Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Aircraft Type Freezes?

Huntercole
09-30-2018, 07:07 PM
If a new hire is awarded the ERJ and trained, how long are they aircraft locked on ERJ? (i.e. able to bid FO or Captain on CRJ):)

Thanks

ajaf1656
10-01-2018, 12:45 AM
I think the seat lock is 1 year, but you can bid anytime and the company can award it based on their need.

majorpilot
10-01-2018, 07:01 AM
If a new hire is awarded the ERJ and trained, how long are they aircraft locked on ERJ? (i.e. able to bid FO or Captain on CRJ):)

Thanks

Two years told to incoming new hires in September, but is at Company’s discretion.

ajaf1656
10-01-2018, 01:12 PM
For what it's worth, I transitioned from CRJ to ERJ less than a year after completing IOE on the CRJ. I never even went to CQ on the CRJ, I went straight to transition class. There were also 2 transitions junior to me in my class. I don't think that is the norm, but if you want to transition have your bid in.

Skyhawk121
10-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Technically new hire seat lock is two years, but they won't stop you from upgrading. Seat lock is for transition between aircraft types.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1