Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ORD E75 FO Reserve

Cyio
10-15-2018, 04:05 AM
Anyone know what the reserve life is like for ORD FO E75? Fairly senior, so would be in the top 33%. Hours flown, nights away from home etc?

Thanks

MD-11Loader
10-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Message Aviator Chavez on YouTube. He can tell you all about how heís lived the baller life while on reserve.

in2deep
10-17-2018, 03:36 PM
Youíll be on reserve for maybe 2 months.

EnyFlyr
10-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Message Aviator Chavez on YouTube. He can tell you all about how heís lived the baller life while on reserve.

Yeah I think bragging about getting displaced from a sequence right at 947 hours a few days before the bid closed didnt help his case with the company.

highfarfast
10-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Yeah I think bragging about getting displaced from a sequence right at 947 hours a few days before the bid closed didnt help his case with the company.

What case?

Really though, I don't follow these people so I don't know the story. Are you saying he bragged about getting displaced so that the bid ran with him at 947 hours and is now being punished for it?

ItnStln
10-18-2018, 03:18 PM
What case?

Really though, I don't follow these people so I don't know the story. Are you saying he bragged about getting displaced so that the bid ran with him at 947 hours and is now being punished for it?

If this is in regards to what to think it is, Aviator Chavez was displaces from a trip which kept him from upgrading to Captain.

MD-11Loader
10-18-2018, 05:14 PM
What case?

The thing that got him in trouble was bragging about how he does whatever he can to not work and make money, but the kicker was that stupid rap video he made in his uniform using the companyís logo.

highfarfast
10-18-2018, 08:20 PM
The thing that got him in trouble was bragging about how he does whatever he can to not work and make money, but the kicker was that stupid rap video he made in his uniform using the companyís logo.

Hmmm, if ďwhatever he canĒ means heís calling calling in sick when heís not, intentially causing misconnects, abusing the commuter clause, etc, I can understand getting in trouble for ďbraggingĒ. Well, not so much for the bragging itself but the bragging called attention to the issues.

If ďwhatever he canĒ means doing whatever he can to get into sequences with line check airmen hoping to get displaced (which was what was posted) so that he can get paid without working, I donít understand him getting in trouble with the company. They gotta displace someone off those trips so I donít understand how heís hurting the company by that.

Now if heís getting in trouble because of the rap video mentioned... I get that and understand why the company has issues. I just see these as very seperate issues, even if they happened at the same time.

Cyio
10-19-2018, 04:43 AM
I thought he did get OCL? Could have sworn I had seen his name on it.

uavking
10-19-2018, 11:58 AM
I thought he did get OCL? Could have sworn I had seen his name on it.

Awarded on the vacancy that just closed. I think he barely missed the July vacancy.

DreadWing
10-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Now if he’s getting in trouble because of the rap video mentioned... I get that and understand why the company has issues.

That just makes me want to see this (apparently) forbidden fruit JUST THAT MUCH MORE.

I heard the company didn't give a flounder until several of US went to management in protest of the RAP rap video...which is an EXTRAORDINARILY unprecedented move...

highfarfast
10-19-2018, 06:23 PM
I heard the company didn't give a flounder until several of US went to management in protest of the RAP rap video...which is an EXTRAORDINARILY unprecedented move...

I have not seen it. As I said before I haven’t followed any of his stuff. If this is how it went down, our pilots shouldn’t be doing this to our pilots. I hope this isn’t true.

NoValueAviator
10-19-2018, 07:16 PM
I know the Union put something out recently reminding guys not to immediately narc on their coworkers to management/CPO for any real or perceived deficiency, but although I've asked around for examples no one seems to know of any.

uavking
10-19-2018, 09:15 PM
I know the Union put something out recently reminding guys not to immediately narc on their coworkers to management/CPO for any real or perceived deficiency, but although I've asked around for examples no one seems to know of any.

Use Pro Standards within the union folks, itís as simple as that. Thatís how things are handled here, and at every other ALPA carrier. This, of course, assumes that youíve tried addressing the issue with the individual in question first...

