Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest v.3.0

WesternSkies
10-24-2018, 07:21 AM
DFW is already about the same size as LGA. :eek:

Oma4545
10-24-2018, 11:18 AM
DFW is already about the same size as LGA. :eek:

Everything Iíve read suggests it should be about 100 to 110 crew members in each seat by spring. Which Iím hoping for since I moved here to upgrade and not be on reserve. Three years at the company

misterpretzel
10-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Any specific reason that DTW always is so junior (other than Detroit being Detroit)? I'm considering skywest for the future and it seems like DTW would be the best for career progression

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

WesternSkies
10-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Any specific reason that DTW always is so junior (other than Detroit being Detroit)? I'm considering skywest for the future and it seems like DTW would be the best for career progression

There isn't anything specifically bad about DTW as it has matured. New bases typically run more junior plus there is Chicago next door that pulls in pilots for its better commuting options and generally more efficient flying. The flying legs are typically shorter as that is the nature of Delta flying out of DTW. Meaning a lot of cities around Detroit are only 1-1.5 hours of flying away. The flying is about 50/50 50 to 7/900 flying which most see as a benefit and a big change from when it was mostly 200 flying.
Even people who are already here flying slip in to correlating a junior base as "bad". In reality living in a junior base is amazing* (I think the NY market is an outlier due to cost and traffic.)

misterpretzel
10-26-2018, 06:49 AM
There isn't anything specifically bad about DTW as it has matured. New bases typically run more junior plus there is Chicago next door that pulls in pilots for its better commuting options and generally more efficient flying. The flying legs are typically shorter as that is the nature of Delta flying out of DTW. Meaning a lot of cities around Detroit are only 1-1.5 hours of flying away. The flying is about 50/50 50 to 7/900 flying which most see as a benefit and a big change from when it was mostly 200 flying.
Even people who are already here flying slip in to correlating a junior base as "bad". In reality living in a junior base is amazing* (I think the NY market is an outlier due to cost and traffic.)Yeah I figured as a single dude with not much baggage, I might as well move to a junior base even if QOL or whatever might be a little worse... At least reserve should theoretically be less

hawk21
10-26-2018, 07:56 AM
Yet they're only adding a tea spoon of pilots to the list for December. Wtf

amcnd
10-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Yet they're only adding a tea spoon of pilots to the list for December. Wtf

?? Class of 33 CRJ going on right now.. with another class of 35 starting next week.. Not sure what your referring too?? Maybe the DVR? That doesnít reflect NHís

hawk21
10-26-2018, 09:25 AM
?? Class of 33 CRJ going on right now.. with another class of 35 starting next week.. Not sure what your referring too?? Maybe the DVR? That doesnít reflect NHís

I'm talking about DFW.

Champeen07
10-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Looking into Skywest as a way to get some 121 time to attract the majors. Live in DFW and don't want to commute at all. I see its a CRJ only base, so is that possible to bid for in training? And it looks like about 6 months to DFW as a CRJ FO? How about once I upgrade? Any chance of still staying in DFW once that happens?

Also forgot to mention, Im currently typed in the ERJ. Any chance this has a bearing on what equipment I get in training?

Thanks.

amcnd
10-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Currently CA DFW is 8/15 hire date for most jr Captain. FO should be as soon as IOE completion.. In the interview tell them you want CRJ...

WesternSkies
10-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Any rumors on new agreements for todayís conference call?

amcnd
10-30-2018, 12:11 PM
They don't often announce new agreements on the financial call...

hawk21
10-30-2018, 01:15 PM
They don't often announce new agreements on the financial call...

Correct but it seems like most major announcements during my time here has been around the week following calls. I've never seen anything major announced before an earnings call.

amcnd
10-30-2018, 03:50 PM
^they did announce this..

SkyWest Airlines announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year extension with United Airlines ("United") for 60 CRJ-200s currently under a capacity purchase agreement. These 60 aircraft originally had various contract maturities over the next few years.

hawk21
10-30-2018, 05:04 PM
^they did announce this..

SkyWest Airlines announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year extension with United Airlines ("United") for 60 CRJ-200s currently under a capacity purchase agreement. These 60 aircraft originally had various contract maturities over the next few years.

