Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

JohnDoe23
10-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Gday guys,

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I am wondering if it is correct that some regionals will allow you to borrow from "signing bonus" - and then reconcile tax payable later? (Of course liable for repaying this, in the unlikely event of not making the grade. )

I hold Australian licenses and have run out of money to finish off getting up to standard here, before sitting FAA instrument and commercial checkrides. (Have completed FAA writtens already). I meet the minimums and have a regional regularly calling me to check my progress.

This is not about being a "tight a$$" for money - rather I just don't have it. I otherwise can do it.

Has anyone heard of any such scheme?

Also, is Airline Rotary Conversion only for ex-military? I hold CPL(H) also. Do i go under this guise?

Grateful in advance for any assistance,

Safe flying,

JD

KaiGywer
10-12-2018, 03:51 AM
I don't know the fine print, but I did see an ad from Silver Airways with possibly exactly what you're looking for.

https://www.silverairways.com/pilot-recruitment

JohnDoe23
10-12-2018, 06:52 AM
Thanks Kai. Will take a look.