Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : M&H Uniforms

Floobs
10-01-2018, 10:49 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Worst uniform in the world in the history of uniforms. It's like they figured out a way to make everything fit the worst way possible.

LIOG41
10-02-2018, 02:15 AM
You have got to be kidding me. Worst uniform in the world in the history of uniforms. It's like they figured out a way to make everything fit the worst way possible.
Agreed. Cheap material, looks like crap. Iíve migrated to using a cut above stuff.

jcountry
10-02-2018, 04:20 AM
Disagree.

Twin hill was made of toilet tissue.

Name User
10-02-2018, 05:56 AM
Yep, most guys just wear the TH. It looks similar. There is a thread in the regional forum about it too.

Just look at the replacement costs...pants are $85(?) I think?

450knotOffice
10-02-2018, 08:09 AM
The TH pants fit (me) much better than the M&H pants. As per always, I have to bring my jacket in to a good tailor, though (procrastinating).

M&H did a better job with stripe placement than TH, for sure.

The TH shirts were awful. I threw them out (and Iíd NEVER done such a thing). The M&H shirts are much better, but the slots for the wing pins are still spaced too close.

Floobs
10-02-2018, 10:50 AM
I'll just gonna keep wearing what I own.

EMBFlyer
10-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Yep, most guys just wear the TH. It looks similar. There is a thread in the regional forum about it too.

Just look at the replacement costs...pants are $85(?) I think?

I'll just gonna keep wearing what I own.

That's wonderful and all, except that it won't be approved anymore. M&H will be the ONLY approved uniform after the first of the year.

You can say I'm a moron, I'm crazy or whatever, but there are people out there who have had reactions to the TH uniform and continue to do so when they're around it. Please stop wearing the TH uniform.

Floobs
10-02-2018, 01:08 PM
That's wonderful and all, except that it won't be approved anymore. M&H will be the ONLY approved uniform after the first of the year.

You can say I'm a moron, I'm crazy or whatever, but there are people out there who have had reactions to the TH uniform and continue to do so when they're around it. Please stop wearing the TH uniform.

Lots of stuff isn't approved but that doesn't stop anyone from going to cut above or Kohl's, ect.

EMBFlyer
10-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Lots of stuff isn't approved but that doesn't stop anyone from going to cut above or Kohl's, ect.

Just please stop wearing the TH uniform. How f*&^ing hard is it?

Paperboi
10-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Hard when m and h doesnt fit.

Just please stop wearing the TH uniform. How f*&^ing hard is it?

EMBFlyer
10-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Hard when m and h doesnt fit.

Call them and get a difference size. Quick turnaround, excellent customer service.

FlyyGuyy
10-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Call them and get a difference size. Quick turnaround, excellent customer service.

At least 6 months and counting waiting on it. Then off to the tailor if it fits when it finally shows up. Might be a year from time of ordering.

Not looking forward to it. The old m and h we had was garbage but apparently these are even worse. I've heard the buttons on the jacket are just plain plastic. Oh well.

MCOpilot
10-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Just sew the buttons from the TH blazer jacket onto the M&H, done.

Saabs
10-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Why are people wearing TH when itís proven it irritates some of our coworkers skin? Are they ignorant or just hate our own pilot group?

cactusmike
10-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Why are people wearing TH when itís proven it irritates some of our coworkers skin? Are they ignorant or just hate our own pilot group?

Iím one of the people affected by the toxic uniforms. Had to throw my TH uniform out, which was a shame because it did fit better than the M and H uniform. Pants are the worst fitting.

EMBFlyer
10-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Just sew the buttons from the TH blazer jacket onto the M&H, done.

That's exactly what I did.

EMBFlyer
10-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Because it'd a G*d damn fashion show. "It's all about me!" "I didn't have a reaction, so there's no such thing as reactions!" "Proximate reactions are BS and don't exist!"

