Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Uniform Question

N1CEandEZ
10-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Uh asking for a friend...

Anybody know of pants that arenít the awful M&H ones that are more fitted and comfortable and go well with the blazer?

savedbythevnav
10-16-2018, 11:23 AM
A Cut Above pants are pretty nice. The fabric is a slightly different style from the blazer, but the color is the same so no one will notice.

ImPilot I Fly
10-16-2018, 11:24 AM
I go to Kohls and Target and buy multiple pairs. Take them all home and try them on to match the blazer. Return those that don't fit will and don't match. It would be easier to take the blazer into the store..... But who wants to be that guy.

jpso
10-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Uh asking for a friend...

Anybody know of pants that arenít the awful M&H ones that are more fitted and comfortable and go well with the blazer?

The M&H pants are actually a quality pant. I agree that the fit sucks though. Spend the $10-15 and have them tailored to you. It's cheaper than buying another pant.

amcnd
10-16-2018, 01:23 PM
If you get M&H make sure to get the (S) ďslimĒ even if your not not slim... get the slim..

savedbythevnav
10-16-2018, 03:15 PM
If you get M&H make sure to get the (S) ďslimĒ even if your not not slim... get the slim..

I may try this. The only ones I have are back from when I was a new hire and the bottoms of the pants are like bell bottoms that flop around like a mentally-challenged fish when I walk. Assuming they are not slim as they couldn't get one thing right on the order form to begin with.

sofarup
10-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Does anyone like the longcoats? Or do most people just stick with the blazers?

amcnd
10-16-2018, 04:45 PM
I may try this. The only ones I have are back from when I was a new hire and the bottoms of the pants are like bell bottoms that flop around like a mentally-challenged fish when I walk. Assuming they are not slim as they couldn't get one thing right on the order form to begin with.

Thatís exactly how the non ďsĒ are. Feel like a 70ís bus driver..

Tippy
10-16-2018, 08:02 PM
I buy Nike golf slacks from Dicks sporting goods. A little pricey but well worth it to me. Fit, comfort and style well above anything else out there IMHO. I don't wear the blazer though so cant speak to the color match. Does however match a Cut Above sweater very nicely

ajaf1656
10-17-2018, 01:39 AM
The only thing I get with my allotment are belts and epaulettes. The clothes are garbage. Kohl's for pants and cut above shirts.

TheFly
10-20-2018, 06:35 AM

The long coat helps with blocking the wind in cold and windy situations. Policy says you have to have your hat on when you wear it. Thatís pretty much the only time I wear my hat, when I wear my long coat.

Turbosina
10-20-2018, 01:01 PM

I know only one guy in my entire base who has the long coat...

tomgoodman
10-20-2018, 01:19 PM
I know only one guy in my entire base who has the long coat...

Maybe he is........The One! :D

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/1/1b/Neo_Matrix.png/revision/latest?cb=20170226222907

savedbythevnav
10-23-2018, 07:16 PM
Wear the Duster! (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri_Kn90fbVo)

Check Complete
10-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Costco has some Izod golf pants that are pretty bullet proof, stretchy, and no iron for about $30-40?

I've used them for years now with no issues.

I don't think any CP will care as long as they are kept up?

baronbvp
11-21-2018, 10:01 AM
Does anyone wear the Perrone leather flight jacket instead of the blazer? A CA at my interview said it was too bulky, but I'm a flight jacket guy. I'm thinking maybe you still should get the blazer even if you have the flight jacket?

amcnd
11-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Does anyone wear the Perrone leather flight jacket instead of the blazer? A CA at my interview said it was too bulky, but I'm a flight jacket guy. I'm thinking maybe you still should get the blazer even if you have the flight jacket?

If you get one. Donít get the liner.. it is heavy.. i wear it Dec-feb. other then that itís heavy to drag around.

zondaracer
11-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Lots of guys wear the leather jacket, but it sure is heavy.

ImPilot I Fly
11-21-2018, 09:19 PM
What size you wear?

Check Complete
11-22-2018, 04:16 AM
What size you wear?

Double D....

RickRoss
11-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Oh snap!

Filler
Double D....