. Either way, if you mix and match and wear one of the issue jackets, it will be noticeable to someone who is looking for it imo.
I predict cardigan and leather jacket sales are going to go up

pitchattitude
10-02-2018, 07:20 AM
This is the L-US uniform in a different shade. Simple as that. It's also essentially the same as what Alaska, United, Southwest, Fedex, etc. wear. That said, the fact that M&H has quality and fit issues with contract airline uniforms isn't a secret. Feel free to file your complaint with the mainline uniform committee, perhaps swayed by L-US guys, who chose this vendor over other options.
What/who is L-US?

NoValueAviator
10-02-2018, 07:27 AM
What/who is L-US?

Legacy US Airways

Name User
10-02-2018, 09:15 AM
FWIW the M&H color was chosen to match the TH as closely as they could get it without holding the rights to the color TH used. It was originally designated as an alternative if you had issues with the TH. They are pretty close in color as long as you wear each piece together and don't mix, the epaulets and stripes seem to vary the most. But you can replace the stripes.

IMO the APA f*d this up horribly. I actually don't really trust the APA to do anything right anymore. I would much rather have the company and only the company involved in these sort of issues.

The LUS uniforms were absolutely crap too and also came from M&H. They were really low end stuff, horrible design, cut, and material. I wore golf pants from Kohl's instead. $25 vs the $60+ M&H wanted.

PilotPete4You
10-02-2018, 12:14 PM
In an industry that treats us like forklift operators, but dresses us up in second rate suits, Iíd feel more honest and comfortable in a blue 1-piece jumpsuit.

mike sierra
10-02-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm from another WO but I wanna add to this topic.

M&H is Horrible

I would rather slowly die poisoned from Twin Hill than rapidly suffocate by the small, non-correct size by M&H

Lower quality, Looks cheap and bad.

Also, on my overcoat the buttons are to big for the holes...so it doesn't close...WTF

havick206
10-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Also, on my overcoat the buttons are to big for the holes...so it doesn't close...WTF

Hahahahaha hahahahaha.

Send it back and say you want it fixed and see what they actually do with it

Ijustlikeflying
10-02-2018, 05:55 PM
I'm from another WO but I wanna add to this topic.

M&H is Horrible

I would rather slowly die poisoned from Twin Hill than rapidly suffocate by the small, non-correct size by M&H

Lower quality, Looks cheap and bad.

Hahahaha...the reviews just keep coming in. Hahahahahaha

pitchattitude
10-02-2018, 06:20 PM
So I contacted M and H and told them feedback was that pants are running small. This is what the told me:

Our pants are made in a "Traditional" cut, So they do sometimes seem to run smaller when compared to your previous uniform provider .
But they are manufactured to be easily customized; i.e. tapered, waist adjustments, etc.

To Determine your Pant size, Take a measuring tape and measure it around your waist as you would a belt.
Look at the measurement where the tape meets. That is technically your sizeÖbutÖ Is this comfortable? If so, order that size. If you are a 37, and that size is not available, go up to the next size i.e.; 38.
If you feel the tape is the right measurement but would like a little more room, Order the next inch or two up. This is a uniform and may be worn more often than your casual clothing. For this reason, we suggest that you order what will be comfortable for you long term.
If you have a more muscular or fuller thighs or seat area, it may be more comfortable to fit for those areas and then take the waist in accordingly.

For what itís worth, I didnít flat out tell them that everyone thinks they suck, but we definitely need to let management know thatís what everyone thinks.

bigtime209
10-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure almost 50% of the pilot group will wear their twinhill stuff well past itsí useby date, and the other 50% sporting an entire cut above uniform once their twinhill stuff kicks it.

Anyone willing to place odds on another uniform supplier change by the end of 2019?

Slim to none. At best. After sinking at least tens of millions of dollars to issue Twin Hill unitforms just to turn around and drop an additional tens of millions in new unitforms from M&H and Lands End, I donít see AAG going out and doing it a third time.

Jamesthunder
10-02-2018, 07:27 PM
If only we could get a uniform stipend and all shop at cut above.