I was late to the call. Didn't hear that one.

WesternSkies
10-31-2018, 07:40 AM
I thought it was interesting that the United 175 deal that is to be have airplanes flying by this spring hasnít yet been finalized to announce on this call. They deferred the question when asked. I also enjoyed the direct question on why did we need to up pay mid-contract if there wasnít a pilot problem. The round about answer was to attract better pilots and staff for growth opportunities.
Interestingly all of our increase in compensation is ďbaked inĒ to the contracts.
I like that we are paying down debt but that also means the delivery of fresh 175s is coming to a hault soon.

savedbythevnav
10-31-2018, 11:25 AM
I like that we are paying down debt but that also means the delivery of fresh 175s is coming to a hault soon.

Unless mainline budges on scope (which I highly, highly doubt) 175 deliveries are done.

That all being said, UA really wants ALPA back at the table to scrape something together in 2019. They clearly want something (spoiler alert: it's scope). I'm sure their pilots know better, but that hasn't stopped them in the past.

amcnd
10-31-2018, 11:57 AM
Unless mainline budges on scope (which I highly, highly doubt) 175 deliveries are done.

That all being said, UA really wants ALPA back at the table to scrape something together in 2019. They clearly want something (spoiler alert: it's scope). I'm sure their pilots know better, but that hasn't stopped them in the past.

There is a lot more airlines out there then UA... and if you listened to the call you can see they think more regionals may fail or not be able to get there contracts renewed. Seems thatís already in play with UA and DL...

hawk21
10-31-2018, 12:41 PM
There is a lot more airlines out there then UA... and if you listened to the call you can see they think more regionals may fail or not be able to get there contracts renewed. Seems thatís already in play with UA and DL...

I'm going out on a limb here (/s) but I bet SkyWest wants those Compass contracts. Both Delta and AA.

amcnd
10-31-2018, 01:46 PM
I'm going out on a limb here (/s) but I bet SkyWest wants those Compass contracts. Both Delta and AA.

So Does Republic and Mesa..

RickRoss
11-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Of course itís good for mainline to offer more flying, but for those of us who are not yet eligible for Mama D. Is the A220 (109seat 3class) going to have a negative impact on our operation? And how do you see this shaping out in the future?

saxman66
11-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Of course itís good for mainline to offer more flying, but for those of us who are not yet eligible for Mama D. Is the A220 (109seat 3class) going to have a negative impact on our operation? And how do you see this shaping out in the future?

This question gets asked all the time, and I'm not sure why. SKW has a contract for x number of airframes for a period of time. We're not going to park airplanes just because big Delta is bringing on another aircraft type. It just means the routes we fly shift around. But the routes we get shift around almost daily already. They have for years. In other words, no. Don't worry about it.

threeighteen
11-09-2018, 10:55 PM

If things follow the CRJ model from time past, you are correct, the delivery of "fresh" 175s is nearing the end, but SkyWest will likely start taking deliveries of "less fresh" but much cheaper 175s from the desert. They might have CZ or other tail numbers on them. Who knows?

Melit
11-10-2018, 04:58 AM
If things follow the CRJ model from time past, you are correct, the delivery of "fresh" 175s is nearing the end, but SkyWest will likely start taking deliveries of "less fresh" but much cheaper 175s from the desert. They might have CZ or other tail numbers on them. Who knows?

UA has 25 up for grabs....

word302
11-10-2018, 05:59 AM
UA has 25 up for grabs....

You do realize 20 of those are spoken for?

Melit
11-10-2018, 06:14 AM

You're guessing XJET right? where is the announcement? How can they staff them? So no they are not spoken for... Hell Mesa or Republic could find a home for them too.

amcnd
11-10-2018, 07:13 AM

If you listen to the Inc earnings call. They were asked by a investment group about the UA E175 RFP. There answer didnít seem to solidify they were ďspoken forĒ. Made it sound more like itís in UAís court.. If you think Mesa/Republic/Compass are just sitting by and letting XJT get them your blind...