Name User
10-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Why are people wearing TH when it’s proven it irritates some of our coworkers skin? Are they ignorant or just hate our own pilot group?

That was all a song and dance by the inept APFA. Their own testing concluded it met Oeko Tex 100 standards as does the M&H and Lands End. There was nothing "toxic" in those pieces outside industry norms and what you are feeling in the current uniform pieces.

As for the "reactions", that vast majority were due to the wool content which is why alternatives were made. Out of 80,000 employees some are bound to have some issues. People are allergic to all sorts of things, that doesn't make them "toxic".

The TH-Alaska Airlines lawsuit was thrown out after being repeatedly debunked in all sorts of testing.

mainlineAF
10-02-2018, 08:23 PM
That was all a song and dance by the inept APFA. Their own testing concluded it met Oeko Tex 100 standards as does the M&H and Lands End. There was nothing "toxic" in those pieces outside industry norms and what you are feeling in the current uniform pieces.

As for the "reactions", that vast majority were due to the wool content which is why alternatives were made. Out of 80,000 employees some are bound to have some issues. People are allergic to all sorts of things, that doesn't make them "toxic".

The TH-Alaska Airlines lawsuit was thrown out after being repeatedly debunked in all sorts of testing.

Iím shocked the company gave in and got a new uniform vendor after all the testing.

Saabs
10-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Because it'd a G*d damn fashion show. "It's all about me!" "I didn't have a reaction, so there's no such thing as reactions!" "Proximate reactions are BS and don't exist!"

This is why we canít have nice things. To everyone here that wears TH youíre a moron.

10-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Iím wearing a combination of TH pants and MH blazer. The MH pants were too small, but Iíve outgrown my TH blazer. Color is very similar

Name User
10-03-2018, 04:45 AM
This is why we canít have nice things. To everyone here that wears TH youíre a moron.

The reason we can't have nice things is because people refuse to look at facts and instead concoct this crazy conspiracy that TH is "poisoning" them. If TH is toxic so is M&H and Lands End. They all have met and passed the same tough standards even in random tests done by the APFA.

The M&H stuff is absolute crap unless your BMI is above 28. Then it "fits". Quality is still low end though.

LIOG41
10-03-2018, 04:50 AM
The shirts are garbage...they fit like youíre wearing a big dogs clothing line. The pants are like wearing a heavy blanket and Look sloppy. Only decent thing that feels right is the blazer. Cut above here I come.

LIOG41
10-03-2018, 04:50 AM
The reason we can't have nice things is because people refuse to look at facts and instead concoct this crazy conspiracy that TH is "poisoning" them. If TH is toxic so is M&H and Lands End. They all have met and passed the same tough standards even in random tests done by the APFA.

The M&H stuff is absolute crap unless your BMI is above 28. Then it "fits". Quality is still low end though.

Exactly. Hence the reason I continue to say they look sloppy.

Name User
10-03-2018, 04:56 AM
I tailored the M&H pants at my own cost. $15 per pant and the legs were brought in. Looks OK now. But that makes them $100 pants if I were to have to replace them. I'm sorry but that is just outrageous to ask employees to spend that sort of money on their uniform. And that still doesn't address the lower end look and quality of the uniform itself.

wiz5422
10-03-2018, 05:01 AM

still POS material and fit. doesn't solve the issue for those that have no issue with TH and love the fit of TH.

mainlineAF
10-03-2018, 05:21 AM

[emoji23][emoji23]

Saabs
10-03-2018, 05:56 AM

What are you even talking about? What reports have you heard from MH uniforms and reactions? TH only. Donít be an idiot.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 06:25 AM

And your degree in Chemical Engineering is from....

I wear plenty of wool things and have NEVER had a reaction like I had from TH. I'm not a flight attendant. I can vouch I had reactions.

Can you explain, oh great one in the yoga pants, why I have respiratory issues when flying with someone wearing TH and that mysteriously go away when I'm away from them in my hotel room or at home?

