Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

I7boeing7
10-14-2018, 10:38 AM
If I mistakenly press toga while on final approach on a b737, let's say I'm 8-9 miles to touch down, at this stage I have localizer and glide slope captured. If I mistakenly press toga, my actions will be "click click" autothrottle disengage, autopilot will have being disengage as I have pressed toga, but I will see my flight directors shooting up for a go around, I will command my PM to switch off the F/D. The question is, If I want to reengage loc and G/S and also turn the autopilot back on, what is the correct procedure?

GuardPolice
10-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Stabilize the jet and stay on the LOC and G/S while the PM turns the F/Ds back on. The PM should then hit the APP button. Once all thatís done you can turn on the A/P.

I7boeing7
10-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Stabilize the jet and stay on the LOC and G/S while the PM turns the F/Ds back on. The PM should then hit the APP button. Once all thatís done you can turn on the A/P.

I had the same thought in my head, I just needed someone to say it out loud, :) thank you guardpolice

GuardPolice
10-14-2018, 02:41 PM
I had the same thought in my head, I just needed someone to say it out loud, :) thank you guardpolice

No worries. Been there done that myself.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1