Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Accepted Republic CJO

TXNFlyer210
10-06-2018, 10:15 AM
After multiple interviews with multiple regional airlines, I have decided to start a new career with Republic. I will start training in January.

Besides QOL, pay being one of the top on the regional scale, and a sense of overall employee satisfaction... one of the main reasons I chose republic, is its a good company with the potential to be based in Houston.

I know Houston is a newer and small base and not a lot of data to go off of, but is there some data that may show when one might be able to hold Houston and how itís trending.

Thanks

FollowMe
10-06-2018, 10:19 AM
This reminds me of the ďWhy I Chose SkyWestĒ thread...

Prepare for insults in 3...2...1...

VASBYT
10-06-2018, 10:50 AM
After multiple interviews with multiple regional airlines, I have decided to start a new career with Republic. I will start training in January.

Besides QOL, pay being one of the top on the regional scale, and a sense of overall employee satisfaction... one of the main reasons I chose republic, is its a good company with the potential to be based in Houston.

I know Houston is a newer and small base and not a lot of data to go off of, but is there some data that may show when one might be able to hold Houston and how itís trending.

Thanks

As you stated, Houston is new. Based on on the trends, it is not going to grow any time soon. I am a 8/7 hire and based on the current trends, it;s going pretty senior on the FO side too. I will be lucky to get it by June or July next year, unless it grows in the next several months. So as of now 9-12 months. So if you start in January, maybe you will be able to hold it by the end of 2019. Things change fast.

mfflyer
10-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Thanks

Welcome aboard. Disregard the unhappy folks who will post on this forum. You're going to love it here!

Longhornmaniac8
10-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Thanks

The current junior award is for an early April 2018 hire; they will get to IAH in January 2019. For right now, I think plan on about 9 months to get there. By the time you're done with training, it's only 4-5 months or so, which isn't too terrible.

I'm doing the same thing. I'll keep you posted once I get to class on 11/6.

greendotplus10
10-06-2018, 06:53 PM
So far the staffing levels haven't really been changed since the base opened in July. Despite that, FOs will be upgrading or moving on at predictable rates. Several are coming in January.

It has about the same seniority as MIA right now, even though it is about 1/4 the size. 12/17 hires are the most junior in MIA and IAH.

Longhornmaniac8
10-06-2018, 06:59 PM
So far the staffing levels haven't really been changed since the base opened in July. Despite that, FOs will be upgrading or moving on at predictable rates. Several are coming in January.

It has about the same seniority as MIA right now, even though it is about 1/4 the size. 12/17 hires are the most junior in MIA and IAH.

I think there is a 1/23/18 hire at IAH right now.

greendotplus10
10-06-2018, 07:06 PM
I think there is a 1/23/18 hire at IAH right now.

You're right, there was on the September seniority list but not this month's. He must have transferred to another base or left since then.

VASBYT
10-07-2018, 07:18 AM
You're right, there was on the September seniority list but not this month's. He must have transferred to another base or left since then.

I believe he left the company.

Captain Slow
10-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard. Study hard, relax. Be humble, attitude is everything in training. Enjoy the crews, enjoy the plane, read the contract, know the contract, be nice to people.

It's a great place to work.

170driver
10-14-2018, 03:18 AM
Welcome aboard. Study hard, relax. Be humble, attitude is everything in training. Enjoy the crews, enjoy the plane, read the contract, know the contract, be nice to people.

Good advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

knewyork
10-14-2018, 07:26 AM

Spot on!!

metalfeather
10-14-2018, 08:28 AM

In reference to 'know the contract,' are there occasions where the company asks a pilot to do something which is contrary to the contract? If so, what are the common issues you see?

Do you ever hear the phrase "fly it and grieve it"?

Captain Slow
10-14-2018, 10:38 AM
Havenít had issues in the two years Iíve been here aside from some new schedulers not knowing what they can and canít do. Every time Iíve pointed something out that was contractually illegal it had been resolved. Never had a FIGI moment at this job. Iím also not a jerk to scheduling, and I try to be as accommodating as I can be within the contract.

If you can recognize when youíre becoming irritated or overwhelmed and back off, and chill for a second while you recompose your thoughts, you will go far in this field.

TheWeatherman
10-15-2018, 02:07 PM
In reference to 'know the contract,' are there occasions where the company asks a pilot to do something which is contrary to the contract? If so, what are the common issues you see?

Do you ever hear the phrase "fly it and grieve it"?

It doesn't happen often, but if it does happen then yes you fly and grieve later ONLY if it doesn't break Part 117 rules.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1