You like stretchy girl pants. I get it. You don't need to try so hard.

Oh, and I love your bias against fat people.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 06:27 AM

Name User is a chemical expert (still waiting to find out his degree and training background). I never knew I believed a flight attendant and that this is all in my head, despite the fact I've worn wool clothes all my life and never had a reaction like I had to TH.

Regionalsuck
10-03-2018, 06:46 AM
MH is trash and doesnít fit anyone other than the obese. Almost everyone else is happy with TH. It fits, better quality and causes no issue to the vast majority. The company has caused the issue of everyone wearing a mix of TH, Kohls, Cut Above etc by changing to the cheapest crap possible with a generic garbage man jumpsuit fit. Nobody wants to wear that trash because they already have ordered stuff that fits well, is made well, the color is close enough and nobody buys the argument that their washed/laundered pants are giving someone else a melt down 5í away. If that was the case you couldnít even be out in the general public in the masses of chinese chemical produced crap everyone around you wears. Do the passengers in your recurlating air tube have to wear MH too? What if they are allergic to ďthatĒ material? Maybe pollen is high that day, maybe someone has a down coat. Could be a million different things causing your snivels. Take an allergy pill?

I get that you may not be able to wear it, so donít. I get a rash from oil in Steve Madden leather shoes. Everytime. So i just stopped wearing them. Problem solved. Not trying to tell hundreds of crewmembers or my wife they have to not wear Steve Madden anymore. Lol.

Saabs
10-03-2018, 07:11 AM
The fact that people donít listen to their own union about not wearing TH as other pilots and flight attendants are having reactions to them is mind blowing. You donít like how you look in MH? Maybe yíall shoulda been a model or something. Thatís ridiculous. They even pay to get them altered for you.

aa73
10-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Good Lord. And we expect an industry leading contract??

Some of you guys really need a new hobby.

Iím 100% M&H. Not my favorite material and fit, but I had the pants and shirts tailored to my own fit. Looks and feels fine. Life goes on.

Name User
10-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Name User is a chemical expert (still waiting to find out his degree and training background). I never knew I believed a flight attendant and that this is all in my head, despite the fact I've worn wool clothes all my life and never had a reaction like I had to TH.

Why would I need to be a chemical expert to read the results of the APFA tests? The experts are the ones who conduct the tests. This stuff isn't hard guys.

TH has the same levels (or less) of the "toxins" that the other suppliers will have. They all meet the same strict Okeo standards and in the case of TH those were random articles pulled from th APFA ranks from people that had these "reactions", not just stuff that was tested by TH. The lawsuit will get thrown out just like the Alaska one did.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Why would I need to be a chemical expert to read the results of the APFA tests? The experts are the ones who conduct the tests. This stuff isn't hard guys.

TH has the same levels (or less) of the "toxins" that the other suppliers will have. They all meet the same strict Okeo standards and in the case of TH those were random articles pulled from th APFA ranks from people that had these "reactions", not just stuff that was tested by TH. The lawsuit will get thrown out just like the Alaska one did.

Cool story bro.

wiz5422
10-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Cool story bro.

the toxins must be getting to you.

wiz5422
10-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Good Lord. And we expect an industry leading contract??

Some of you guys really need a new hobby.

I’m 100% M&H. Not my favorite material and fit, but I had the pants and shirts tailored to my own fit. Looks and feels fine. Life goes on.

We shouldn't have to have major alterations done to every piece to make it fit comfortably or look half way decent.

Just like life...we have to cater and please the small minority who complain the loudest while we disregard the majorities views and opinions.

aa73
10-03-2018, 08:39 AM
We shouldn't have to have major alterations done to every piece to make it fit comfortably or look half way decent.

Just like life...we have to cater and please the small minority who complain the loudest while we disregard the majorities views and opinions.

