Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Random AME survey?

2992set
10-02-2018, 03:58 PM
I recently received an email from the feds saying I was randomly selected to take a survey regarding the medical certification process - I've never seen this before - I am currently awaiting an answer from the faa about a Special Issuance - its been about 6 weeks now since my exam - maybe I'm paranoid but I can't help to think this "random" survey is related to my SI request ...anyone have any thoughts?

tomgoodman
10-02-2018, 07:37 PM
I recently received an email from the feds saying I was randomly selected to take a survey regarding the medical certification process - I've never seen this before - I am currently awaiting an answer from the faa about a Special Issuance - its been about 6 weeks now since my exam - maybe I'm paranoid but I can't help to think this "random" survey is related to my SI request ...anyone have any thoughts?

Before giving any information, or even clicking on a link, I suggest that you contact the FAA and make sure this e-mail is genuine. Many “phishing” scams lurk on the internet.

rpatte1637
10-02-2018, 08:03 PM
I have to agree with Tomgoodman, I've been working on a special issuance for the last year or so and the FAA has never sent me a email, everything comes by snail mail. Last time I was talking to OKC to get an update, he asked me for a fax number to sent my SI letter to once it was complete to try to hurry the process, but again nothing about a email.

TiredSoul
10-02-2018, 09:28 PM
In their efforts to catch “easy” AME’s the FAA will randomly send surveys.
Then again it’s not mandatory to return it so........

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1