Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : A330 Payload Q

cesnacaptn
10-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Is it likely an A330-200 will have weight restrictions on a 12 hour flight (blocked at 12:45)?

FMGEC
10-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Is it likely an A330-200 will have weight restrictions on a 12 hour flight (blocked at 12:45)?

Well- the answer you’re not going to like is- “Depends on a lot of factors.”

Using your word “Likely”... I’d venture to say the odds are usually the -200 is NOT limited. But there are exceptions that are not uncommon.

Depends on the destination/alternates needed.
Depends on the fuel load.
Depends on the amount of freight.
And a big factor is, depends on the company flying the plane, and the efficiency of their W&B system

I’ve been load limited on a leg, then the next week flying the same leg I was not.

cesnacaptn
10-17-2018, 07:55 PM
Your answer helps a lot. I think we’ll try for earlier flights with a stop, rather than the sketchy last nonstop flight out of town.

Name User
10-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Your answer helps a lot. I think we’ll try for earlier flights with a stop, rather than the sketchy last nonstop flight out of town.

In general that is a good rule to follow as a non-rev.

badflaps
10-18-2018, 04:13 PM

After a whiile you will find yourself standing by for the first one out of the chute.:D

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1