Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Strangest cause for a diversion

cactusmike
10-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Unruly flyer's in-flight pull-ups force flight to divert to Kansas City

A cross-country American Airlines flight diverted to Kansas City on Monday evening because of an unruly flyer who reportedly became belligerent after doing pull-ups from the overhead storage bins.

American Flight 2763 departed from Phoenix around 6:30 p.m. ET and was headed to Boston when it diverted to Kansas City because of the manís alleged shenanigans, according to CBS Boston (WBZ TV).

Fellow passengers said the man appeared to be intoxicated when he started doing pull-ups from an overhead bin before becoming belligerent.

The flight attendant probably asked him three or four times to sit down and he refused to sit down and then he really got verbally abusive with her, starting calling her names,Ē David Markoski said to WBZ.

American confirmed to USA TODAY that an incident had taken place on the aircraft, saying the flight diverted to Kansas City about 90 minutes after takeoff, according to spokesman Ross Feinstein. He said the passenger was removed by law enforcement officers and that the flight continued on to Boston, arriving about 90 minutes behind schedule.

The FBI has taken the lead on the investigation into manís behavior, though the agency has not filed charges, according to WBZ-TV.

viper548
10-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Was the "wanna feel my core" guy deadheading?

Covfefe
10-02-2018, 09:28 AM
More evidence that crossfitters are a bunch of tools...! :D

Was the "wanna feel my core" guy deadheading?

Wait, wut?

viper548
10-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Wait, wut?

CLT has some interesting captains.

OVBIII
10-02-2018, 11:09 AM
CLT has some interesting captains.

I do believe story time is in order!

viper548
10-02-2018, 11:44 AM
There's a captain that uses hand holds and footrests to perform some awkward P-90x like work out routine, then asks the FO if they want to feel his core (I declined).
This is not to be confused with gym socks drying on air vents guy, train conductor guy, or gulfstream owner/super model wife guy.

rickair7777
10-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Tweaker...

UPTme
10-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Don't forget space aliens guy. That was a fun 3 day.

OVBIII
10-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Man, I am missing some real winners!!!! I guess they arenít too impressed with 12oz curls huh?

Grumpyaviator
10-02-2018, 12:55 PM
There's a captain that uses hand holds and footrests to perform some awkward P-90x like work out routine, then asks the FO if they want to feel his core (I declined).

Is he the one thatís also a competitive kayaker in the upper Midwest?

Rawhide16
10-02-2018, 02:22 PM

Yeah, because Crossfitters are the only people on the planet that do pull ups. 🙄

AFTrainerGuy
10-02-2018, 02:29 PM

I laughed out loud actually have flown with every one of CLTís finest listed here, but space guy is my favorite.

He tell you how:
1. Weíve been time traveling for decades and traveling faster than speed of light
2. About the human colonies warring with aliens on Mars
3. Eisenhowerís granddaughter

My favorite response when I asked him how he knew all this... ďIím a commuter and spend a lot of time I. The Sterling so I do a lot of online researchĒ

blastoff
10-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Is he the one thatís also a competitive kayaker in the upper Midwest?

Bingo.......

Arado 234
10-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Wait... I thought that was the guy that claims the alien mothership is hiding in the storm cell.

What about the African gold mine Captain? Or the one that briefs every f/a how to land the airplane (it's hilarious to watch them exit the cockpit with their head spinning!)?

We have true heroes!

10-03-2018, 03:45 AM
UPS/FedEx canít call soon enough...

OVBIII
10-03-2018, 04:09 AM

You are at Piedmont correct? Itís turning into a pilots market so it shouldnít be too long.

10-03-2018, 04:16 AM
You are at Piedmont correct? Itís turning into a pilots market so it shouldnít be too long.

I am. Pax aren't all bad, I say that jokingly. Apps are out though!

Battlinbear21
10-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Here comes a YouTube Marathon on my ROd day of Bro Science. And Iíll be starting w CrossFit. Max amount of reps with the least amount of gains. Seems like working for AA.