Voski
10-03-2018, 04:34 AM
Iím a new hire at MQ and, while I know Iíll be issued the entire uniform, Iíve caught wind thatís itís best to invest in my own uniforms. That said, which vendors should I go through if I want to get the entire ensemble (i.e. XYZ for the coat, ABC for shirts and pants, etc.)?

havick206
10-03-2018, 05:59 AM
Iím a new hire at MQ and, while I know Iíll be issued the entire uniform, Iíve caught wind thatís itís best to invest in my own uniforms. That said, which vendors should I go through if I want to get the entire ensemble (i.e. XYZ for the coat, ABC for shirts and pants, etc.)?

You canít buy the blazer.

A cut above for the shirts and pants though.

Ijustlikeflying
10-03-2018, 06:17 AM
As much as I hate the new uniform, please be careful buying the ďAA GreyĒ pants from a cut above because they donít match the new uniform. They match the old one. Please correct me if Iím wrong.

uavking
10-03-2018, 01:47 PM
As much as I hate the new uniform, please be careful buying the ďAA GreyĒ pants from a cut above because they donít match the new uniform. They match the old one. Please correct me if Iím wrong.

Yeah, the shade is different. Wouldn't surprise me if A Cut Above comes out with a blue to match, though.

BigZ
10-03-2018, 02:01 PM
The difference between TH and M&H is negligible under normal light

Please remember that the blue - Parisian Night - has nothing to do with us, that's 2019 frontline employee color
Looks like this -
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/09/28/american-airlines-employees-vote-on-new-uniforms.html
I.e. NOTHING like the M&H

dera
10-03-2018, 02:05 PM
If you feel the tape is the right measurement but would like a little more room, Order the next inch or two up.

Two inches up? TWO INCHES?
Whoever wrote that has no clue about how clothes work :D

Ijustlikeflying
10-03-2018, 02:07 PM

Please remember that the blue - Parisian Night - has nothing to do with us, that's 2019 frontline employee color
Looks like this -
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/09/28/american-airlines-employees-vote-on-new-uniforms.html

Probably because you wear large sizes...the difference is very noticeable for people who opted for the ďfittedĒ twinhill option. The difference is huge for me. M&H Looks like a wing suit on me.

flysooner9
10-03-2018, 02:09 PM
For whatís its worth M&H did specifically say on their site that you had to measure your actual waste and not your normal pants size. I did this and mine fit perfectly although theyíre still cheapo pants. I buy 32 sometimes 34 waist in normal pants and my M&H pants are 36

havick206
10-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Probably because you wear large sizes...the difference is very noticeable for people who opted for the ďfittedĒ twinhill option. The difference is huge for me. M&H Looks like a wing suit on me.

My actual wingsuit is a better fit.

BigZ
10-03-2018, 02:57 PM

I was talking about the color - M&H cut is hideous

uavking
10-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Looks like this -

(Holds M&H pants next to Twin Hill gray next to A Cut Above AA gray for reference) Gray with hints of blue looks pretty different than pure blue, but ok. Short of getting a Pantone color swatch and holding it next to an M&H AA blue swatch, Iím going to guess that the blue chosen by M&H was in an effort to look close to the future inflight selection.

Pantone Parisian Blue (or what has been billed as Aviation Blue): https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/19-4022-TCX

Livingtofly89
10-03-2018, 06:45 PM

I agree. If your looking for it youíll notice the difference in color but I doubt the average passenger would notice. I did run across a fellow pilot that always used a washing machine to clean his clothes vs a dry cleaner and his pants were a lot lighter/faded in color, so maybe easier to notice the difference in color depending on how you wash your clothes?

uavking
10-03-2018, 06:51 PM
I agree. If your looking for it youíll notice the difference in color but I doubt the average passenger would notice. I did run across a fellow pilot that always used a washing machine to clean his clothes vs a dry cleaner and his pants were a lot lighter/faded in color, so maybe easier to notice the difference in color depending on how you wash your clothes?

Regular detergents such as Tide rely on optical brighteners to help clothes look clean. However, for wool blend garments, a gentler detergent like Woolite is the way to go. Use that in a cold water cycle, hang up your pants to dry, and youíre good to go.

flysooner9
10-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Has anyone tried the M&H V neck pullover sweater?

Name User
10-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Regular detergents such as Tide rely on optical brighteners to help clothes look clean. However, for wool blend garments, a gentler detergent like Woolite is the way to go. Use that in a cold water cycle, hang up your pants to dry, and youíre good to go.

