Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : IAD Domicile

xxFlyBoyxx
09-29-2018, 06:08 PM
I am starting training soon at Mesa and wanted to get your thoughts on my chances of getting an IAD base right out of training. I was assigned the CRJ...thanks!

P Owed Captain
09-30-2018, 06:13 AM
Your chance is probably 999,999 out of a million!

JestersDead
09-30-2018, 07:17 AM
Your chance is probably 999,999 out of a million!
So you re sayin there s a chance

AKwarts
09-30-2018, 11:14 AM
I am starting training soon at Mesa and wanted to get your thoughts on my chances of getting an IAD base right out of training. I was assigned the CRJ...thanks!

You're basically guaranteed IAD out of training. The last three CRJ classes were all assigned IAD on their initial bid because it is so understaffed.

NovemberBravo
09-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Just for reference I believe all northeast bases at all regionals are available out of training.

calmwinds
09-30-2018, 02:09 PM
Just for reference I believe all northeast bases at all regionals are available out of training.

How sure are we that we will have an IAD base come the end of next year.... it assumes that GoJet loses the CRJ700ís and we donít lose ours.

tlamjaj
09-30-2018, 04:23 PM

DCA/PHL takes a bit to hold at PSA.

NovemberBravo
09-30-2018, 05:01 PM
How sure are we that we will have an IAD base come the end of next year.... it assumes that GoJet loses the CRJ700ís and we donít lose ours.

This would give JO the opportunity to move the 700s to Hawaii...

calmwinds
09-30-2018, 05:21 PM
This would give JO the opportunity to move the 700s to Hawaii...

Who knows what JO is cooking up...... a relaunch of Go...

NovemberBravo
09-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Who knows what JO is cooking up...... a relaunch of Go...

Well if weíre going by JO statements heís said he wants to try again.

calmwinds
10-01-2018, 03:07 AM
Well if weíre going by JO statements heís said he wants to try again.

Yeah, but not as a stand-alone airline. With Delta (they would never use us again) and United capped out, whose colors would we fly under....

NovemberBravo
10-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Yeah, but not as a stand-alone airline. With Delta (they would never use us again) and United capped out, whose colors would we fly under....

Could be AA JO and Dougie are friends... btw Iím not serious but itís slightly possible.

No Land 3
10-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Could be AA JO and Dougie are friends... btw Iím not serious but itís slightly possible.

Should buy a bunch of 200 freighters. Cargo right now is like boiling Blue Fish, throw anything in with a hook, will catch something.

pilotnmech
10-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Funny you should say that.

AKwarts
10-03-2018, 10:42 PM
JO told the new hire class a few weeks ago he was looking at getting into cargo. :D

No Land 3
10-03-2018, 11:01 PM
JO told the new hire class a few weeks ago he was looking at getting into cargo. :D
Of course I wouldn't want to work for a Frank Lorenzo henchman flying cargo...

chrisreedrules
10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
200s with the cargo door mod could be a real possibility. I know Ameriflight has been talking about just this for years.

FlyyGuyy
10-04-2018, 01:55 AM
200s with the cargo door mod could be a real possibility. I know Ameriflight has been talking about just this for years.

There are a Few already flying

20sx
10-04-2018, 05:38 AM
This would not be a good thing. Mesa is only good at supplying feed for the majors at a low cost. Everything else they have tried has failed. Our company doesn't have enough excess cash to waste in yet another bad investment.

NovemberBravo
10-04-2018, 06:05 AM
This would not be a good thing. Mesa is only good at supplying feed for the majors at a low cost. Everything else they have tried has failed. Our company doesn't have enough excess cash to waste in yet another bad investment.

JO is really good at blowing Mesas excess cash. Some scheme is coming.

20sx
10-04-2018, 01:52 PM
I agree, I just wish it wasnít so.

Thunder Pig
10-09-2018, 07:36 PM

Is losing IAD as a domicile a legitimate concern? Iím considering Mesa for the ďguaranteedĒ IAD base out of training. From reading other threads, there was talk of IAD becoming a 175 base. If IAD remains, which airframe would give you the best shot at getting IAD?

20sx
10-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Is losing IAD as a domicile a legitimate concern? Iím considering Mesa for the ďguaranteedĒ IAD base out of training. From reading other threads, there was talk of IAD becoming a 175 base. If IAD remains, which airframe would give you the best shot at getting IAD?

We should know in the next month or two (hopefully sooner) if the crj700s are getting renewed. If they do, IAD will stay a 700 base. Thereís always talk of it being an ejet base, but still hasnít happened yet...

calmwinds
10-10-2018, 07:48 AM

16 of our CRJ700ís are up for renewal next year. 4 more in 2020. So, no one can say Mesaís CRJ700ís are going to be under United colors in 2020 ó- except a signed CPA.

If United replaces the oldest 25 CRJ700ís in their fleet with the new Ejets, then Mesa loses 15 and GoJet loses 10.

If United is wanting to narrow their number of regionals, then GoJet loses all 25. Our Ejet contracts, particularly on the ones we own, have long term CPAís ó- so we arenít going anywhere in terms of flying United colors.

I donít think that anyone knows Unitedís strategy on who will lose their CRJ700ís in 2019. However, GoJet is awfully quiet and seem to be hunkering down for bad news.

On the other hand, we do have the United CPP and are about to send them some of our finest senior captains. GoJet does not have a United CPP program.

If Mesaís management was smart and it isnít our CRJ700ís leaving, Mesa would offer to buy 20 E175SCís to replace our CRJ700ís for United. It is clear that United is moving away from the CRJ700 whereever they can. The only CRJ700ís under long term contract are SkyWestís Aspen CRJ700ís.