Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Nov 6th Indoc

peengleeson
10-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Anyone have any info on the Nov 6th indoc class, as far as training delays how backed up is it?

PNWduck
10-12-2018, 05:47 AM
I'm scheduled for the November 6th Indoc too. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

BosoxH60
10-12-2018, 07:13 AM
You’ll find out details Nov 6, I imagine, and with more accuracy when they give you your schedule.

Anything else is a guess. Still have to get through the next class that starts this month.

If I were a betting man, I wouldn’t expect to see the sim until 2019, though. If you’re even back for systems by then.

midlifeflysis
10-12-2018, 07:18 AM
You’ll find out details Nov 6, I imagine, and with more accuracy when they give you your schedule.

Anything else is a guess. Still have to get through the next class that starts this month.

If I were a betting man, I wouldn’t expect to see the sim until 2019, though. If you’re even back for systems by then.

Considering the 8/21 class is in sims November/December - The November classes will almost definitely be in 2019 for the majority of their training.

TurbineSuburban
10-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Considering the 8/21 class is in sims November/December - The November classes will almost definitely be in 2019 for the majority of their training.

Wow, so 11/6 could mean all the way to the end of Jan/early Feb before returning to training? Looks like Thanksgiving through Super Bowl off for these guys. Not bad timing.

AUpilot75
10-13-2018, 02:23 PM
I’m in the nov 6 indoc and I asked talent acquisition and they said expect 2.5 months home after 2 days of indoc. I hope we can non-rev during that time.

Tigflt17
10-13-2018, 02:54 PM
I’m in the nov 6 indoc and I asked talent acquisition and they said expect 2.5 months home after 2 days of indoc. I hope we can non-rev during that time.

You can use benefits after 30 days as previously said in multiple threads. While you may have access, sooner, it specifically says not until 30 days company rules. Your choice if you want to risk it

TheNotoriousPIC
10-13-2018, 02:56 PM

After 30 days you totally can! And take advantage of the time, not often you get a paid vacation with free flights.

DigDougShovelCo
10-16-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm in the 10/15 class and they told us to plan to return to IND on 1/2/2019. You guys presumably then would be a couple weeks after us.

Viking6
10-17-2018, 01:39 PM
It’s unfortunate that training is so backed up. Be sure and stay in the books, and do some “chair flying”. Not much leniency for training issues anymore at Republic.

BosoxH60
10-17-2018, 02:50 PM
It’s unfortunate that training is so backed up. Be sure and stay in the books, and do some “chair flying”. Not much leniency for training issues anymore at Republic.

It’s better than at other places. The simple fact that you’re walking out of Indoc knowing when you show up next (unless you happen to get called early) is a *huge* step up.

That said, I think the company should step back and not have this bubble of people being paid to wait. I can’t imagine the cost of keeping that many people on payroll for that amount of time is worth it. (~$100K/month/class?)

05Duramax
10-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Well from what I've seen Republic appears to be a well ran company; Compass isn't really hiring right now and when they have put hiring freezes in in the past it has severely bit them. Maybe Republic just doesn't want to get behind the curve on hiring, someone had to decide it was worth it.

Viking6
10-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Well from what I've seen Republic appears to be a well ran company; Compass isn't really hiring right now and when they have put hiring freezes in in the past it has severely bit them. Maybe Republic just doesn't want to get behind the curve on hiring, someone had to decide it was worth it.

Republic is a very lean company, so if they decided to hire more pilots, they anticipated a need for more pilots. We lose 25+ pilots per month, so being over staffed by a few hundred isn’t really a big deal. They will suspend classes and just start a hiring pool. At least they’re doing the right thing and paying the new hires

Blankstar85
10-28-2018, 05:40 AM
I'm in the November 6th class. Really excited and looking forward to it. I received the email last week for training.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1