Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Moral

rondonq1
10-05-2018, 11:28 AM
I hear through my source that moral is bad. New hire now seeing numbers for flow do not add up after protected pilot all gone. Hear they having to get dacuj to come talk to new hire classes to get moral up.

UncreativeUser
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Morale is fine man, though that depends if you get the airplane and base you want. I can see why people get upset when they donít get hat they plan for, but thatís life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FollowMe
10-05-2018, 11:33 AM
So whatís the moral? Perhaps if you find that you can improve the morale.

Gooselives
10-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Morale on the line is still very low. The company knows it through our wonderful poor survey results. We are one of the lowest paid airlines in the industry...other airlines are getting new contracts and new pay raises why we havenít seen any. Most of union head members have flowed recently...new reserve rules are in the works to attract DEC however thatís pretty much it... ten year flow for new hires...not many fos bwing hired on older equipment thus lack of movement...extremely old pay scales...and flow reductions next year...i am suprised my fo didnt know the flow reduces to 15...he was shocked...brain washed in fact...lied too

rondonq1
10-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Will dacuj be able to change any minds by talking to new hires?

ENH017
10-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Most of the people who don't like working here and either commuting, on reserve, or both. But that's probably common at a lot of regionals.

UncreativeUser
10-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Will dacuj be able to change any minds by talking to new hires?

As a new hire, probably not. Most new hires are aware that we are not the industry leading pay anymore and that wonít change until people stop showing up. But I think we arenít as desperate to raise pay to attract new hires as some other regionals which is a bummer but there are some things this company does right which is why we constantly bring people in the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bourbon scamp
10-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Weíre pilots. Of course morals are low.

arbatistoni
10-06-2018, 05:04 AM
Weíre pilots. Of course morals are low.

heh true isn't it?

FlyNavyE6B
10-08-2018, 12:38 AM
I was hearing that guys on reserve are not getting very many hours due to the fact that Envoy over hired earlier this year. Can anyone shed any light on this. Getting ready to apply, looking for the best place to start. Thanks in advance for any gouge you guys / gals have.

Bruno82
10-08-2018, 02:46 AM
I was hearing that guys on reserve are not getting very many hours due to the fact that Envoy over hired earlier this year. Can anyone shed any light on this. Getting ready to apply, looking for the best place to start. Thanks in advance for any gouge you guys / gals have.

This is true for FOs. It appears CA are flying a reasonable amount. The FO I am flying with only flew 12 hours last month.

The 0400 pre-assigned RAP on the first day of reserve has got to go away. Commuters need the opportunity to commute in the day prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ENH017
10-08-2018, 04:05 AM
The 0400 pre-assigned RAP on the first day of reserve has got to go away. Commuters need the opportunity to commute in the day prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can blame the pilot group for this one, when 117 rules came around and you needed 10 hours' rest for an assignment people would wait until they got called at midnight to receive a 10AM rap instead of a 4AM. It got so common that the preassigned RAPs became a thing.

E190 Driver
10-08-2018, 04:30 AM
You can blame the pilot group for this one, when 117 rules came around and you needed 10 hours' rest for an assignment people would wait until they got called at midnight to receive a 10AM rap instead of a 4AM. It got so common that the preassigned RAPs became a thing.

Were you here during that time??? If not I suggest you ask around as to why that happened. By your handle I'd say you weren't.

The company exploits every aspect of the contract and they get away with it, so we as a group found a loophole and exploited it to our advantage.

Funny you think to "blame" the pilot group for that.

Allegheny
10-08-2018, 04:50 AM
Doug Parker created the current flow program to deal with two issues. Cost and the pilot shortage. He doesn't care about morale. Being happy is your job, his job is running the company. The only way he will change the pay is if no one shows up to fill his Envoy new hire classes.

AA has the guaranteed flow because it is a cost control measure. I would be asking your negotiating committee who sit across the table from Jerry Glass, and ask them how he responds to their pay requests. The likely response from Jerry is, "let's put a price on a guaranteed job at mainline, what's that's worth?" "That's why your pay is lower, you have a guaranteed job at mainline coming."

https://www.fhsolutionsgroup.com/consultants/jerry-glass

Parker and Glass don't care about Morale, you show up and do the job or not. If not ,someone else will. It really is that simple and it works just like that at mainline. It does no good to try to educate or lecture AA management about employee morale issues and the possibility of increased productivity. The contract gives them the productivity they need. "Shut up and fly the airplane, we run the company." Doug says it in a nice way but it is clear that's where he stands.

Pedro4President
10-08-2018, 05:07 AM

This is mostly true... the finer details could be debatable but many FOs on the 145 ONLY accrued 200ish hours in a year. Most of these pilots went two or three months flying only once or twice. However the over hiring occurred this time last year and seems to be fixed on the hiring side. Residual effects are still being felt by this group. Moving forward I don't think this will happen again.

Pedro4President
10-08-2018, 05:10 AM
I hear through my source that moral is bad. New hire now seeing numbers for flow do not add up after protected pilot all gone. Hear they having to get dacuj to come talk to new hire classes to get moral up.

My morale hasn't been higher since I started. I'm loving this job. However some people would disagree because their experience at Envoy is different than mine.

ENH017
10-08-2018, 05:24 AM
...we as a group found a loophole and exploited it to our advantage.

So the company responded to the actions of the pilot group exploiting the regs..?

The company exploits every aspect of the contract

Good thing we have a pilot group that participates in the union process actively and makes sure to vote in strong contract language.

oh wait

NoValueAviator
10-08-2018, 08:06 AM

It all depends on what plane you get. Envoy works basically the same as any other airline on the 175, but CRJ and 145 is very dysfunctional. Iím on the 145 and besides welfare trips scheduling bought me to avoid sending me back to the sim, Iíve averaged 12 hours a month this year, involuntary reserve. This is while proffering for everything that starts and ends within a block of reserve days, asking to be turned back on any open trips, and bidding reserve shifts that have the highest probability of flying.

Pedro4President
10-08-2018, 08:07 AM
So the company responded to the actions of the pilot group exploiting the regs..?

Good thing we have a pilot group that participates in the union process actively and makes sure to vote in strong contract language.

oh wait

Pilots weren't exploiting anything. Not confirming your schedule when you are in rest isn't exploiting a loop hole.

The company pre assignment of RAP is exploiting a loop hole.

We need a system that meshes 117 into our reserve system.

NoValueAviator
10-08-2018, 08:10 AM
The default 4 AM RAP is an abomination, and abusive to commuters, especially at an airline that has bases where none of its pilots can afford to live on their earnings alone. But donít we have a big thread raging on that topic already titled ďReserve Rule Interpretation?Ē

bigtime209
10-08-2018, 08:26 AM

You have management material written all over you.

Destroyer
10-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Morale? Non existent. At least on reserve.

3GreenKSNA
10-09-2018, 04:03 PM
I am annoyed Mesa is doing the DFW-MRY flights starting in April.

-Keep the dirty side down

E175 Driver
10-09-2018, 04:30 PM
The default 4 AM RAP is an abomination, and abusive to commuters, especially at an airline that has bases where none of its pilots can afford to live on their earnings alone. But donít we have a big thread raging on that topic already titled ďReserve Rule Interpretation?Ē

You knew about the pay and reserve before you came in.

NoValueAviator
10-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Boring comment, I expect better from you.

DreadWing
10-12-2018, 07:19 AM

YOU knew your sophomoric, narcissistic enthusiasm would be mercilessly mocked before you "came in," did you not?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1