First, they werenít major alterations. Second, Iíve always made alterations with every uniform Iíve ever had, even the non problematic ones in the past.. but then again, I always spend some extra $$$ to ensure a quality look and fit.

My point is that weíre arguing about small potatoes. If the company says to wear M&H, wear M&H instead of doing our own thing. Watch some of our peers walking through the terminals.. remarkable, really, how all delta and united pilots look very consistent and professional. And United has had uniform issues recently too.. you donít see them all mis matched.

Take pride in how we look.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 09:18 AM
First, they werenít major alterations. Second, Iíve always made alterations with every uniform Iíve ever had, even the non problematic ones in the past.. but then again, I always spend some extra $$$ to ensure a quality look and fit.

My point is that weíre arguing about small potatoes. If the company says to wear M&H, wear M&H instead of doing our own thing. Watch some of our peers walking through the terminals.. remarkable, really, how all delta and united pilots look very consistent and professional. And United has had uniform issues recently too.. you donít see them all mis matched.

Take pride in how we look.

We can't do that! We have to be rebellious! That's what the cool kids do! Look at us rebels in our yoga pants!

Cheddar
10-03-2018, 09:23 AM

Whatevs man, I guess I was crazy too. Three months of wearing TH and was sick all the time with respiratory issues. Went to the doctor and didnít have anything that was apparently causing it (pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.) except for the fact that I was having horrible symptoms.

I threw everything in a bag and threw it in the attic and Iíve been fine since except seasonal allergies. When I talked to the APA, I was told that certain batches of TH fabric had been sitting for awhile awaiting cut/tailoring and was sprayed with pesticides and rat poison.

This would explain why only some of us were affected and not everyone, and why when tested, the fabric is ďfine.Ē

I have a wool sweater from TH that I love and have worn most cooler days when I didnít have a jacket except for the old leather one.

Btw, the TH uniforms were far superior IMHO than the M&H garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheddar
10-03-2018, 09:24 AM
BTW - WE HAD THE OPTION OF BROOKS BROTHERS!!! Ugh, yes I yelled on the interwebs... WTF APA?!?

450knotOffice
10-03-2018, 09:24 AM
The color differences between the two suppliers are so minuscule, that the only way most of us would see a mismatch is if someone were to wear pants from one supplier and a jacket from the other.

I agree. Itís small potatoes, really. A small minority are making a big deal about this.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 09:57 AM
I just sent the Chairman of the Uniform Committee an e-mail. I'll see if I get a response.

nAAtive
10-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Worst thread ever. Itís not a big deal to get things altered. We arenít all shaped the same.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Worst thread ever. Itís not a big deal to get things altered. We arenít all shaped the same.

Impossible! No, if you don't like the TwinHill uniform, you're not only crazy and faking the reactions, but you're also a fatass.

Al Czervik
10-03-2018, 12:01 PM
I just sent the Chairman of the Uniform Committee an e-mail. I'll see if I get a response.

Bout what dude?

450knotOffice
10-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Bout what dude?

Haha, right?!

This is like ďIím telling mom on you! Youíre gonna be in big trouble!Ē, as he sticks his tongue out at us.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Bout what dude?

To see if there's a new option coming for the pilots. You know, so we can be plastered all over Jetnet with new uniform designs.

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Haha, right?!

This is like ďIím telling mom on you! Youíre gonna be in big trouble!Ē, as he sticks his tongue out at us.

Yeah. No.

mainlineAF
10-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Lol @ all of this

Floobs
10-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Some of you guys need to head over to the "Toxic Culture" thread.

Name User
10-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Bout what dude?

He wants a new color option so that those of us wanting to wear the TH won't be able to.

Yay for going back to the 1970's "aviation blue"!

Al Czervik
10-03-2018, 06:25 PM
To see if there's a new option coming for the pilots. You know, so we can be plastered all over Jetnet with new uniform designs.

This whole situation is screwed up. TW has its problems and M&H sucks. We may be left holding the bag.

