Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Hawker445
10-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Contemplating if OO is my route i'd request ORD as a base and just suck it up and move out there and avoid commuting from the west. Wondering where you guys live and if you've got roommates

chitolin
10-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Plenty of options online for apartments, crashpads. Logan square, wicker park Bucktown are places I know many crew members live in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkSideMoon
10-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Plenty of options online for apartments, crashpads. Logan square, wicker park Bucktown are places I know many crew members live in

Logan is a little pricey on first year FO money unless you have no student debt or live in a lower end apartment. Avondale is safe, close to the blue line/nightlife, and a lot cheaper.

Hawker445
10-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Logan is a little pricey on first year FO money unless you have no student debt or live in a lower end apartment. Avondale is safe, close to the blue line/nightlife, and a lot cheaper.

Sounds interesting. Besides my favorite climbing gym is opening two new locations in Lincoln Park, and Wrigleyville in 2019/2020! Exciting

strfyr51
10-03-2018, 02:40 AM
If you're Driving? Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, and Elk Grove might be placed to look also. I lived in Schaumburg when I was there without my wifr before I retired. I had a 2 bdrm for $1500/ Mo and there were grocery stores and restaurants all around me. I cooked when I felt like it and ate out when I didn't. And I never had to go hungry because it was Late, If I didn't feel like cooking. The neighborhoods have good parking and they're quiet so when you've done an all Nighte? You can sleep to your heart's content. ;) I lived in the apartment complex just west of Roselle Road and Golf Road behind the Fiat car dealership on Golf Road.

savedbythevnav
10-03-2018, 07:04 AM
NW suburbs are good if you have kids or wish to live as a hermit crab. Blue Line does not run this way.

Logan Square, Wicker Park are pricier, but fun. Some people live in Irving Park which is a bit cheaper and closer to ORD, but also close enough to all the "festivities" downtown.

SonicFlyer
10-03-2018, 08:44 AM
I'd rather slit my wrists than live in that city...

DarkSideMoon
10-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I'd rather slit my wrists than live in that city...

Good, cheaper rent for the rest of us.

Hawker445
10-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Where can I find reliable listings for crashpads?

Winston
10-03-2018, 10:52 AM
I spent five years in Wicker Park and that spot was lousy with airline pilots and F/As. The Blue Line Bar under the Damen stop was referred to as the “SkyWest Airlines Satellite Crew Lounge”. We even had our Xmas party there one year.

30 minutes to ORD on the train.

chitolin
10-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Where can I find reliable listings for crashpads?

Google, crew lounge

yeeeyeee
10-03-2018, 09:50 PM
I live at John Wayne Gacy’s house off the Cumberland stop. I’m renting out the basement for crash pads. I promise all the body parts have since been removed.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1