Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commuter out of Jax

MrFriendly7
10-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Ill be commuting out of Jax. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Where to park how much monthly etc. Hopefully based out of LGA.

flydiamond
10-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Ill be commuting out of Jax. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Where to park how much monthly etc. Hopefully based out of LGA.

Have you considered Endeavor? Endeavor does all the NYC JAX flying for Delta at the moment.

MrFriendly7
10-03-2018, 07:08 PM
I have considered but not interviewed or applied. Republic has better QOL and I really want to fly the ERJ. I have alot of senior guys at republic and they are all happy. I got a cjo from Skywest though in the ERJ program.

chrisreedrules
10-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Chasing a specific airplane rather than the logical path to good quality of life is a recipe for a bad time. Especially if you commute.

JAX-many places has become a tough commute. I know, I live here. Thereís just a metric ton of pilots who commute out of here nowadays. JAX-MIA is tough. DCA and PHL can be tough. DFW is usually tight. CLT and ATL seem to be the easiest but not working at RAH because you wonít have great priority for non-reving.

JAX-DCA or JAX-MIA may be your best bet as youíll have commuting opportunities on your own metal. But I know RAH pilots who do those weekly and they can be tough. Best of luck.

MrFriendly7
10-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Just dont want to be stuck on a -200 doing short legs. Have alot of friends at YX and they are all happy and most importantly, FLYING. Very happy with my choice. JAX to LGA or JFK might not be too bad either. I will bid for LGA or DCA.MIA is fairly senior.

chrisreedrules
10-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Just dont want to be stuck on a -200 doing short legs. Have alot of friends at YX and they are all happy and most importantly, FLYING. Very happy with my choice. JAX to LGA or JFK might not be too bad either. I will bid for LGA or DCA.MIA is fairly senior.

I hear that! Nobody likes the 200. Republic and DCA may be your best bet. 6 flights /day M-F. 2 on Republic and 2 on PSA. Another 2 on JetBlue. Where it becomes tricky is the weekend. Only 3 flights /day on Saturday.

And the way that the banks of flying work in DCA if you arenít able to catch the 2:00PM flight you have to wait around until 8:00PM for the next direct flight. Many DCA commuters 2-leg it home through CLT or ATL if they canít catch the 2:00PM direct.

Good luck! Iíve been commuting now for 4 years. JAX-CLT was a painless commute. JAX-DCA isnít the worst, but it certainly isnít the best commute either. Some days it sucks really bad.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1