MongoLikeCandy
11-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Hey guys. Iím scheduled to interview tomorrow morning with SkyWest. Iíve read over most of the material that was sent with the interview invitation. Do you guys have any advice for prep, or things to focus heavier on, other than what was sent with the invitation? Thanks guys.

chitolin
11-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Hey guys. Iím scheduled to interview tomorrow morning with SkyWest. Iíve read over most of the material that was sent with the interview invitation. Do you guys have any advice for prep, or things to focus heavier on, other than what was sent with the invitation? Thanks guys.Just relax, be yourself, they are out to get you in. Fog that mirror and welcome on board

Sent from my CRO-L03 using Tapatalk

Check Complete
11-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Hey guys. Iím scheduled to interview tomorrow morning with SkyWest. Iíve read over most of the material that was sent with the interview invitation. Do you guys have any advice for prep, or things to focus heavier on, other than what was sent with the invitation? Thanks guys.

Pretty sure as long as you don't play with yourself during the interview you"ll be in the next class...

savedbythevnav
11-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Look up the interview gouge on Will Fly For Food. It's interestingly similar to the exact documentation the interview team uses ;)

hawk21
11-12-2018, 03:50 PM

Chill out and be friendly to everyone including those interviewing with you.

peepz
11-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Bump.

Hopefully peeps can use this for questions instead of a new thread for every question. This is the main thread lol

ninerdriver
11-28-2018, 04:38 AM
Bump.

Hopefully peeps can use this for questions instead of a new thread for every question. This is the main thread lol

Apparently, only peepz can use this instead of a new thread for every question.

I was seriously tempted to start a new thread asking whether I should start a new thread for questions, but... nah. :D

93Sierra
11-28-2018, 05:34 AM
Anyone gone through training lately and heard any good new rumors? Bases opening or closing?

peepz
11-28-2018, 07:06 AM
Anyone gone through training lately and heard any good new rumors? Bases opening or closing?

Nope. Bump.

People are drooling for SEA flying is all I heard.

rickair7777
11-28-2018, 07:12 AM
Nope. Bump.

People are drooling for SEA flying is all I heard.

Yeah I met a guy who was commuting from SEA to SAN... to go to work :confused:

That's pretty senior when people have to commute from there to SAN to work.

hawk21
11-28-2018, 12:53 PM

I'm in recurrent right now. Nothing at all spreading around. Last year DFW was floating around when I took my MV/LOE. Haven't heard a peep from anyone.

peepz
12-12-2018, 02:55 AM
Hearing rumors about a meeting 1/30 in SEA.

Whatís the word?

amcnd
12-12-2018, 05:18 AM
Hearing rumors about a meeting 1/30 in SEA.

Whatís the word?

Normal base meeting....

peepz
12-12-2018, 05:19 AM
Normal base meeting....

With all the big wigs coming? Doesnít sound normal to me.

amcnd
12-12-2018, 05:35 AM
With all the big wigs coming? Doesnít sound normal to me.

The CP up there is really active with getting leadership up there. Itís normal, nothing to see.. and probably half the listed people will actually show up. More of a Alaska Airlines style deal. They do this also..

RickRoss
12-12-2018, 05:43 AM
JA sent out an email to anyone with a standing bid for Seattle inviting them to come to the meeting. In the email he clearly stated that the CRJ was not coming back ďbut the information shared at the base meeting may change your bidding strategy.Ē This doesnít sound like a normal meeting to me, something is happening +/-

Normal base meeting....

amcnd
12-12-2018, 05:48 AM
That was the last meeting. They want to keep everyone informed.. i know they are working on more PNW flying. Few extra aircraft from the AS birds that were doing LGA/DCA.. this one wonít be as doom and gloom..

Coriolis147
12-12-2018, 09:27 AM
JA sent out an email to anyone with a standing bid for Seattle inviting them to come to the meeting. In the email he clearly stated that the CRJ was not coming back ďbut the information shared at the base meeting may change your bidding strategy.Ē This doesnít sound like a normal meeting to me, something is happening +/-

Neither the email nor the attached flyer mention the CRJ or that the information shared may change your bidding.

domino
12-13-2018, 09:12 AM
That was the last meeting. They want to keep everyone informed.. i know they are working on more PNW flying. Few extra aircraft from the AS birds that were doing LGA/DCA.. this one wonít be as doom and gloom..

