Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : RED!

Arado 234
10-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Anybody having luck dropping/trading anything lately? I don't think I have seen anything green on my schedule this year.

airlinegypsy
10-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Captain I flew with last week showed me a green trip on his schedule. It was like looking at a unicorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aa73
10-10-2018, 04:46 PM
I used to drop most if not all of my schedule every 24th when TTOT opened up, even with everything red. Trick is, you gotta do two, even three way trip trades continually until you trade into a green one.. then dump your entire month through that one green trip. Worked like magic month after month. Only worked the first hour that TTOT was open, after that it got locked down. Granted, this was the first half of this year... Iíve been on reserve since May so no clue if they locked it up even tighter.

GHOST
10-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Anybody having luck dropping/trading anything lately? I don't think I have seen anything green on my schedule this year.

I have not had much success dropping trips with TTOT. I usually have better luck rearranging my schedule with TTS. Last month I was able to turn a 13 day off line to one with 21 days off. My monthly PPROJ was fairly low, but it gave me an opportunity to pick up an additional trip out of base and bring my PPROJ back up to 86 hours. TTS works, we just need more pilots to participate. As for my schedule, haven't seen green trip since December.

ORDinary
10-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have any speculation for why no trips seem to go green anymore? Does the union have any ability to police the green/red algorithm?

Name User
10-11-2018, 12:09 PM
I've heard the new Spirit contract requires 75% of trips to be green. If so that would be a huge gain for us to get next cycle.

OVBIII
10-11-2018, 01:23 PM
I've heard the new Spirit contract requires 75% of trips to be green. If so that would be a huge gain for us to get next cycle.

That would be epic

Tjamaica
10-11-2018, 02:01 PM

It only has to be that green at the beginning of open time. As people drop/trade/swap the grid will fluctuate. That being said, every day this month has remained solid green. Some weekends are hard to drop but weekdays are usually always green. You can drop every trip if you desire. There is no minimum credit needed

Sliceback
10-11-2018, 03:19 PM
A minimum percentage or total of trips, or hours, would help prime the pump for trading.

EMBFlyer
10-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Does anyone have any speculation for why no trips seem to go green anymore? Does the union have any ability to police the green/red algorithm?

I have a few ideas. Punishment for last December seems to come to the top of the list.

And no, there is NO contract language in regards to TTOT. The company can do what they want. And despite what you read on C&R, filing a grievance will not help.

Buzzlightyear
10-11-2018, 07:41 PM
I have a few ideas. Punishment for last December seems to come to the top of the list.

And no, there is NO contract language in regards to TTOT. The company can do what they want. And despite what you read on C&R, filing a grievance will not help.

Thatís like calling 911 when McDonaldís runs out of fries. Some people think itís completely appropriate. 😀

Surprise
10-11-2018, 08:23 PM
When the CCI app first started working for us LUS guys two years ago, it took me months to even know what a green trip was. I thought trips were just red and that was that...

Name User
10-11-2018, 08:41 PM
When the CCI app first started working for us LUS guys two years ago, it took me months to even know what a green trip was. I thought trips were just red and that was that...

100% true story, me as well. When I saw green I thought something was wrong at first.

sherpster
10-12-2018, 04:36 AM
What type of trips go green?

I am under the impression it is generally turns, Mon-Thur

Sliceback
10-12-2018, 08:53 AM
What type of trips go green?

I am under the impression it is generally turns, Mon-Thur

True. But I've seen 3 and 4 day trips go Green also. Few and far between, and less than it used to be, is my general impression.

drinksonme
10-12-2018, 10:07 AM
It fully has to do with Green December. There are about 8 opens trips for the rest of the month in my seat and base. 8!!!

All trips are RED.

Buzzlightyear
10-12-2018, 10:46 AM

When my wholly owned got access to CCI in a four year span I never saw anything green. Ever. Nobody knew green existed or that a trip would drop if you saw a green trip.

Al Czervik
10-13-2018, 04:01 AM
It fully has to do with Green December. There are about 8 opens trips for the rest of the month in my seat and base. 8!!!

All trips are RED.

That and upcoming negotiations

Covfefe
10-13-2018, 07:12 AM

Dear 8lb, 4oz sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE!!!!

Back in the spring, I was able to trade around and manage my schedule to fly decent 3 days and have (most) weekends off as a jr lineholder. For the past 6 months, I can trade next to ZERO. Even things I can are for junk 3-4 day trips over weekends or the worst of the red eyes.

LIOG41
10-13-2018, 09:55 AM
So rather than harping on our severely inflexible trip trading, who can we get in touch with in changing this crap or at least get a reason for the lack of green trips? Maybe a company contact?

EMBFlyer
10-13-2018, 01:12 PM
So rather than harping on our severely inflexible trip trading, who can we get in touch with in changing this crap or at least get a reason for the lack of green trips? Maybe a company contact?

No one. There's nothing in the JCBA to support this and Crew Scheduling Management (one manager in particular) lives to make our lives worse. It's like she gets off on it.

Dolphinflyer
10-13-2018, 07:00 PM
Crew Schedule Storm Trooper-"All your trips are RED"

Obi-wAAn-"My friend, all my trips are GREEN,...Ö..every month"

Crew Schedule Storm Trooper-"Yes, all your trips are GREEN, every month"

:D

https://i.giphy.com/media/l2JJKs3I69qfaQleE/200_s.gif

Sunfish FAIP
10-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Hey guys Iím a fairly new LH here. I understand TTOT is trading w the company for something currently in open time via aapilots. How/where is TTS done? Iíve always heard that we have 2 ways to modify our schedule but didnít know the second. Lastly when we do something in LS, which system is it using?

Sliceback
10-14-2018, 04:27 AM
TTS is a system where you enter generic search/trade criteria and it runs twice a day. 8AM and 8PM?

