Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 20+ Year SLC CRJ Pilots

Skyhawk121
10-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Are all of the 20+ Year SLC CRJ pilots transitioning to the ERJ? Seems like there has been tons of movement in that direction lately.

Utah
10-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Are all of the 20+ Year SLC CRJ pilots transitioning to the ERJ? Seems like there has been tons of movement in that direction lately.

No. In fact most aren't.

savedbythevnav
10-03-2018, 10:01 AM
No. In fact most aren't.

In fact, most are getting bypassed!

Utah
10-03-2018, 10:06 AM
In fact, most are getting bypassed!

I was under the impression it's only the FOs getting bypassed.

amcnd
10-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I was under the impression it's only the FOs getting bypassed.

True. Captains are not getting bypassed. They know they will always have people wanting SLC base. I would say most the Sr. Ones have gone over. There may be some after the holidays. But it will start going jr again. And finaly jr Captains are getting into SLC on the CRJ...

savedbythevnav
10-03-2018, 10:15 AM
True. Captains are not getting bypassed. They know they will always have people wanting SLC base. I would say most the Sr. Ones have gone over. There may be some after the holidays. But it will start going jr again. And finaly jr Captains are getting into SLC on the CRJ...

Yeah, only the lifer FO's that they want to force out of the right seat.

rickair7777
10-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Yeah, only the lifer FO's that they want to force out of the right seat.

I can see that right now, they are upgrading a lot of folks who have low time...

Utah
10-03-2018, 11:47 AM
I've heard that they're not letting the SLC FOs transition because they have new hires that will only accept the 175 and won't take the CRJ. They don't want to lose those pilots so they give them the slots. Therefore we have new hires getting SLC and 10+ year FOs getting the shaft.

Gone Flying
10-03-2018, 11:55 AM
I've heard that they're not letting the SLC FOs transition because they have new hires that will only accept the 175 and won't take the CRJ. They don't want to lose those pilots so they give them the slots. Therefore we have new hires getting SLC and 10+ year FOs getting the shaft.

If only we had an organization that held the company accountable when they violate seniority

savedbythevnav
10-03-2018, 12:14 PM
If only we had an organization that held the company accountable when they violate seniority

http://www.skywestalpa.org

Check Complete
10-03-2018, 05:13 PM

Oh come on now! Stop with all that crazy talk!

UALfoLIFE
10-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Serves them right for not learning their lesson and leaving Skywest.