Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATSG to Acquire Omni Air

Airplaneflyer11
10-02-2018, 05:34 AM
Welcome to the show Omni. Our management team is second to none.

"Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Omni Air International LLC (Omni Air), a passenger ACMI and charter services provider with significant experience serving U.S. and allied foreign governments and commercial customers, for $845 million, subject to customary adjustments. The company did not assume any debt in connection with the acquisition."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005575/en/Air-Transport-Services-Group-Acquire-Omni-Air

Airplaneflyer11
10-02-2018, 05:38 AM
Makes sense why our fearless leader and President gave up so early on baiting us for concessions with 777's and of course the complete lack of interest in getting a contract done. I'm sure I can go on and on...

FlyAstarJets
10-02-2018, 05:51 AM
With a nod to ELP

“Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...”

You guys supply the next verse that most aptly applies.:D

Moonbeam
10-02-2018, 07:11 AM
With a nod to ELP

“in a glaze of Vaseline”

nitefr8dog
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the show Omni. Our management team is second to none.

"Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Omni Air International LLC (Omni Air), a passenger ACMI and charter services provider with significant experience serving U.S. and allied foreign governments and commercial customers, for $845 million, subject to customary adjustments. The company did not assume any debt in connection with the acquisition."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005575/en/Air-Transport-Services-Group-Acquire-Omni-Air
Poor bastards....lets see how bad they can dick them up.

motorclutch
10-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Best s.h.i.t show in a long time.

Hetman
10-02-2018, 08:17 AM
With a nod to ELP

"seven virgins and a mule (?)"

LNL76
10-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Our crapp show will join your crapp show!

I can't find how many 75 combis you have AND FAs employed there.

Bungalow
10-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Looks like this is the last nail in the ABX coffin.

nitefr8dog
10-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Now Hete will tell you guys your contract is to expensive and if you are unwilling to accept immediate pay cuts....they will be forced to move the 777's to ATI.

FlyAstarJets
10-02-2018, 09:37 AM

The pax operation is on the ATI side of the house.

We have 4 combi's and I think 35 or so FA's plus some management.

But it sounds like your management is saying Omni will be operated as a stand alone subsidy.

Hope this helps.

nitefr8dog
10-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Well...1 more airline under the umbrella when the furloughs start..just saying

motorclutch
10-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I’m waiting for Soapys announcement of transferring ABX jets to Omni to fly freight for the DHL system. Poor mouthing and threats won’t get any labor peace.....except at ATI.

LNL76
10-02-2018, 11:26 AM
The pax operation is on the ATI side of the house.

We have 4 combi's and I think 35 or so FA's plus some management.

But it sounds like your management is saying Omni will be operated as a stand alone subsidy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!

Almost There
10-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Looks like jh is setting up a 3Way whipsaw. ATI must be happy about it.

ELP- "right before your eyes, we pull laughter from the skies"

4runner
10-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Btw Teamsters leadership, get the war room ready for the impending battle. If you’re not talking to each other now now, about a game plan, you’re fired. Talk to your reps NOW! This is OH all over again.

MarkThyme
10-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Because we all know ATSG wants to run two airlines, and only two, but not ABX, so they had to buy another one before shutting ABX down.

JackStraw
10-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Btw Teamsters leadership, get the war room ready for the impending battle. If you’re not talking to each other now now, about a game plan, you’re fired. Talk to your reps NOW! This is OH all over again.

Hahaha you expect the top brass at the Teamsters airline division to be proactive? What they’re good at is delaying joint CBAs to keep that cash money flowing their direction.

Checkers21
10-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Things just went downhill for Omni...

Bungalow
10-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Because we all know ATSG wants to run two airlines, and only two, but not ABX, so they had to buy another one before shutting ABX down.

You figureded out. Now is just a matter of when. That is anyone’s guess.

Agcat25
10-02-2018, 05:34 PM
That really is very bad news. A lot of good people intend to finish out their flying careers at Omni. See ATA

jetlagging
10-02-2018, 11:02 PM
So let me get this straight. We now have three airlines telling all their employees, investors, and everyone else on God’s green earth that “THEY” are going to be flying ten 777Fs for DHL?

Let’s see, we got Southern, Kalitta, and now ATSG all saying the same thing. Something doesn’t smell right.

My feeling and first look is that somebody is going to get iced out big time. This is where big sharks eat the smaller sharks time.

Also noticed next week in San Diego there’s a cargo symposium taking place with a few very interesting speakers from ATSG and Atlas to name a few. Here’s the website. https://www.cargofactssymposium.com

The COO from ATSG opens up the conference on day one. Only $1158 standard registration to attend and someone here can go rub shoulders with the big wigs and get illuminated at a real life executive level pizza party, then report back to the rest of us peons here in APC forums what they said. Anyone want to volunteer?