Al Czervik
10-03-2018, 06:27 PM

Pilot X
10-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Iím glad I finally have someone on the list with me! :D

EMBFlyer
10-03-2018, 07:52 PM
This whole situation is screwed up. TW has its problems and M&H sucks. We may be left holding the bag.

Sadly, this is probably the most correct statement of this entire thread.

Route66
10-04-2018, 03:24 AM

Hey, I know: why donít you guys get your own material in China, have it custom tailored in Japan, buy a breitling watch in Switzerland, and show us all how itís done. Youíre making the big bucks now.

Al Czervik
10-04-2018, 04:38 AM
Hey, I know: why donít you guys get your own material in China, have it custom tailored in Japan, buy a breitling watch in Switzerland, and show us all how itís done. Youíre making the big bucks now.

Why put me on blast 66? Iíve told you your black New Balance sneakers look good with your uniform.

beechjetdriver
10-05-2018, 11:46 AM
There is a crew news on October 17. That might be a good place to voice your displeasure of the new uniform or ask about a possible second uniform option (in addition to M&H). Emailed questions must be submitted by October 12.

Arado 234
10-05-2018, 12:27 PM

No! You need to monitor guard on the ground, Sir!

Ijustlikeflying
10-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Worst uniform ever. Looks like complete crap. I could write a paragraph about the Walmart style belt alone...

I could put a basketball through the shirt sleeves. All the people on here defending m&h, what kind of alterations can I get done with my gaping sleeves? Not to mention the shirt feels like it was made out of a nice brand of toilet paper.

This is what the worlds largest airline gets? Looks like hell.

Pants and shirt both look like they were designed, mapped and measured out by a 10year old aspiring fashion designer.

Cheddar
10-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Itís just embarrassing... this uniform is like wearing plastic wrapped in burlap. WTF.

aa73
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Worst uniform ever. Looks like complete crap. I could write a paragraph about the Walmart style belt alone...

I could put a basketball through the shirt sleeves. All the people on here defending m&h, what kind of alterations can I get done with my gaping sleeves? Not to mention the shirt feels like it was made out of a nice brand of toilet paper.

This is what the worlds largest airline gets? Looks like hell.

Pants and shirt both look like they were designed, mapped and measured out by a 10year old aspiring fashion designer.

Simple, I had the sleeves taken in a bit. I also had the shirts tapered. No more big sleeves and no more parachute look.

Itís not rocket science. Spend a little $$$ and take pride in how you look. Or donít, and complain about it.

Bob Loblaw
10-08-2018, 11:34 AM
I had the sleeves let out, so I can look like a pirate.

sherpster
10-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Maybe just sewn our own shirts from scratch

Cheddar
10-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Itís hard to get the local alteration shop to work with plastic coated in burlap.

Again, we had Brooks Bros as a choice, and we end up with the temp choice because...

???

I know this is a trivial thing to most, but itís analogous of our expectations and reality with the AA experience. We should expect more from the ďgoing for greatĒ airline.

FlyyGuyy
10-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Itís hard to get the local alteration shop to work with plastic coated in burlap.

Again, we had Brooks Bros as a choice, and we end up with the temp choice because...

???

I know this is a trivial thing to most, but itís analogous of our expectations and reality with the AA experience. We should expect more from the ďgoing for greatĒ airline.

going for somewhere around average at best hashtag.

flysooner9
10-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Has anyone bought the M&H pull over sweater? Is it as bad as the rest of the uniform?

Smutter
10-09-2018, 11:32 AM
What are you even talking about? What reports have you heard from MH uniforms and reactions? TH only. Donít be an idiot.

You seem like a little millenia *****

Thedude
10-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Ever thought they by the cheapest $hit available because they know a lot of us will get irritated/agitated and will by better stuff?

Blueyawnder
10-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Bring back the leather jacket! ;)

ItnStln
10-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Iím curious, which airlines still has the leather jacket?

