Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Geomni Interview

ech0sh4y
10-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have any input/experience with an interview with Geomni based out of Jacksonville, FL? Or perhaps working for the company? From what I have read it's fairly straightforward and it appears working for Geomni is quite pleasurable. Any details would be greatly appreciated!

SonicFlyer
10-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Does anyone have any input/experience with an interview with Geomni based out of Jacksonville, FL? Or perhaps working for the company? From what I have read it's fairly straightforward and it appears working for Geomni is quite pleasurable. Any details would be greatly appreciated!

I knew someone who worked there and what I got was that they are very cheap, to the point of ridiculous.... shared hotel rooms, if you get gas above the national average price or don't pump it yourself they take it out of your paycheck. Per Diem is like $10/day.

Their scheduling I've been told is too tight and their c210s are death traps. They crashed one recently -- https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Video-Cessna-210-Crash-Landing-in-Kissimmee-230445-1.html

Flyer83
10-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Sonic Flyer couldn't be further from the truth.

I worked for them in their Santa Rosa, CA office and have nothing but good things to say about my hub as well as the company.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I will respond as I can; but don't let someone who has never worked for them and "supposedly heard" from "someone" that they are cheap and don't care about their employees.

Per diem is $55 nationwide with the exception of a few locations that are higher. No shared hotel rooms, and hotels are chosen by you through their travel app. I had a few higher expenses that I put on the expense report and never had an issue with reimbursement.

ech0sh4y
10-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Sonic Flyer couldn't be further from the truth.

I worked for them in their Santa Rosa, CA office and have nothing but good things to say about my hub as well as the company.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I will respond as I can; but don't let someone who has never worked for them and "supposedly heard" from "someone" that they are cheap and don't care about their employees.

Per diem is $55 nationwide with the exception of a few locations that are higher. No shared hotel rooms, and hotels are chosen by you through their travel app. I had a few higher expenses that I put on the expense report and never had an issue with reimbursement.

How was the maintenance on the aircraft? What operations did you fly? It sounds like they use the tecnams for two crew operations (survey for insurance) and have the 210s and multi for pipeline patrols and some photography. From what I can tell they are interviewing me for the latter.

I appreciate the feedback. I have heard both sides but more people tend to agree with the positive experience.

SonicFlyer
10-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Sonic Flyer couldn't be further from the truth. To be fair my information was a few years old

Subieguy14
10-08-2018, 07:02 PM
I haven't heard anything bad about them fwiw... a lot happens in a few years (look at air america)

If its anything like my interview for my current company... more of a personality test than anything technical.

training really was only for learning to fly the camera lines. Granted im in a 172 instead of a 210 or aztec or something.

Pfmarti
10-09-2018, 11:48 AM
I have an interview with them tomorrow out of CRG and I'll let you know how it goes. Seems to be a pretty great company with lots of flight time to be had. That's about all I know so far.

ech0sh4y
10-09-2018, 02:14 PM
I have an interview with them tomorrow out of CRG and I'll let you know how it goes. Seems to be a pretty great company with lots of flight time to be had. That's about all I know so far.

Please keep me posted! I'll be heading down to KJAC area Thursday for a Friday show.

Flyer83
10-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Correct, the Tecnam P06T are being used for survey (grid style flights, "mowing the lawn") at altitudes below 5000MSL. Single Engine Service Ceiling in POH states 6000, but you'd be hard pressed to get that outside of a drift down.
Geomni's parent company is an insurance company, that's why they are investing heavily in better planes and training. They are very risk averse. PIC has ultimate authority on whether a mission will fly or not. They will not question safety.
Each hub has different airplanes for different missions / sensors. I flew a P68C and the Tecnam. They are acquiring lots of 206's with G1000 suites. All survey flights are 2 man operations (pilot and sensor operator). They are beginning to have pilots be cross-trained to be a sensor operator as well.
I never had issues with maintenance. If I had an issue, I brought it up to the chief pilot and head mechanic and it was addressed promptly, whether it was while out on a mission out of state or local.

ech0sh4y
10-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll report back after Friday in case someone else is wondering about Geomni.

smc2020
10-12-2018, 02:34 AM
Any idea regarding starting pay?

ech0sh4y
10-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Any idea regarding starting pay?

Salaried $33k plus $50 per day per diem on the road. Full benefits and hotels/cars paid for (reimbursed)

sar1
10-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Salaried $33k plus $50 per day per diem on the road. Full benefits and hotels/cars paid for (reimbursed)

As well as likely getting overtime when you're doing a collect, aside from that you're not normally gone the typical survey season like other companies. So when you're not on a collect you're home (local), although they require you to still get your 40 hours a week, likely sitting around the office and occasional local flights. I interviewed with them awhile back and plan to start with them next month, as I've been flying surveys for a defense contractor saving $$ to take the cut in exchange for the hours accrued and being home more than my 90/90 schedule. Seemed like a solid company from the interview and speaking with guys who just finished up with them. Let us know how it goes.

dapuckstopper15
12-01-2018, 02:22 AM
I believe salaries are different from hub to hub. I am receiving a bit over $33k. But could be COLA as well since its not too cheap where I live.

smc2020
12-03-2018, 12:37 PM

Any idea if there are any survey outfits (possibly that fly turbines) who pay higher? I know Dynamic does ADA with a KA200, but am unsure about the deployment time, or if you need to live in Bridgewater.

I would love to fly survey, but most, if not all jobs tend to be strictly time building.

Lohasse
12-06-2018, 11:01 AM
I believe salaries are different from hub to hub. I am receiving a bit over $33k. But could be COLA as well since its not too cheap where I live.

Maybe I've missed it...where are the hubs?

dapuckstopper15
12-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Maybe I've missed it...where are the hubs?

Go to the Geomni mapping pros FB page and you'll find the hubs.

SunandSky
12-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Go to the Geomni mapping pros FB page and you'll find the hubs.

Can you provide a link to either the FB site or Geomni site regardin the hubs?...Good on ya!!

dapuckstopper15
12-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks for NOT answering the question, and providing NO link to the FB site...Good on ya!!

The question is answered. Itís an easy search on FB.
Search Geomni Mapping Pros > click on their page > all hubs are on cover photo.
I donít know all of the hubs but there are plenty.

[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burtron
12-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Are they hiring? I've looked on their Verisk website but there are no jobs posted for ANY position. Wondering if they haven't updated their careers tab.

Surfinking21
12-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Are they hiring? I've looked on their Verisk website but there are no jobs posted for ANY position. Wondering if they haven't updated their careers tab.

Yes always hiring, I currently work here and itís a great group of guys and girls and youíll be flying a lot but also will be away from home a ton. Pay is great for low time and benefits amazing and overtime paid as well. Brand spanking new Multi Tecnams but hire single engine commercial guys too for the RFF work flying 210ís.

dapuckstopper15
12-09-2018, 08:14 AM

I believe they are still hiring for specific hubs. Iím not sure which ones. Link is below. Itís on the Verisk website.

https://careers.verisk.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-62644&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

Nemack85
11-03-2019, 03:51 AM
Do I have any chances with 250 hours total time?

dapuckstopper15
11-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Do I have any chances with 250 hours total time?

250TT is the minimum we hire at. So you do have a chance. Iíve seen them hire at various hours so youíd have the same shot as anyone else. Having a referral is typically a pretty big factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemack85
11-05-2019, 02:14 AM
Thanks , Iíve applied , letís see