TTOT is a manual system. You enter a trade request for your trip A and it sees if thereís a trip you can trade for.

Name User
10-14-2018, 05:17 AM
Hey guys Iím a fairly new LH here. I understand TTOT is trading w the company for something currently in open time via aapilots. How/where is TTS done? Iíve always heard that we have 2 ways to modify our schedule but didnít know the second. Lastly when we do something in LS, which system is it using?
I don't have LS but I believe it uses TTOT. I dropped a trip last week and it was gone within a few seconds. LS is an automatic thing, it continually checks online.

In theory TTS is better because it allows multiple trade partners (ewww...) but I've never been able to get it to work for me. Probably because LS is sucking up all the good stuff. The company should just put TTS in the grave and reimburse us or purchase LS for us to use. It's absolutely incredible that a single guy can make a more useful program than a 120,000 employee company can figure out to just purchase.

Arado 234
10-14-2018, 05:45 AM
No one. There's nothing in the JCBA to support this and Crew Scheduling Management (one manager in particular) lives to make our lives worse. It's like she gets off on it.

Time for a soundoff or whatever it's called. I wonder if the prima donnas in D are even aware of this issue.

Just the fact that Spirit (!) has a better trip trading contract makes me wonder about APA.

mainlineAF
10-14-2018, 06:54 AM
I don't have LS but I believe it uses TTOT. I dropped a trip last week and it was gone within a few seconds. LS is an automatic thing, it continually checks online.

In theory TTS is better because it allows multiple trade partners (ewww...) but I've never been able to get it to work for me. Probably because LS is sucking up all the good stuff. The company should just put TTS in the grave and reimburse us or purchase LS for us to use. It's absolutely incredible that a single guy can make a more useful program than a 120,000 employee company can figure out to just purchase.

Iím pretty sure TTS is seniority based. Itís really a completely different system from TTOT. It just doesnít work well bc there isnít much open time and not a lot of people use it so thereís not enough to prime it.

riel39
10-14-2018, 09:39 AM
How do you pick up the trips that guys have posted for drop (below the line in N4D), without LS? Thanks in advance.

Arado 234
10-14-2018, 09:46 AM
How do you pick up the trips that guys have posted for drop (below the line in N4D), without LS? Thanks in advance.

Get the APA app. Pretty straight forward. You can test-run a trade to see if you are legal for it.

Sliceback
10-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Time for a soundoff or whatever it's called. I wonder if the prima donnas in D are even aware of this issue.

Just the fact that Spirit (!) has a better trip trading contract makes me wonder about APA.

How does DLís work?

Sliceback
10-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Personal mode - type ĎHTí and it has the entry codes.

PICKUP A TRIP - ENTER.... HTO/B/PICKUP SEQ NUM/DATE/SEAT

The sweet deal about Ďbelow the lineí is you donít have to wait for TTS or TTOT to open to get the trip. Call the guy directly and ask him to drop the trip to you. In that case the guy Ďdroppingí the trip uses ĎHTí and then ĎTRADE A TRIP.í

Name User
10-14-2018, 11:02 AM

The sweet deal about Ďbelow the lineí is you donít have to wait for TTS or TTOT to open to get the trip. Call the guy directly and ask him to drop the trip to you. In that case the guy Ďdroppingí the trip uses ĎHTí and then ĎTRADE A TRIP.í

No need for all of that, just use the APA mobile app to pick up directly. Works well lasts long time.

riel39
10-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Iíve been trying the APA app, but it gives me this message:
#TTS OR PBS IS RUNNING. ENTIRE TRANSACTION IGNORED#

I know TTS runs at 0800 and 2000, and I initially tried it around noon today, so Iím not sure what the real issue is with the HTO? Just to clarify, Iím not trying to trade a trip, just a straight pick up from a trip listed for drop. I was trying to avoid contacting the other guy. Itís been my experience that if you donít have LS, as I donít, guys canít figure this out. Maybe CS could facilitate it?

Sliceback
10-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Iíve been trying the APA app, but it gives me this message:

I know TTS runs at 0800 and 2000, and I initially tried it around noon today, so Iím not sure what the real issue is with the HTO? Just to clarify, Iím not trying to trade a trip, just a straight pick up from a trip listed for drop. I was trying to avoid contacting the other guy. Itís been my experience that if you donít have LS, as I donít, guys canít figure this out. Maybe CS could facilitate it?

I donít think CS does trip trades. Use the DECS codes if the app doesnít work.

Arado 234
10-14-2018, 03:32 PM

It would be a dream if there is no base restriction. Another possible gem APA puts on their ignore list.

Name User
10-14-2018, 03:35 PM
I’ve been trying the APA app, but it gives me this message:

I know TTS runs at 0800 and 2000, and I initially tried it around noon today, so I’m not sure what the real issue is with the HTO? Just to clarify, I’m not trying to trade a trip, just a straight pick up from a trip listed for drop. I was trying to avoid contacting the other guy. It’s been my experience that if you don’t have LS, as I don’t, guys can’t figure this out. Maybe CS could facilitate it?

CS can't do anything.

Are you trying to pick up at the end of the month?

On the PBS page it states TTS/TTOT shutdown for trips in the last six days of the month starting the 13th. There is an event calendar written out.

Dolphinflyer
10-14-2018, 04:06 PM
It would be a dream if there is no base restriction. Another possible gem APA puts on their ignore list.

There are huge problems with this. Sounds great, not so much in practice. Main issue is with wide seniority differences in Group IV bases vs places like MIA or LGA with much crappier trips.

Might be a workable deal with narrowbody bases with similar DOH's.

I'll agree that we should be open to anything that improves QWL and is equitable for all bases.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1