Wink
10-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Has anyone bought the M&H pull over sweater? Is it as bad as the rest of the uniform?

I bought it. They said they'd ship it in 4 days and 4 weeks later I still had not received it or a shipping confirmation. I reached out to M&H and they didn't really say anything. Then about 2 weeks after that I got a random email saying the sweater is still getting some OEKO TEX certification ( no clue what that means), but I should expect it by the end of November.

FlyyGuyy
10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
I bought it. They said they'd ship it in 4 days and 4 weeks later I still had not received it or a shipping confirmation. I reached out to M&H and they didn't really say anything. Then about 2 weeks after that I got a random email saying the sweater is still getting some OEKO TEX certification ( no clue what that means), but I should expect it by the end of November.

its the same cert. that twin hill had to pass. and did pass. so essentially you might get cancer from that too.

BigZ
10-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Iím curious, which airlines still has the leather jacket?

Of the AAG only Envoy still gets to replace blazer with a leather jacket, thanks to having that in the contract (for now, at least).

United - widely discussed in their "m&h sucks" threads of 2-4 years ago.

ItnStln
10-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Of the AAG only Envoy still gets to replace blazer with a leather jacket, thanks to having that in the contract (for now, at least).

United - widely discussed in their "m&h sucks" threads of 2-4 years ago.

Thanks! I wasnít aware so few airlines still had the leather jacket.

BigZ
10-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I wasnít aware so few airlines still had the leather jacket.

That was just a couple
FedEx, Spirit do.
Southwest still has leather jacket as well as Karbon synthetic (one of those either hate it or love it deals)
https://karbon.myshopify.com/products/aviator-jacket

Name User
10-17-2018, 04:19 AM
That was just a couple
FedEx, Spirit do.
Southwest still has leather jacket as well as Karbon synthetic (one of those either hate it or love it deals)

AA got rid of the leather jacket because they wanted to upgrade their imagine.

I'm sorry but I don't believe Spirit and Southwest are our peers here. And FedEx doesn't fly people, so irrelevant.

Does Delta have a leather jacket?

BigZ
10-17-2018, 05:08 AM

I'm sorry but I don't believe Spirit and Southwest are our peers here. And FedEx doesn't fly people, so irrelevant.

And I happily wore the TH allwx coat as it was a great piece of clothing. New wool coat - ehhh, not so much.

Delta doesn't, but United does. Couple of different ones too - M&H and G&B they carried over from the previous uniform.

flydc
10-17-2018, 05:34 AM
That was just a couple
FedEx, Spirit do.

ohhh this is nice!

chrisreedrules
10-17-2018, 07:51 AM

You canít possibly think that the trash bag-esque all-weather jacket and the hideous trench coat are any more professional than a leather jacket?

Cheap materials and cheap clothes look cheap. Iíd be all for a nice coat or leather jacket of some kind as long as it didnít fit and look like crap.

chrisreedrules
10-17-2018, 07:53 AM
ohhh this is nice!

Agreed... I like the look of that.

Cheddar
10-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Ahhhhhhhahahahahaha, ok. Thatís why we ďchoseĒ M&H plastic lined burlap over Brooks Bros.

Uh-huh.

Look, Iím all for a Ďgreatí professional image, but M&H ainít it. And you can have a good looking leather jacket that doesnít scream ďI got my gang colors from the Honda Mild OnesĒ - or even the SWA option for an all weather coat...

Iím a minimalist and donít want to take over coats and trench coats AND a jacket with me every trip because I have no idea where I get reassigned. Iím not wearing uniform items when Iím on my layover either, so Iíd like some room in my suitcase for real clothes.

The FAís have ensemble items for outer wear why donít we? They are in front of the pax wAAy more than we are.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 10:28 AM
That was just a couple
FedEx, Spirit do.
Thanks! I havenít seen a leather jacket at an airport in a while so thatís why I asked. The Karbon doesnít look bad in the pictures but I can see why some hate it.