Is it June or July the base closes? I canít remember which one they mentioned last year.

Tippy
12-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Is it June or July the base closes? I can’t remember which one they mentioned last year.

Its way too early to mention closing. Most the AS jets still have ten years or more on the contract. At worst we are looking at years of stagnation. But there is chatter of minor PNW growth. Im not super optimistic.

amcnd
12-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Is it June or July the base closes? I canít remember which one they mentioned last year.

What base are you talking about??? SEA? Thatbase didn't close... just no CRJís there..

93Sierra
12-13-2018, 09:21 PM
Stocks taking a dump, good for the esp

Claxstarr
12-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Stocks taking a dump, good for the esp

Just saw that yesterday... I didn't see any news stories floating around.
What is going on to make the SKYW stock drop 18% so quickly?

peepz
12-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Just saw that yesterday... I didn't see any news stories floating around.
What is going on to make the SKYW stock drop 18% so quickly?

Small cap stocks overall have seen a tremendous increase over the year. A correction is perfectly normal...

Also the market is very anxious right now.

amcnd
12-14-2018, 07:01 AM
This isnít a OO isolated thing. The stock market is down, trade fears, oil worries, ect..

Cefiro
12-14-2018, 08:47 AM
Have you looked at the stock market in general?

Claxstarr
12-14-2018, 04:19 PM
gotcha, I figured it was just following suit with the rest of the market but you never know.

jcullen4
12-15-2018, 05:17 AM
Anyone else take forever to get a response after an interview. I interviewed over two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I emailed my recruiter 10 days after the interview and she said my app. was under further review and I will hear back from her at the beginning of this week...and I never heard a thing. Is this SOP here at SW? Most of the gouges I read said people were getting offers only days after the interview. I can't think of anything that went wrong in the interview--in fact, I thought it went great. The pilot interviewing me said he would definitely be recommending me for hire. Maybe it's because of the holiday season?

domino
12-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Anyone else take forever to get a response after an interview. I interviewed over two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I emailed my recruiter 10 days after the interview and she said my app. was under further review and I will hear back from her at the beginning of this week...and I never heard a thing. Is this SOP here at SW? Most of the gouges I read said people were getting offers only days after the interview. I can't think of anything that went wrong in the interview--in fact, I thought it went great. The pilot interviewing me said he would definitely be recommending me for hire. Maybe it's because of the holiday season?

Sounds suspect. Most offers come quick. Holidays not here yet. ďUnder reviewĒ is code for we are still thinking about it. Fingers crossed. Good luck.

jcullen4
12-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Sounds suspect. Most offers come quick. Holidays not here yet. ďUnder reviewĒ is code for we are still thinking about it. Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Thought that might be the case. That's honestly quite surprising, not to sound arrogant.

domino
12-15-2018, 11:28 AM
Thought that might be the case. That's honestly quite surprising, not to sound arrogant.

You could try email again. Who knows what they are doing. Hopefully you get a class date soon.

trip
12-15-2018, 01:53 PM

Start executing plan B.

jcullen4
12-15-2018, 01:54 PM
:eek: dang Start executing plan B.

domino
12-15-2018, 09:33 PM
:eek: dang

Good news is everyone is hiring and pretty much anyone with less than 3 felonies can get hired

Rodger Wilco
12-18-2018, 06:16 AM

You know what I had the same thing happen to me back in 2014 when I was hired.
I was sweating bullets, everyone from my interview class had heard back from them. I had an interview with QX in a week and didn't know what to tell them if they offered me a job. After 10 days I sent an email and heard back with a CRJ class offer within a few hours.

Im not sure if they forgot about me, were on the fence about me, or maybe didn't know what aircraft to place me in.

Send an email, don't assume that they don't want you.
My experience is that if they were going to say no thanks they would have done it by now.
I can say that the hiring/training department is completely swamped right now, they are hiring like crazy.

