Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Soapy......at it again!

motorclutch
10-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Guess what this ringmaster of the clown show did this time .....he screwed every employee , excluding his pilots, to the tune of 19% in medical monthly premiums. I wonder if he excluded himself from the major hit?

nitefr8dog
10-23-2018, 04:41 PM
Guess what this ringmaster of the clown show did this time .....he screwed every employee , excluding his pilots, to the tune of 19% in medical monthly premiums. I wonder if he excluded himself from the major hit?
And you wonder why they can't keep anybody around..

woog315
10-23-2018, 06:42 PM
*delete please!*

woog315
10-23-2018, 06:42 PM
Hey how about don't start a thread every time someone farts in the ABX head office- no one cares. It's a garbage company and they don't deserve any attention

nitefr8dog
10-24-2018, 02:46 AM
Hey how about don't start a thread every time someone farts in the ABX head office- no one cares. It's a garbage company and they don't deserve any attention
Made you commit.....agree or disagree thats the whole idea.

Is there such a thing...head office? It's more like a kindergarten playground with the strategizing and planning that goes on around here.

motorclutch
10-24-2018, 05:05 AM
Consider your comments woog. This company has some pretty good people working there who have just lost 19% percent of their earning power. Consider that when and if you ever get furloughed, fired,or sick. It does happen lad.

Almost There
10-24-2018, 07:06 AM

The people who are now paying 19% more in premiums care.

It's the garbage management who doesn't care.

gumpscheck
10-24-2018, 08:33 AM

He is probably looking for ways to turn every ABX employee against the pilot group in the event of a pilot pay increase.

nitefr8dog
10-24-2018, 09:49 AM
He is probably looking for ways to turn every ABX employee against the pilot group in the event of a pilot pay increase.
"in the event of a pilot pay increase"
I am guessing we all know that will never happen...

DaRaiders
10-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Damn. I saw the topic of this thread and thought it was going to be about Bangkok layovers.

4runner
10-24-2018, 11:01 AM
ABX is the opposite of a garbage compant. ABX was THE place to go for a long time. The only garbage at abx is the management and pilots that hope the company fails or loses flying, so that they may get some of the scraps. Hyenas always sniff around lions, they hope to get some of its leftovers.

tomgoodman
10-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Damn. I saw the topic of this thread and thought it was going to be about Bangkok layovers.

I thought it was going to be about Skagway layovers. :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=soapy+smith&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgdii=7yvViIoOnVUs-M:&imgrc=om_6I7fE-sUUTM:

point432
10-24-2018, 12:53 PM
I thought it was going to be about Skagway layovers. :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=soapy+smith&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgdii=7yvViIoOnVUs-M:&imgrc=om_6I7fE-sUUTM:

Theyre related through marriage actually. [emoji57] So anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumpscheck
10-24-2018, 04:23 PM
"in the event of a pilot pay increase"
I am guessing we all know that will never happen...

I know you are right but one can always wish. Heck; I still believe in Santa!! 😬

cargowarrior
10-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Ouch, they are already underpaid and understaffed. What a great way to add insult to injury.

MarkThyme
10-24-2018, 11:29 PM
This company has some pretty good people working there who have just lost 19% percent of their earning power.

Your logic is faulty. Unless they took a 19% pay cut, nobody lost 19% of their earning power. Their medical insurance premiums went up by 19%. There's a difference.

In the current environment of rapidly rising health insurance premiums, this should hardly come as a shock to anyone. No company but maybe a very few will absorb cost increases like that.

We all know how you dearly love to bash Soaper, but it's difficult to lay this one on him.

No Land 3
10-25-2018, 02:52 AM
Your logic is faulty. Unless they took a 19% pay cut, nobody lost 19% of their earning power. Their medical insurance premiums went up by 19%. There's a difference.

In the current environment of rapidly rising health insurance premiums, this should hardly come as a shock to anyone. No company but maybe a very few will absorb cost increases like that.

We all know how you dearly love to bash Soaper, but it's difficult to lay this one on him.

A penny saved is a penny earned... Your point is invalid.

BluePAX
10-25-2018, 06:02 AM

Atlas didn't raise premiums for 2019...

cargowarrior
10-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Atlas didn't raise premiums for 2019...

Not defending the Soap all too much, however when I was in Ops, the Healthcare across all the companies (ABX,LGSTX, Airbourn, ATI, CAM, Penco) were managed by ATSG. The larger the group the better rate, but pocket the savings here to buy Omni. So I lay this at JH feet. Im sure Soap is on some executive plan.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1