Good info thank you

beechjetdriver
10-05-2018, 11:44 AM
There is a crew news on October 17. That might be a good place to voice your displeasure of the new uniform or ask about a possible second uniform option (in addition to M&H). Emailed questions must be submitted by October 12.

Houpilot2001
10-17-2018, 06:10 PM
So....everyone but pilots get 6 months of field testing on their clothes. Those of which are much higher quality Lands End but we get stuck with this M&H junk. Seems par for the course.

Pntbllr233
10-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Is there a full zipper sweater option anywhere or is it just buttons and pull overs? A Cut Above looks nice, but I get hot easily and want something I can easily take on and off. I thought I saw something that said Twin Hill offered a full zipper option, but I no longer have access and their public page didn’t show pilot stuff.

Jamesthunder
10-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Is there a full zipper sweater option anywhere or is it just buttons and pull overs? A Cut Above looks nice, but I get hot easily and want something I can easily take on and off. I thought I saw something that said Twin Hill offered a full zipper option, but I no longer have access and their public page didnít show pilot stuff.

I can't speak to if you're able to purchase it anymore, but I can say that zipper breaks down and it becomes some garbage.

DanRoman
10-18-2018, 02:06 AM
I can't speak to if you're able to purchase it anymore, but I can say that zipper breaks down and it becomes some garbage.

Zipper definitely goes to crap in a hurry, which is ridiculous for what that sweater costs.

havick206
10-18-2018, 02:08 AM

Yep zipper lasts about 3 months of being used nearly every day.

Houpilot2001
10-18-2018, 05:51 AM
In regards to the sweater, black or navy?

SilentLurker
10-18-2018, 07:58 AM
I love ďA Cut AboveĒ and will continue wearing it. Epaulets, Tie, wings, belt, lanyard are about the only things from AAG that I wear. No complaints or issues on my end.

The M&H uniform is free, take your uniforms to a tailor and get it altered to fit your personal needs and comfort people. Mainline controls the uniform selection process in collaboration with APA & APFA committees,. We just go thru the motions of wear test and debuts here at the regionals.

Iím paid to fly airplanes, dress me up in a clown suite if you like, just make sure the check clears on the 1st and 15th!

havick206
10-18-2018, 09:50 AM
I love ďA Cut AboveĒ and will continue wearing it. Epaulets, Tie, wings, belt, lanyard are about the only things from AAG that I wear. No complaints or issues on my end.

The M&H uniform is free, take your uniforms to a tailor and get it altered to fit your personal needs and comfort people. Mainline controls the uniform selection process in collaboration with APA & APFA committees,. We just go thru the motions of wear test and debuts here at the regionals.

Iím paid to fly airplanes, dress me up in a clown suite if you like, just make sure the check clears on the 1st and 15th!

Clown suits are a FOD hazard

PilotCinnamon
10-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Should I be concerned that I ordered my new uniform in July and they still haven't shipped?

BigZ
10-19-2018, 04:49 AM
Should I be concerned that I ordered my new uniform in July and they still haven't shipped?
Nope
Filler

bigtime209
10-19-2018, 07:00 AM

No

/10/

inky13
10-19-2018, 08:29 AM
Ordered mine mid-July and got them the other day.

FWIW, I agree with all the reviews of how cheap the material is for the shirts and pants. As for the fit of the pants, they came out to be quite smaller than planned. All of my pants, including the TwinHill pants, are 34. These M&H didn't even come close to that. And of course, knowing that 34 was my number for everything, I elected to have M&H do the hemming.

The nice thing about M&H though, even with the hemming done on the pants, I sent them an email explaining how I measured my waist and my history of pant sizes and they're allowing me to exchange the hemmed 34's for another size. Thank God.

So if your hemmed pants are fitting too small and explain to them how you came up with the size to order, hopefully they'll allow you to exchange as well. With enough of us doing this, maybe they'll get the hint...

If you haven't ordered yet, I would recommend not having them hem it. You can have a tailor do it and submit the expense for reimbursement.

Regardless, I'm wearing TH until specifically told otherwise.

highfarfast
10-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Ordered mine mid-July and got them the other day.

FWIW, I agree with all the reviews of how cheap the material is for the shirts and pants. As for the fit of the pants, they came out to be quite smaller than planned. All of my pants, including the TwinHill pants, are 34. These M&H didn't even come close to that. And of course, knowing that 34 was my number for everything, I elected to have M&H do the hemming.

