Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commuting policy

Skyguy85
10-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Seems there isnít a commuter policy or hotels paid per month for commuters. In the new TA I didnít see anything but it was pretty much just straight pay. Any word on the benefits for commuting changing?

I am considering employment with Skywest and am wondering what you all do or how much you pay as a commuter.

word302
10-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Seems there isnít a commuter policy or hotels paid per month for commuters. In the new TA I didnít see anything but it was pretty much just straight pay. Any word on the benefits for commuting changing?

I am considering employment with Skywest and am wondering what you all do or how much you pay as a commuter.

We choose to lag behind our peers in this area.

savedbythevnav
10-03-2018, 06:30 PM
SAPA voted on/signed a policy providing commuter hotels; however, it has not been signed by the VPFO yet. Anything is possible, but knowing SAPA, if they bothered to draft a policy and sign it in the first place it is because the company told them they would do it. We don't really "negotiate" here.

word302
10-03-2018, 08:51 PM
SAPA voted on/signed a policy providing commuter hotels; however, it has not been signed by the VPFO yet. Anything is possible, but knowing SAPA, if they bothered to draft a policy and sign it in the first place it is because the company told them they would do it. We don't really "negotiate" here.

I'm actually betting it never gets signed. Unless of course halfway through the pay vote things aren't going their way.

Skyguy85
10-04-2018, 06:28 AM
Do you spend much per month due to commuting? Any idea what the have in the proposal?

I'm actually betting it never gets signed. Unless of course halfway through the pay vote things aren't going their way.

word302
10-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Do you spend much per month due to commuting? Any idea what the have in the proposal?

I'm on reserve so I spend more than the average guy. I'm guessing $300 or so per month.

Skyguy85
10-04-2018, 11:55 AM
You just get hired or you on reserve by choice?

I'm on reserve so I spend more than the average guy. I'm guessing $300 or so per month.

word302
10-04-2018, 12:14 PM
You just get hired or you on reserve by choice?

Captain...