A330FoodCritic
10-17-2018, 10:28 AM

As they squeeze folks in dat 737 MAX lav :D:D:D

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 10:30 AM

I think the leather jacket goes great with the pilot image. But I did grow up around the Air Force where every pilot wore a leather jacket so my thinking might be skewed.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 10:31 AM
ohhh this is nice!

It doesnít look bad in the pictures.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 10:32 AM
You canít possibly think that the trash bag-esque all-weather jacket and the hideous trench coat are any more professional than a leather jacket?

Cheap materials and cheap clothes look cheap. Iíd be all for a nice coat or leather jacket of some kind as long as it didnít fit and look like crap.

This! In my opinion, a leather jacket that fits nice looks professional.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 10:33 AM
As they squeeze folks in dat 737 MAX lav :D:D:D

I know right

BigZ
10-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Thanks! I havenít seen a leather jacket at an airport in a while so thatís why I asked. The Karbon doesnít look bad in the pictures but I can see why some hate it.
I haven't either, but then it was summertime up until recently.
Now with the cold months upon us there is plenty of pilots in leather jackets in ORD

Name User
10-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Ahhhhhhhahahahahaha, ok. Thatís why we ďchoseĒ M&H plastic lined burlap over Brooks Bros.

Uh-huh.

Look, Iím all for a Ďgreatí professional image, but M&H ainít it. And you can have a good looking leather jacket that doesnít scream ďI got my gang colors from the Honda Mild OnesĒ - or even the SWA option for an all weather coat...

Iím a minimalist and donít want to take over coats and trench coats AND a jacket with me every trip because I have no idea where I get reassigned. Iím not wearing uniform items when Iím on my layover either, so Iíd like some room in my suitcase for real clothes.

The FAís have ensemble items for outer wear why donít we? They are in front of the pax wAAy more than we are.

The company didn't want the trash M&H. They choose twin hill. The unions freaked out and went ballistic over clothing that to their own admission met the Okeo standard that M&H and Lands End will supposedly meet too.

Name User
10-17-2018, 11:08 AM

I think the twin hill jackets, especially the overcoat/trenchoat, are higher end.

The leather jacket they had was really nice too but the vast majority of overweight guys made fun of it calling it "metrosexual".

Name User
10-17-2018, 11:10 AM
I think the leather jacket goes great with the pilot image. But I did grow up around the Air Force where every pilot wore a leather jacket so my thinking might be skewed.

Does your paycheck say American or DoD? Do we wear flight suits too?

Yes your thinking is skewed.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 11:16 AM
I haven't either, but then it was summertime up until recently.
Now with the cold months upon us there is plenty of pilots in leather jackets in ORD

Thatís true. Iím sure a jacket is a necessity in ORD!

mainlineAF
I think the twin hill jackets, especially the overcoat/trenchoat, are higher end.

The leather jacket they had was really nice too but the vast majority of overweight guys made fun of it calling it "metrosexual".

That motorcycle jacket was sweet. Too bad all the fats were jealous they wouldnít be able to wear it [emoji23]

ItnStln
Does your paycheck say American or DoD? Do we wear flight suits too?

Yes your thinking is skewed.

My paycheck says neither American or DoD.

Cheddar
10-17-2018, 12:10 PM
That motorcycle jacket was sweet. Too bad all the fats were jealous they wouldnít be able to wear it [emoji23]

It was pleather and was never approved for use after the trial.

Name User
10-17-2018, 12:27 PM
My paycheck says neither American or DoD.

Then why do you care so much what our uniform is?

Name User
10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
It was pleather and was never approved for use after the trial.

Yes I know, I wore it...

I couldn't tell if it was pleather or not. Either way it was nice.

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Then why do you care so much what our uniform is?

You made an incorrect assumption that I care what your uniform is.