ItnStln
10-20-2018, 02:37 PM
That just makes me want to see this (apparently) forbidden fruit JUST THAT MUCH MORE.

I wish I downloaded it because it was entertaining.

Ijustlikeflying
10-20-2018, 08:48 PM
No one should be turning people into management. Thatís ridiculous, I donít care how upset you are. Everyone here has spent their entire life to get here, so donít possibly ruin someones career just because of something you donít agree with. Let the union handle it...

DreadWing
10-21-2018, 09:35 AM
No one should be turning people into management. Thatís ridiculous, I donít care how upset you are. Everyone here has spent their entire life to get here, so donít possibly ruin someones career just because of something you donít agree with. Let the union handle it...

I can't speak authoritatively as to the veracity of what I've heard, so I make no guarantees that's actually what happened.

It's entirely possible that union channels of grievance were used for conveying this "complaint" to MANAGEMENT.

SOMEHOW, though...if that's REALLY the way it went down...it STILL feels like filthy business.

For the record, though: don't take this as an "endorsement" of RAP rap videos and the like...my concern is ENTIRELY with the notion of our comrades having *something* to do with drawing the attention of management (if true) to one of us because they don't "approve."

DreadWing
10-21-2018, 09:38 AM
I wish I downloaded it because it was entertaining.

Maybe I can find this lad and compel him to show it to me!

ItnStln
10-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Maybe I can find this lad and compel him to show it to me!

He seemed cool and I liked his videos because he taught you the way things worked. The rap video was a little over the top, but overall I liked his videos. There was another that was taken down in the past that he did. If I recall correctly it was startup to taxi on the E175.

SilentLurker
10-21-2018, 12:42 PM
I have not seen it. As I said before I havenít followed any of his stuff. If this is how it went down, our pilots shouldnít be doing this to our pilots. I hope this isnít true.

Very much agree with you. Sad to say I believe is what went down. I can picture many would turn in a fellow pilot to the CPO before speaking to that FO professionally or ALPA. Some of these same CAís talk about folks behind their back and will smile in that personís face, yet say nothing.

DreadWing
10-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Very much agree with you. Sad to say I believe is what went down. I can picture many would turn in a fellow pilot to the CPO before speaking to that FO professionally or ALPA. Some of these same CAís talk about folks behind their back and will smile in that personís face, yet say nothing.

Like I intimated: if this is true, its rather SERIOUS implications stretch FAR beyond silly, millennial YouTube videos.

In fact...the spectre of this precedent, of being turned-in to management by our peers, is SO alarming that I think it needs to be kicked up the priority chain IMMEDIATELY over at ALPA.

Maybe to the top.

We've got quite enough to worry about without the dangers of being reported to management by our own. I've seen the kind of damage the formation of an informant culture creates...

NoValueAviator
10-21-2018, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN82J_X7J7A

Also, when you guys bloviate in the crew room about how "jacked up" the other guy was for uniform compliance, grooming, listening to music in the hotel van, dad bod etc. people are assuming you are the one tattling on your fellow pilots to management, even if you aren't and even if your criticisms are reasonable in relation to company policy/FM1

DreadWing
10-21-2018, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN82J_X7J7A

This is epic...

KodiakRS
10-26-2018, 11:42 AM
dad bod

Is it still a dad bod if I don't have children? Or is that just known as being fat?

NoValueAviator
10-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Is it still a dad bod if I don't have children? Or is that just known as being fat?

You'd have to ask the guys obsessing over other dudes' bodies here and in the ord crew room.

Cyio
10-27-2018, 03:41 AM
You'd have to ask the guys obsessing over other dudes' bodies here and in the ord crew room.

Reason 523 why I never go down in that foul place. I have found that both in DFW and ORD, assuming other places as well, that the crew room is the worst of the worst in terms of the people down there. Not to mention, it is disgusting.

NoValueAviator
10-27-2018, 03:29 PM
I too typically avoid it, unfortunately AA is cracking down on even comparatively stealthy crew members in the clubs.