OVBIII
10-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Here comes a YouTube Marathon on my ROd day of Bro Science. And Iíll be starting w CrossFit. Max amount of reps with the least amount of gains. Seems like working for AA.

I will openly admit I am a Crossfiter, and I absolutely die laughing every time I watch the Broscience Crossfit video. Look up How to be a Crossfiter....the video is so spot on.

Arado 234
10-03-2018, 08:51 AM

I take FedEx several times a year which includes connecting through their "Master Base" MEM. They operation is very impressive, but anyway listening to the pilots gossip they too have their share of "characters"

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Battlinbear21
10-03-2018, 09:39 AM
I will openly admit I am a Crossfiter, and I absolutely die laughing every time I watch the Broscience Crossfit video. Look up How to be a Crossfiter....the video is so spot on.

Holy hell that is good! Thanks for the rec. how Dom came up w that stuff is pure gold. I cheat on my girls, not my curls. My shuttle day just got more enjoyable.

LIOG41
10-03-2018, 09:58 AM
...train conductor guy...I had him erased my memory, thanks for bringing back unpleasant memories. Hope he doesnít get anywhere west of Philly!

OVBIII
10-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Holy hell that is good! Thanks for the rec. how Dom came up w that stuff is pure gold. I cheat on my girls, not my curls. My shuttle day just got more enjoyable.

He is comedic gold!!!!

Cheddar
10-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Whatís a pull up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheddar
10-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Why do people complain about the alien guy - that sounds like a great way to kill the boredom! Knowledge is power! And how else are we supposed to fight the greys and reptilians?!?

ShyGuy
10-03-2018, 04:51 PM
You guys have a pilot who believes aliens are going to invade earth?

UPTme
10-03-2018, 05:33 PM
The Reptilians and the Nazis have a space base under Antarctica.

Duh.

Arado 234
10-03-2018, 05:44 PM
You guys have a pilot who believes aliens are going to invade earth?

I heard stories about a LUS Captain when I worked out if Philly. I was surprised to learn that LAA had a counterpart working out of MIA.

Grumpyaviator
10-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Bingo.......

Heís definitely my most memorable Jumpseat experience!

saxman66
10-08-2018, 09:24 AM
I heard about a guy at Envoy that was a flat earth and chemtrail believer. Anyone else hear?

airlinegypsy
10-08-2018, 10:55 AM
I heard about a guy at Envoy that was a flat earth and chemtrail believer. Anyone else hear?

Flew with a LAX 737 CA who subscribed to that, among other things.

Arado 234
10-08-2018, 04:40 PM

So is the moon flat, too?

I had a kid ask me last year whether I got tired pushing the nose down on a transcon. Otherwise we'd be in space!

So obviously the earth is flat!

tomgoodman
10-08-2018, 08:50 PM
The Reptilians and the Nazis have a space base under Antarctica.

Duh.

No, youíre looking in the wrong direction. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jth4yATniS4

AFTrainerGuy
10-09-2018, 03:56 AM
No, youíre looking in the wrong direction. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jth4yATniS4

Theyíre fighting the human colony on Mars that thinks the earth is gone.

Cheddar
10-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Theyíre fighting the human colony on Mars that thinks the earth is gone.

Ummmmm, you know thereís nothing on Mars except Martians right?

AFTrainerGuy
10-10-2018, 02:03 AM

I was set straight by our ďalien researchĒ expert in CLT. Martians are the least of our worries when we get there.

TransWorld
10-10-2018, 05:17 AM

I know, they told me so when I was standing there watching them build the pyramids in Egypt.

Cheddar
10-10-2018, 06:33 AM
I was set straight by our ďalien researchĒ expert in CLT. Martians are the least of our worries when we get there.

[emoji50] Does Elon know?!?

AFTrainerGuy
10-10-2018, 06:43 AM
[emoji50] Does Elon know?!?

He probably doesnít stay in the Sterling enough to have enough time to do the proper research. Heíll find out when he lands that we have had a base there since the 50ís and need to pick sides between warring clans quickly.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1