Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Kalitta Passenger question

hydra
10-02-2018, 07:32 AM
I'll be jumpseating to Europe from CVG on a Kalitta 747-400. Does anyone know what the seating set up is? I have no idea.

Riverside
10-02-2018, 07:44 AM
I'll be jumpseating to Europe from CVG on a Kalitta 747-400. Does anyone know what the seating set up is? I have no idea.

Depends on the configuration of the plane.

hydra
10-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Depends on the configuration of the plane.

Do most have seats in the rear, as opposed to cockpit seating?

Riverside
10-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Do most have seats in the rear, as opposed to cockpit seating?
Yes, some have 8, others have 12. Without more information, I cant tell you which.

Twin Wasp
10-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Connie has a mix of factory freighters and converted pax planes. All of them have some seats aft of the flight deck.

hydra
10-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Connie has a mix of factory freighters and converted pax planes. All of them have some seats aft of the flight deck.

Thanks guys! That's good news :)

Does anyone know where bldg 6 at CVG is? Apparently that's where I need to report.

shroomwell
10-02-2018, 08:35 AM
Yes, some have 8, others have 12. Without more information, I cant tell you which.

12? Never seen any with that many.

crapper2
10-02-2018, 08:46 AM
12 total including the two observer seats. It can take a total of 12 souls the bcf. If your flying CVG-BRU/LEJ 90% of the time it will be on a bcf. Don't take the back row unless you want to Upset the mx. That is his domain

sky jet
10-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Does anyone know where bldg 6 at CVG is? Apparently that's where I need to report.

It's the DHL building off of the South Service road. Check in with security. They will check your ID and let you know what else to do. The crew shows about 2 hours before departure so if you're there a little before that you can ride out to the plane with them. A BCF (Boeing Converted Freighter) Which is a former pax aircraft has 2 cockpit jump seats and 8 approximately business class size/style seats. A purpose built freighter has 2 jump seats and 6 big seats in back. Have fun. Most of us love having jump seaters.

crapper2
10-02-2018, 08:52 AM

Middle of the field look for the big dhl building and glass windows. Bring your company ID and jump seat letter. Once inside past security turn right to the bus stop there will be a list on the door for all the flights and where they are parked let the bus driver know and he will take you there. Crew shows up 2hrs prior make sure you check in with the captain. Enjoy your ride

Diver Driver
10-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Building 6 is this building: http://https://www.google.com/maps/place/DHL+crew+facility,+Kentucky+41042/@39.0272715,-84.6568749,17z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8841c7623cc55eeb:0xd78bc 5eaea04478d (https://www.google.com/maps/place/DHL+crew+facility,+Kentucky+41042/@39.0272715,-84.6568749,17z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8841c7623cc55eeb:0xd78bc 5eaea04478d) There are signs at the parking lot that say “pilot drop off”, that’s where you need to go. Head inside, check in with security and ask around for either your crew or how to find out where the plane is.

Riverside
10-02-2018, 11:14 AM
12? Never seen any with that many.

Guess you haven't flown on a K4 plane then.

hydra
10-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Building 6 is this building: http://https://www.google.com/maps/place/DHL+crew+facility,+Kentucky+41042/@39.0272715,-84.6568749,17z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8841c7623cc55eeb:0xd78bc 5eaea04478d (https://www.google.com/maps/place/DHL+crew+facility,+Kentucky+41042/@39.0272715,-84.6568749,17z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8841c7623cc55eeb:0xd78bc 5eaea04478d) There are signs at the parking lot that say “pilot drop off”, that’s where you need to go. Head inside, check in with security and ask around for either your crew or how to find out where the plane is.

Thank you!
Thank you everyone for your advice. Now do you think I could talk Kalitta into delaying the flight to noon? :D

bogietrim
10-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Sorry for jumping into this thread, but seems better than starting a whole new one since I am seeking a little guidance regarding securing a jumpseat on K4.

I have looked at my union's information regarding K4, but it is really lacking. So, could I ask those in the know where I can view K4 schedules and how to begin the process of booking a seat?

I appreciate the help! Thanks!

EDIT: I just found some info here on the airline profiles. Should have looked there first!

bogietrim
10-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Does K4 fly ANC-CVG? I know Atlas/Polar does, but was wondering if K4 does as well. I have looked at the available schedules, but didn't see anything. However, the schedule I saw doesn't look like it is a complete list? Specifically looking for this Wednesday(10/3) afternoon or evening.

Thanks, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Twin Wasp
10-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Once inside past security turn right to the bus stop there will be a list on the door for all the flights and where they are parked let the bus driver know and he will take you there.