93Sierra
12-18-2018, 07:01 AM
Well inc got 70million for xjet and they get the 175s

sn00p
12-18-2018, 07:31 AM
Well inc got 70million for xjet and they get the 175s

They get first priority on the next 25.

Expressjet is getting the first 25 SCs for UAL.

domino
12-18-2018, 07:41 AM

Expressjet is getting the first 25 SCs for UAL.

Shoot. I knew I should have gone to expressjet. Now Iíll never get to UA. The pilot feed to United from Xjet is a great deal for them.

Check Complete
12-18-2018, 07:56 AM
The Chipster had mentioned the possible sale back at a sim instructor meeting when they were trying to have the pay package pushed through.

Someone mentioned it was a bad idea to sell away what is basically now a competitor?

Never underestimate the power of greed!

How much did it cost to buy them?

hawk21
12-18-2018, 08:12 AM
The Chipster had mentioned the possible sale back at a sim instructor meeting when they were trying to have the pay package pushed through.

Someone mentioned it was a bad idea to sell away what is basically now a competitor?

Never underestimate the power of greed!

How much did it cost to buy them?

It cost way more to buy them than what we sold them for. I think I saw someone mention over 100 million.

Hou757
12-18-2018, 08:19 AM
It cost way more to buy them than what we sold them for. I think I saw someone mention over 100 million.

130 million was the purchase price. Sold for 70 million.

KaiserSoze
12-18-2018, 09:18 AM

Yes, but don't kid yourself. SKYW pulled out almost 4 times that in cash over the past 8 years. They didn't lose a penny.

Edit.. To be fair, my statement above includes ASA too.

Check Complete
12-18-2018, 09:20 AM

I'm sure they told themselves "it was worth it just to get rid of those pesky unions"!

VoiceOfReason
12-18-2018, 09:20 AM

That's a solid return...

http://condoandloft.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/3.gif

ninerdriver
12-18-2018, 12:06 PM

...or 25 used 700s once G7 goes bust. All that the press release specified was 25 dual-class aircraft.

hawk21
12-18-2018, 12:37 PM
...or 25 used 700s once G7 goes bust. All that the press release specified was 25 dual-class aircraft.

I donít think United wants the 700s around much longer unless itís for mountain flying. I think anything new we see is 175s.

domino
12-18-2018, 08:52 PM
I donít think United wants the 700s around much longer unless itís for mountain flying. I think anything new we see is 175s.

Correct. 175s. All of which will go to Xjet. Finally some good news for them.

Melit
12-19-2018, 03:30 AM
Correct. 175s. All of which will go to Xjet. Finally some good news for them.

Your reading comprehension is a failure

amcnd
12-19-2018, 04:44 AM
My bet is UA drops all CRJ 700ís (minus the 19 ASE 700ís) and replaces them with E175SCís

JuniorFO
12-19-2018, 05:13 AM
That's a solid return...

http://condoandloft.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/3.gif

That's a good price to purchase your biggest competition and absorb most of their market share.

Melit
12-19-2018, 04:27 PM
That's a good price to purchase your biggest competition and absorb most of their market share.

How much are the gates in ATL worth that OO controls?

BLURCEO
12-20-2018, 04:54 AM
How much are the gates in ATL worth that OO controls?

0 dollars since Delta owns them.

amcnd
12-20-2018, 04:57 AM

Check your facts....

Sculprit
12-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Check your facts....

x2. .

Melit
12-20-2018, 01:40 PM

WOW you are out of touch. You must be new

chitolin
01-31-2019, 03:46 AM
0 comments on our beloved RJ ďitís been an honorĒ farewell letter. Come on people. Thatís pretty sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFAYD
01-31-2019, 05:14 AM
0 comments on our beloved RJ ďitís been an honorĒ farewell letter. Come on people. Thatís pretty sad

So what is RJ gonna do? Get a medical and fly again or retire for good?

And does anyone think that it will be better with AA?

TFAYD

chitolin
01-31-2019, 05:28 AM
So what is RJ gonna do? Get a medical and fly again or retire for good?

And does anyone think that it will be better with AA?

TFAYD

Sounds like he has a management gig lined up. He would hate being the number 1 bid avoid guy.

rickair7777
01-31-2019, 06:03 AM
Sounds like he has a management gig lined up. He would hate being the number 1 bid avoid guy.