The nice thing about M&H though, even with the hemming done on the pants, I sent them an email explaining how I measured my waist and my history of pant sizes and they're allowing me to exchange the hemmed 34's for another size. Thank God.

So if your hemmed pants are fitting too small and explain to them how you came up with the size to order, hopefully they'll allow you to exchange as well. With enough of us doing this, maybe they'll get the hint...

If you haven't ordered yet, I would recommend not having them hem it. You can have a tailor do it and submit the expense for reimbursement.

Regardless, I'm wearing TH until specifically told otherwise.

Same experience here. Ordered the size all my other pants are, including TH. Iím lucky enough that my pant size is pretty standard. Depending on manufacturer, I might prefer a relaxed fit or a regular fit but the waist and inseam I can get right of the shelf, no hemming needed. My M&H pants arrived rediculously small. The slip they came with said they had been hemmed though. I ordered so long ago, I donít remember if I ordered this way on purpose or not or even what the order options were they may have led me that direction. I complained to M&H and was told theyíd waive the limitation on altered material. My guess is that this is already registering with them as a problem, hence allowing the return.

The thing that made me laugh was in their responce to my complaint, they said their sizes are in line with actual industry standards. So I guess the rest of the industry is non-standard? lol

inky13
10-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Same experience here. Ordered the size all my other pants are, including TH. Iím lucky enough that my pant size is pretty standard. Depending on manufacturer, I might prefer a relaxed fit or a regular fit but the waist and inseam I can get right of the shelf, no hemming needed. My M&H pants arrived rediculously small. The slip they came with said they had been hemmed though. I ordered so long ago, I donít remember if I ordered this way on purpose or not or even what the order options were they may have led me that direction. I complained to M&H and was told theyíd waive the limitation on altered material. My guess is that this is already registering with them as a problem, hence allowing the return.

The thing that made me laugh was in their responce to my complaint, they said their sizes are in line with actual industry standards. So I guess the rest of the industry is non-standard? lol

I was given a number in case I needed help with sizing. Sure, make me less fat! :eek:

highfarfast
12-17-2018, 06:32 AM
For those that having the uniform altered, where are you taking it too?

I first took a set of pants to Men's Wearhouse because I thought they could direct bill them to the company. There was a lot of fuss about it because it wasn't Twin Hill. They called someone who told them they still had to do it through a specific date even if it was M&H. So that was fine.

I liked what they did so I took the second pair of pants to them. Different person working that day so I went through the fuss again, they called someone and were told they could NOT direct bill the company because it was M&H. I told them fine, I'll just submit the expense myself. However, they charged me over twice what the company is approving. :mad:

havick206
12-17-2018, 06:38 AM

I first took a set of pants to Men's Wearhouse because I thought they could direct bill them to the company. There was a lot of fuss about it because it wasn't Twin Hill. They called someone who told them they still had to do it through a specific date even if it was M&H. So that was fine.

I liked what they did so I took the second pair of pants to them. Different person working that day so I went through the fuss again, they called someone and were told they could NOT direct bill the company because it was M&H. I told them fine, I'll just submit the expense myself. However, they charged me over twice what the company is approving. :mad:

How much will they approve?

TeeRainPULup
12-17-2018, 08:24 AM
How much will they approve?

Mine was 28 and got approved.

highfarfast
12-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Mine was 28 and got approved.

So, where did you get it done?

uavking
12-17-2018, 03:56 PM

Find a local tailor, who knows what they're doing, and stick with them. A good tailor (not some hack at Men's Warehouse) can do wonders with poorly fitting garments.

At a minimum, a suit (which is essentially what this uniform is), will need sleeves altered and trousers hemmed. Don't forget to have your tailor move the stripes when they alter your sleeves (bottom stripe 2 inches from the bottom of the sleeve and 1/4 inch between stripes; same as the Navy). It's reimbursable and you'll look like a hack if the sleeve is simply chopped off.

For those who have forgotten, tailoring reimbursement amounts and procedures are in a new uniform FAQ on my.envoyair on the Flight page.

Iflythe72
12-17-2018, 10:10 PM
Iíve went to multiple men warehouse locations and they send me away saying they wonít tailor any brand they donít sell in the store.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1