It's a left turn down a short hall to the door for the buses.

crapper2
10-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Does K4 fly ANC-CVG? I know Atlas/Polar does, but was wondering if K4 does as well. I have looked at the available schedules, but didn't see anything. However, the schedule I saw doesn't look like it is a complete list? Specifically looking for this Wednesday(10/3) afternoon or evening.

Thanks, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Not all our schedule is posted and it changes offen. You can always call the number on the website and ask for ops. Most likely an ops assistant will pick up the phone. You can ask them to look up a specific route / time but please don't abuse the system, that is not the purpose of their job but they will most likely try to help you if they can

hydra
10-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Not all our schedule is posted and it changes offen. You can always call the number on the website and ask for ops. Most likely an ops assistant will pick up the phone. You can ask them to look up a specific route / time but please don't abuse the system, that is not the purpose of their job but they will most likely try to help you if they can

I spoke with Evan in ops. He was very helpful with the process, as it was new to me.

sky jet
10-02-2018, 05:38 PM
I spoke with Evan in ops. He was very helpful with the process, as it was new to me.

Evan, as well as a few of our other OPS people are learning to fly and want to be airline pilots. They will most likely bend over backwards to help you.

bogietrim
10-02-2018, 10:22 PM

Great, thanks for the info. Yeah, I didn't want to call. I know I am asking a favor begging for a ride.

Stimpy the Kat
10-03-2018, 03:01 PM
You will have an excellent experience.

Get your Very Comfy Clothes ( Jammies ) ready when in Cruise and try not to eat too much of the plentiful food. ( Check this with the Crabby Bastard w/appropriate stripes )

In all seriousness you will have a nice Business Class seat on the Upper Deck, away from the Cargo loading, and food and drink are available for more Souls ( generally ) than are on the aircraft.

Just make sure to use Proper Etiquette and, Enjoy.

:)

Stimpson

dera
10-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Can you bring your own alcohol, or are you legally a "crewmember"?

orka
10-03-2018, 05:33 PM

unbelievable

East Aspen Dash
10-03-2018, 06:33 PM

Would you drink on the JS of a Delta flight?

Locke
10-03-2018, 06:41 PM

Just make sure you share it with the guys up front

Birdsmash
10-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Are you sure you are of legal age to even drink? Geeez!

dera
10-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Just make sure you share it with the guys up front

I was hoping this was the answer. Do most of you guys prefer Bourbon or Single Malt?

maxjet
10-04-2018, 07:58 AM
I was hoping this was the answer. Do most of you guys prefer Bourbon or Single Malt?

Not even the least bit appropriate. I know you are trying to be nice but it is not worth the exposure and certainly not expected or required. Baked goods, candy or even ice cream on dry ice would be not be expected but would be appreciated I am sure.

We are very jumpseat friendly

AC560
10-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Would you drink on the JS of a Delta flight?

Cognac and bread sticks?

East Aspen Dash
10-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Cognac and bread sticks?

We get caviar in our catering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iaflyer
10-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Sorry for jumping into this thread, but seems better than starting a whole new one since I am seeking a little guidance regarding securing a jumpseat on K4.

I have looked at my union's information regarding K4, but it is really lacking. So, could I ask those in the know where I can view K4 schedules and how to begin the process of booking a seat?

I appreciate the help! Thanks!

EDIT: I just found some info here on the airline profiles. Should have looked there first!Schedule ? Kalitta Air LLC (http://www.kalittaair.com/schedule/) is the schedule. They use the ICAO 4 letter code, the US ones are obvious but just click the international ones and the website will pop-up a window with the location.

hydra
10-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Not even the least bit appropriate. I know you are trying to be nice but it is not worth the exposure and certainly not expected or required. Baked goods, candy or even ice cream on dry ice would be not be expected but would be appreciated I am sure.

We are very jumpseat friendly

I got a dozen donuts for the flight early tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I have to clear customs outbound?

Locke
10-06-2018, 02:31 PM
I got a dozen donuts for the flight early tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I have to clear customs outbound?

From CVG just go to DHL. That’s the only security you have to clear outbound. You’ll be part of the crew, so you’ll be on the gen dec. once you arrive in whatever country you’re going to, follow the crew.

If you commercial out of there, and get asked about how you got there, show them the gen dec and say you arrived as crew.

And for God’s sake don’t drink. You arrive in Europe as part of the crew stinking of booze and you’re going to jail.

hydra
10-06-2018, 04:08 PM
From CVG just go to DHL. Thatís the only security you have to clear outbound. Youíll be part of the crew, so youíll be on the gen dec. once you arrive in whatever country youíre going to, follow the crew.

If you commercial out of there, and get asked about how you got there, show them the gen dec and say you arrived as crew.

And for Godís sake donít drink. You arrive in Europe as part of the crew stinking of booze and youíre going to jail.

Great advice! Thanks! I didn't know I'd be considered part of the crew. Glad I left my Whistle Pig at home.