Did he get voted out, or quit?

If he goes to management, you guys need a five-year non-compete clause for SAPA reps.

chitolin
01-31-2019, 06:13 AM

If he goes to management, you guys need a five-year non-compete clause for SAPA reps.

Election was January 17th I believe. All reps but one showed their support for the other candidate and RJ decided to step down. AA was the other one. And soon to be SAPA President

TFAYD
01-31-2019, 06:35 AM

So that is the pay off for selling out the pilot group? Nice!

TFAYD
01-31-2019, 06:37 AM

He was effectively voted out. All SAPA reps supported AA - even some former guys who have since left.

Pretty embarrassing for RJ ....

savedbythevnav
01-31-2019, 07:13 AM

I prefer the term ďb*tched outĒ

Couldnít even handle the embarrassment in front of the pilot group. Hope he knows how TTG likes his coffee.

Check Complete
02-01-2019, 08:56 PM
I wonder if RJ had any financial gain from Harvey Waat insurance, that was sold hard and was total garbage!

rickair7777
02-02-2019, 12:38 PM
I wonder if RJ had any financial gain from Harvey Waat insurance, that was sold hard and was total garbage!

How is it garbage?

Check Complete
02-02-2019, 02:11 PM
It basically says in the 54 page contract that if there is any possible way you or your spouse can derive any income, you are not getting a cent. Basically if your single and go into a coma, they might pay. Interestingly the contract Harvey and Waat has with Expressjet is 6 pages long, Fedex is 9 pages, and yes ours is 54 pages of basic exclusions.

Our former prez said it was the greatest thing on earth until someone really dug into it. And taking his word without fully investigating it myself, totally my fault, Iwent all in.

As always the devil is in the details, unfortunately the devil in this case may have been RJ?

wrxpilot
02-02-2019, 02:22 PM
It basically says in the 54 page contract that if there is any possible way you or your spouse can derive any income, you are not getting a cent. Basically if your single and go into a coma, they might pay. Interestingly the contract Harvey and Waat has with Expressjet is 6 pages long, Fedex is 9 pages, and yes ours is 54 pages of basic exclusions.

Our former prez said it was the greatest thing on earth until someone really dug into it. And taking his word without fully investigating it myself, totally my fault, Iwent all in.

As always the devil is in the details, unfortunately the devil in this case may have been RJ?

Just curious, how do they say one might derive income? Is it based on what kind of education you have/employability?

rickair7777
02-02-2019, 03:28 PM

I read it carefully. It seemed to be "own profession" protection, ie I was NOT required to go back to work in some other capacity. If I did choose to do that, then the benefit was partially offset (normal for this kind of thing).

I also recall that my military retirement was not offset, that was important since I wasn't going to pay full rate for insurance only to have my benefit massively reduced by my other income.

I also recall rental income WOULD have offset the benefit if I read it correctly. In my case, I would have had to sell the rental property and put the proceeds in an IRA. I'd lose some portfolio diversity doing that. I think that was the biggest gotcha.

These plans have to have the offset provision, otherwise far too many people would just go out on disability as a form of early retirement, get another full time job, and make out like a bandit. I recall one guy complaining on the sapa forums about the plan provisions and it finally became apparent that was exactly what he wanted to do... :rolleyes:

But the best part is you can drop the plan if you don't like it.

skiK2
02-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Huge waste of $ for anyone that is healthy, not fat, and a solid family history of health. If I were young and had all three of these things, I still wouldnít buy it till the age of 50.

rickair7777
02-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Huge waste of $ for anyone that is healthy, not fat, and a solid family history of health. If I were young and had all three of these things, I still wouldn’t buy it till the age of 50.

Depends on your circumstances.

Young... you're probably going to WANT to get a new career (or go back to the old one), still have time to climb the ladder and would probably be bored otherwise. In that case normal LTD will probably bridge the transition, no point in paying for LoL.

At some point, you don't want to start all over just to break even financially. Eventually you'd just rather call it good, maybe get a low-key/low-pay fulfillment job and rely on LoL to make up the difference.

