Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 145 Long Term

402FreightDog
10-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Would someone post or PM the training foot print for a 145 LT? Flow plan looks like about 9 weeks. Does that include IOE? Start just before Christmas. Any ideas what days are non training days? Just Christmas and New Yearís Day? 16 hours of per diem daily? Same hotel as NH and recurrent? Where are the sims, AA Academy?

TIA

Oates82
10-16-2018, 04:20 PM
I started Jan 15 with indoc. I finished end of March with my check ride. Finished IOE mid April.

402FreightDog
10-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Would someone post or PM the training foot print for a 145 LT? Flow plan looks like about 9 weeks. Does that include IOE? Start just before Christmas. Any ideas what days are non training days? Just Christmas and New Yearís Day? 16 hours of per diem daily? Same hotel as NH and recurrent? Where are the sims, AA Academy?

TIA
Is there a period of home study for the CBTs?

Podrick
10-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Where are the sims, AA Academy?

TIA

2 at GSW, 1 at flightsafety DFW, and 2 now at HOU flightsafety.

HOU was fun, not sure if it still is since the hotel has supposedly changed.

Iflythe72
10-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Is there a period of home study for the CBTs?

Yes. I had a week and a half for CBTís last winter

402FreightDog
10-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the info.

wiz5422
10-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Non training days 24th,25th &26th followed by 31st, 1st & 2nd.

wiz5422
10-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Per diem depends on base. If DFW base no per diem for CA upgrades believe 16 hours a day for new hires.

Houpilot2001
10-17-2018, 02:15 AM
Per diem depends on base. If DFW base no per diem for CA upgrades believe 16 hours a day for new hires.

Gotta love no per diem for us Dallas folk.

Cyio
10-17-2018, 03:09 AM
Gotta love no per diem for us Dallas folk.

Yeah the company really needs to change this policy as it effects the same people when it comes to getting a hotel room in base during long sits. If you are in base, you get nothing, regardless of whether you live on the other side of the country.

Just because you are based in DFW doesn't mean you live there.

CaptJackSparrow
10-17-2018, 06:20 AM
Yeah the company really needs to change this policy as it effects the same people when it comes to getting a hotel room in base during long sits. If you are in base, you get nothing, regardless of whether you live on the other side of the country.

Just because you are based in DFW doesn't mean you live there.

Couple years ago when I was DFW based and commuting they got me a hotel for my recurrents. I just had to call the training department and request a hotel. Not sure if they changed it or if itís different for long term now.

Houpilot2001
10-17-2018, 06:36 AM
Couple years ago when I was DFW based and commuting they got me a hotel for my recurrents. I just had to call the training department and request a hotel. Not sure if they changed it or if itís different for long term now.

That's the point, they will give you a hotel bit not per diem since your technically based here.

Dont get me wrong the hotel is nice but that's a lot of money you're leaving on the table with the missing perdiem.

RawHide
10-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Itís 24 hours a day of Perdiem. Only new hires get the 16 hours.

Houpilot2001
10-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Itís 24 hours a day of Perdiem. Only new hires get the 16 hours.

F*( |< me. That's even worse.maybe I'll base transfer to ord for training and then come back. Lol

SilentLurker
10-17-2018, 08:02 AM
F*( |< me. That's even worse.maybe I'll base transfer to ord for training and then come back. Lol

Base transfers seems to be the movement I see many doing. Once the way around is figured out, the masses follow.

I saw a lot of DFW guys bid ORD, then base transfer after training back to DFW. Slight inconvenience but money should not be left on the table.

pitchattitude
10-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Wow, so no per diem for DFW based. I guess one would have to base transfer BEFORE the upgrade bid to make that work?

How about the sims? I guess DFW guys try to get the HOU sims. How are sims assigned?

NoValueAviator
10-17-2018, 01:25 PM
lmao

I wonder if they let those guys in training get 145 DFW specifically to screw them out of per diem.

It's pretty obvious they're dumping unwanted NH FO's on 145 ORD instead of LGA to avoid buying them 3 months of hotels, so it's not totally farfetched.

havick206
10-17-2018, 02:35 PM
lmao

I wonder if they let those guys in training get 145 DFW specifically to screw them out of per diem.

It's pretty obvious they're dumping unwanted NH FO's on 145 ORD instead of LGA to avoid buying them 3 months of hotels, so it's not totally farfetched.

Did you look at the line projections from RWís email?

LGA is decreasing lines and ORD and DFW increasing lines on the 145.

Company is almost entirely focused on keeping schedule integrity, as such itís obvious they are frontloading new hires based off line projections and info from AA flight file.

Cyio
10-18-2018, 03:32 AM
Did you look at the line projections from RWís email?

LGA is decreasing lines and ORD and DFW increasing lines on the 145.

Company is almost entirely focused on keeping schedule integrity, as such itís obvious they are frontloading new hires based off line projections and info from AA flight file.
Yeah this is clearly the reason for the 145 ORD moves. They want to keep schedule integrity up so we can keep getting more and more flying from AA.

havick206
10-18-2018, 04:38 AM
Yeah this is clearly the reason for the 145 ORD moves. They want to keep schedule integrity up so we can keep getting more and more flying from AA.

I just wonder if PDT will be able to take more airframes. Theyíre struggling to staff the ones they currently have. I wouldnít be surprised if it takes them much longer to accept more aircraft off us as we take the TSA planes back.

AA isnít going to send airframes somewhere to just sit around idle. I wouldnít be surprised if we end up doing a bunch of the extra flying for a while longer until PDT catches up.

E175 Driver
10-18-2018, 05:44 AM
Would someone post or PM the training foot print for a 145 LT? Flow plan looks like about 9 weeks. Does that include IOE? Start just before Christmas. Any ideas what days are non training days? Just Christmas and New Year’s Day? 16 hours of per diem daily? Same hotel as NH and recurrent? Where are the sims, AA Academy?

TIA

Swayne is editing his latest video on this. Stay tuned!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1