Name User
10-17-2018, 04:36 PM
You made an incorrect assumption that I care what your uniform is.

You're absolutely right, I assumed someone posting on our board on a thread about the uniform was an AA guy.

11-29-2017:

I will be starting a flight training program at a local community college next year

So you're not even a pilot let alone an airline guy. Nice! You sound like a shoe in for a WO to secure that no-interview flow!

ItnStln
10-17-2018, 04:38 PM
You're absolutely right, I assumed someone posting on our board on a thread about the uniform was an AA guy.

11-29-2017:

So you're not even a pilot let alone an airline guy. Nice! You sound like a shoe in for a WO!

Can you point me to the rule that says one must be an AA guy to post in this section? I must have overlooked it when I read the rules here and I would hate to break rules.
Whatís so bad about a WO?

thrust
10-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Can you point me to the rule that says one must be an AA guy to post in this section? I must have overlooked it when I read the rules here and I would hate to break rules.
Whatís so bad about a WO?

What happened to your other handles, Scoobs/Gilligan13?

ItnStln
10-18-2018, 12:11 PM

I use this handle on all of the forums I participate in, but thanks for the personal attack!

badflaps
10-18-2018, 01:01 PM
I have been watching him, he is just interested in the goings on in the airline biz. He is very careful not to step on toes. Play nice, let him use the shovel.:D

Retractable
10-18-2018, 02:16 PM

Bring back the leather pants!!

BigZ
10-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Bring back the leather pants!!

And fur boots!

ItnStln
10-19-2018, 07:15 AM
I have been watching him, he is just interested in the goings on in the airline biz. He is very careful not to step on toes. Play nice, let him use the shovel.:D

I am unsure if your watching me is a good thing or not, but nonetheless thanks! I am interested in "the goings on in the airline biz" as I am working on getting into the airlines. As with any choice I make I research the ****** out of it before I make a decision. I did that with my last two car purchases and before I purchased my first gun. The best resource I have found are forums as they are actual "users" and not just a review. Sadly the gun forums got me into firearms which led to more than one purchase! I try not to step on toes and in all seriousness if non-pilots are not allowed here let me know and I will leave as I don't want to be unwelcome. As for the shovel I am perfectly capable of falling on my sword.

Blueyawnder
10-23-2018, 10:49 AM

Yeah, the guys that complained about the leather jacket are the same guys that look horrible in the blazer anyways. If you think a over weight pilot looks bad in a leather jacket you should see them in the sweater or a trench coat. I hope thereís someone in management pushing a leather option. That middle school pea coat m/h is offering isnít going to cut it.

Al Czervik
10-23-2018, 11:45 AM
I try not to step on toes.

Not doing very well.

R57 relay
10-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Yeah, the guys that complained about the leather jacket are the same guys that look horrible in the blazer anyways. If you think a over weight pilot looks bad in a leather jacket you should see them in the sweater or a trench coat. I hope there’s someone in management pushing a leather option. That middle school pea coat m/h is offering isn’t going to cut it.

The leather jacket looked like crap on 99.99% of LUS pilots. I knew one guy that it looked good on, and not a man crush, but he looked good in anything else. Most guys looked like they were wearing their granddad's jacket. And for those that said" I can wear it on an overnight and fit right in...", wrong.

Oh, and he did't wear the epaulets on it.

Al Czervik
10-23-2018, 04:22 PM
The leather jacket looked like crap on 99.99% of LUS pilots. I knew one guy that it looked good on, and not a man crush, but he looked good in anything else. Most guys looked like they were wearing their granddad's jacket. And for those that said" I can wear it on an overnight and fit right in...", wrong.

Oh, and he did't wear the epaulets on it.

Lol... total man crush.

R57 relay
10-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Lol... total man crush.

Well...ahole was nice and a great pilot too. Just retired at 65 and looks younger than me. Actually, hate him. :D

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1