The typical inflection point is probably around 50, but could vary quite a bit depending on the individual.

sn00p
02-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Bump

Filler

Dashdrvr
02-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Harvey Watts is a mediocre product if you have no other option. Its very expensive and doesn't pay as well as others.
The best way to go is have your union sponsor and administer a plan through a company such as Hartford. In this instance premiums are based on a rating within that pilot group. The best I can figure Harvey Watts rates across the industry. There are still lots of old pilots out there drawing benefits through Harvey Watts keeping premiums high. Skywest, as far as I can see has a very young age wise pilot group. Your premiums should be half of what you are paying now.

peepz
02-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Bump

Filler

peepz
02-08-2019, 04:10 AM
Bump

Filler

Bump

Filler

sn00p
02-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Bump

Filler

peepz
02-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Bump

Filler.

word302
02-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Gentleman. Can you please move these bumps to their own individual threads where they belong?

trip
02-09-2019, 04:43 AM
Iím not sure what theyíre looking for. If you want to read the plan itís in your tablet. Itís insurance, if you want insurance, buy it from HW or get a plan on your own. Itíll cost you about a four day trips pay a year for 67% of you pre-dis earnings. After year two if your making more then when you were disabled (not you wife) it rolls back some.

sn00p
02-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump

:D

8ballfreight
02-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Is the 50-seater returning to IAH for now because United is growing 50 seaters there or because a 50 seater regional is struggling?

savedbythevnav
02-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Is the 50-seater returning to IAH for now because United is growing 50 seaters there or because a 50 seater regional is struggling?

According to our last scheduling report, it's because we're picking up flying for other regionals that cannot staff theirs. It's being crewed out of ORD/DEN rather than IAH crews since they don't think it'll be permanent as of now.

93Sierra
02-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Quick question, did a repo yesterday and on the deadhead back the UA gate agent asked if we were positive space or must ride. Capt and I stated positive space and we didnít get on, called cs and they were confused as well. Whats must ride?

flynd94
02-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Quick question, did a repo yesterday and on the deadhead back the UA gate agent asked if we were positive space or must ride. Capt and I stated positive space and we didnít get on, called cs and they were confused as well. Whats must ride?

Must ride means that gate agent has to remove revenue passengers to get you on. Generally if the UA world you are not a ďmust rideĒ if itís the last leg to your domicile

Cefiro
02-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Must ride means that gate agent has to remove revenue passengers to get you on. Generally if the UA world you are not a ďmust rideĒ if itís the last leg to your domicile

Not sure where this is written, but Iíve always been under the impression must ride if youíre working revenue flights afterwards.....IE schedule disruption if you donít make it on. But, if youíre just going home then just regular positive space.

Simpsons
02-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Not sure where this is written, but Iíve always been under the impression must ride if youíre working revenue flights afterwards.....IE schedule disruption if you donít make it on. But, if youíre just going home then just regular positive space.
I had that happen once on a repo into SFO as well. Missed my first deadhead and got rebooked on another one that I wasn't checked in on. Flight was oversold and CS was just about to get me a hotel when a couple seats opened up and I ended up making it.

Champeen07
02-18-2019, 12:19 PM
I have an interview coming up soon. They sent me a list of things covered in the interview, but its basically everything related to flying. Is there anything that they hit really hard? Jepp charts, TMAAT, stuff like that? Also, does everyone wear a suit or do they prefer a pilot uniform? Thanks

hawk21
02-18-2019, 12:21 PM
I have an interview coming up soon. They sent me a list of things covered in the interview, but its basically everything related to flying. Is there anything that they hit really hard? Jepp charts, TMAAT, stuff like that? Also, does everyone wear a suit or do they prefer a pilot uniform? Thanks

Please donít wear a pilot uniform to an interview. Suit and tie. www.aviationinterviews.com is all you need. Good luck.

savedbythevnav
02-18-2019, 03:53 PM

Know your Jepp's. The gouges online are pretty spot on and will help guide your study well. WillFlyForFood or Aviation Interviews are both excellent websites.

Be relaxed and for the love of God please do not wear a uniform.