No Land 3
10-03-2018, 01:19 AM
Speaking of Atlas, did they really purchase 60 737-800's?

Twin Wasp
10-03-2018, 03:00 AM
No.

Closer to 20 through Titan Leasing, another branch of AAWH. Going to Southern.

nitefr8dog
10-03-2018, 04:05 AM
That really is very bad news. A lot of good people intend to finish out their flying careers at Omni. See ATA
Yes...they have just taken a wrong turn down a dead end road.

nitefr8dog
10-03-2018, 04:07 AM
You figureded out. Now is just a matter of when. That is anyone’s guess.
The good news...now 2 airlines for the furloughed pilots to go to.

Jurassic Jet
10-03-2018, 04:42 AM
The good news...now 2 airlines for the furloughed pilots to go to.

And carry their longevity over with them. Damn pesky side letters.

nitefr8dog
10-03-2018, 05:38 AM
And carry their longevity over with them. Damn pesky side letters.
Correct! 12 yr FO pay on the 777 might be than our Captain pay on the 767

Jurassic Jet
10-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Correct! 12 yr FO pay on the 777 might be than our Captain pay on the 767

Not that good, but about a $10k raise for a maxed out FO and about 23k for a maxed CA.

jetlagging
10-03-2018, 06:59 AM
No.

Closer to 20 through Titan Leasing, another branch of AAWH. Going to Southern.

Where is that press release? I can’t find anything published on that. Seems like the way Atlas pumps themselves continuously this news would be splurged all over industry publications by now.

JackStraw
10-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Where is that press release? I can’t find anything published on that. Seems like the way Atlas pumps themselves continuously this news would be splurged all over industry publications by now.

Probably will be announced in a couple of months that southern is getting 20 737s for amazon. Probably why their union backstabbed Atlas’ union.

HeavyDriver
10-03-2018, 07:12 AM
Any word ABX or ATI have begun B777 type certification or pilot training yet? From this forum cadre Omni’s doors are closing soon and airplanes need to be flown.

nitefr8dog
10-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Any word ABX or ATI have begun B777 type certification or pilot training yet? From this forum cadre Omni’s doors are closing soon and airplanes need to be flown.
Probably a couple more days until the sim schedule is out....

WTFover
10-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Probably why their union backstabbed Atlas’ union.

Seriously!?! And how is that?

MentalMidget
10-03-2018, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=jetlagging;2684942]So let me get this straight. We now have three airlines telling all their employees, investors, and everyone else on God’s green earth that “THEY” are going to be flying ten 777Fs for DHL?

Not exactly a true statement. DHL will put the 777's they bought out to bid. anyone's guess where they go.

hope that helps

BoomerSooner
10-03-2018, 05:33 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/zti53a.jpg

jetlagging
10-03-2018, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=jetlagging;2684942]So let me get this straight. We now have three airlines telling all their employees, investors, and everyone else on God’s green earth that “THEY” are going to be flying ten 777Fs for DHL?

Not exactly a true statement. DHL will put the 777's they bought out to bid. anyone's guess where they go.

hope that helps

Your ip address probably florence ky or purchase ny.

News flash, only Southern Air is going to sit around and wait for DHL to spoon feed them a few airframes on a CMI. K4 and now ATSG are both proving to be far more aggressive than the incumbent 777 operator.

The sharks all smell blood.

Trolling speed!

MarkThyme
10-03-2018, 06:57 PM
From this forum cadre Omni’s doors are closing soon and airplanes need to be flown.

Yes, I'm sure ATSG paid $845 million in cash for an airline, in a deal that they say will be immediately accretive to earnings, just so they could shut it down.

No Land 3
10-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Your ip address probably florence ky or purchase ny.

News flash, only Southern Air is going to sit around and wait for DHL to spoon feed them a few airframes on a CMI. K4 and now ATSG are both proving to be far more aggressive than the incumbent 777 operator.

The sharks all smell blood.

Trolling speed!
Connie has a long history of buying his own airplanes and playing by his own rules. With or without DHL's new 777's, we are getting 777's.

jetlagging
10-04-2018, 03:50 AM
Connie has a long history of buying his own airplanes and playing by his own rules. With or without DHL's new 777's, we are getting 777's.

Yes, what was his nickname back in the day? The bounty hunter wasn’t it? I hope he lives long enough to get paid his bounty one more time. Hunt well my friend.

midnightshuttle
10-04-2018, 03:33 PM
I think Im going to stay here at ATI for life.

Its like watching a serious jacked reality show and you cant change the channel before someone is gonna get eaten by that alligator.

Its also nice to wonder how peeps get open time that was never posted as in ex CP

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1