Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Captains Dinner

cbrittle
10-13-2018, 02:17 PM
is the CA dinner biz casual?

NoValueAviator
10-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Nah, just grab a T-shirt. Neider doesn't like guys who look like they're trying too hard.

ParkingatMIA
10-13-2018, 04:50 PM
They still do captain dinners ?

havick206
10-13-2018, 05:19 PM
They still do captain dinners ?

Nope.... not since the Dec 2017 bid

cbrittle
10-13-2018, 06:46 PM
There’s a dinner of some kind.

Folove
10-13-2018, 06:48 PM
There’s a dinner of some kind.

No there ain’t.

PilotPete4You
10-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Rule #1 Marry once and only once.

Rule #2 Don’t buy a house immediately after upgrade.

Rule #3 Don’t forget that it’s just a regional.

uavking
10-13-2018, 09:37 PM
is the CA dinner biz casual?

There is no captain dinner, and expect no ceremony around your captain wings. You’ll just be told to go see some manager to sign for your EFB backup battery at which time you’ll pick up your wings off a desk. If you’ve been here long enough to upgrade, then none of this should surprise you.

arbatistoni
10-14-2018, 06:35 AM
They were still doing upgrade dinners in dfw in february.... i was at one. Everyone was in uniform if they had one. Family members and new hires were generally business casual.

E175 Driver
10-14-2018, 06:38 AM
They still giving Dickies BBQ?

uavking
10-14-2018, 08:03 AM
They were still doing upgrade dinners in dfw in february.... i was at one. Everyone was in uniform if they had one. Family members and new hires were generally business casual.

In the immortal words of Biggie Smalls: "things done changed." My lack of dinner dates to May.

cbrittle
10-14-2018, 08:05 AM

Thank you for the verification. Day before training starts it shows DNR on my schedule and received confirmation from a friend up the food chain. Biz casual for me.

FlyPurdue
10-14-2018, 08:08 AM
DNR is Captain’s Duties and Responsibilities. Think MX procedures, CRM, and a review of FM1.

I don’t think they brought back the upgrade dinner, but they might have...just would not be coded DNR.

Enjoy upgrade!

havick206
10-14-2018, 08:15 AM
Thank you for the verification. Day before training starts it shows DNR on my schedule and received confirmation from a friend up the food chain. Biz casual for me.

DNR is not captains dinner. It’s a 7:30 show for them to make sure everyone has the 121 time and an unrestricted atp and then talk about fuel and fm1 stuff etc.

Last captains dinner was in feb and they’ve stopped doing them since.

SilentLurker
10-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Rule #1 Marry once and only once.

Rule #2 Don’t buy a house immediately after upgrade.

Rule #3 Don’t forget that it’s just a regional.

All bad rules. Do it all! Fear limits progress, lack of progress limits wealth!
(Substitute the word “progress” with Pay & also QOL).

As for Rule #1... Many dumbasses get married without a prenups, knowing deep down they may get taken to the cleaners! Fear of financial leeches marrying you get solved with a prenup.

Rule #2... Buy a house BEFORE you upgrade! interest rates are getting much higher! Cost to borrow is cheap.

Rules #3... Its not just a Regional! Expect more! Demand more! (Pay, QOL, treatment, etc). You may be stuck there for 15-20years.

RomeoBravo
10-15-2018, 04:59 AM

My guy!

DNR is not “Dinner”, that I can assure you. Try Duties & Responsibilities.

I told dinner is a thing of the past. Keep us posted on your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyio
10-15-2018, 05:17 AM

Either "your friend up the food chain" isn't all that far up it, doesn't know what they are talking about, or isn't really your "friend", possibly some combination of the three.

As others have said, it is your duties and responsibilities course.

DreadWing
10-15-2018, 05:50 AM
As others have said, it is your duties and responsibilities course.

I never had a “duties and responsibilities course.”

I DO remember being ceremonially threatened at that point in the training footprint, though...

Smutter
10-15-2018, 03:38 PM
I never had a “duties and responsibilities course.”

I DO remember being ceremonially threatened at that point in the training footprint, though...
It's the first day of Capt upgrade. It's on Sunday. No point to the class, just a refresher of fm1 at best