Champeen07
02-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Ok great thanks. For the record, I never planned on wearing a uniform, but heard someone mention something about wearing a pilot uniform to a pilot interview and thought I would ask. I thought it was weird myself.

savedbythevnav
02-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Ok great thanks. For the record, I never planned on wearing a uniform, but heard someone mention something about wearing a pilot uniform to a pilot interview and thought I would ask. I thought it was weird myself.

SkyWest is a very conservative airline, so keep your dress conservative and simple. Probably the least concerning thing honestly, but yes, there are weird people out there.

If you're prepared, you'll do great. They want to hire you and they want the whole experience to be a positive one.

Skyhawk121
02-19-2019, 07:49 AM

Wore a suit to my interview and so did the other three guys interviewing that day.

savedbythevnav
02-23-2019, 10:22 AM
Bump

Filler.

word302
02-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Bump

Filler.

Why would anyone post here when they can just start a new thread with their question that has likely already been asked and answered in this thread?

peepz
02-24-2019, 11:26 AM
Bump

Filler

savedbythevnav
02-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Why would anyone post here when they can just start a new thread with their question that has likely already been asked and answered in this thread?

Wrong forum. Please reply in a new thread.

peepz
02-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Wrong forum. Please reply in a new thread.

I just keep hoping I see DEN growth for ERJ, because New York sucks. All these newbies who think they should be captains when they have 40 hours in the plane :D

Good times, especially seeing a new thread everyday about when can I upgrade and they havenít even passed initial yet

RegionalRetread
02-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Good times, especially seeing a new thread everyday about when can I upgrade and they havenít even passed initial yet

When can I upgrade? I plan on applying next week. :D

peepz
02-24-2019, 05:34 PM
When can I upgrade? I plan on applying next week. :D

When you have the 1k 121. You asked in the right forum. You are clearly ready for the left seat.

savedbythevnav
02-24-2019, 06:23 PM
I just keep hoping I see DEN growth for ERJ, because New York sucks. All these newbies who think they should be captains when they have 40 hours in the plane :D

Why aren't I the #1 Capt in SLC yet? Honestly I'm so ready for it. I watched Sully so many times, I got this bro.

Champeen07
03-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Could someone provide any insight on best new hire bases to request for someone living in Dallas? Obviously will be bidding DFW as soon as I can get it, but I don't think its possible out of training so where should I bid in the meantime? I was thinking COS as its close but not sure about daily flights and commuting there. This would be my first 121 gig, so not sure how commuting to reserve or eventually a line until I can get back to DFW really works and what I should be looking for. Thanks

word302
03-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Could someone provide any insight on best new hire bases to request for someone living in Dallas? Obviously will be bidding DFW as soon as I can get it, but I don't think its possible out of training so where should I bid in the meantime? I was thinking COS as its close but not sure about daily flights and commuting there. This would be my first 121 gig, so not sure how commuting to reserve or eventually a line until I can get back to DFW really works and what I should be looking for. Thanks

DFW is pretty damn junior. If you don't get it out of training it would be within a month or 2.

Erj135dude
03-06-2019, 02:05 PM
I did read a few weeks ago that DFW won't grow more, at least so far. Does that mean that anyone getting DFW now would be on reserve until someone either transferred to another base, or more growth was planned for the future?.
I've no idea how all this 121 reserve concept works, hence the rookie questions sorry.

dera
03-06-2019, 02:09 PM
I did read a few weeks ago that DFW won't grow more, at least so far. Does that mean that anyone getting DFW now would be on reserve until someone either transferred to another base, or more growth was planned for the future?.
I've no idea how all this 121 reserve concept works, hence the rookie questions sorry.

On FO side, there (should) always be movement at the top when people upgrade.

TXHercDriver
03-06-2019, 05:12 PM
On FO side, there (should) always be movement at the top when people upgrade.

Follow up question then...as a soon to be CRJ noob living in DFW....which Skywest base provides the best 1) commute from DFW and 2) chance to fly while on reserve. Iíve seen lots of responses about DFW that say ďitís junior, and youíll get it quickĒ. Understood, but if you ended up spending 3-6 months elsewhere waiting for DFW what priority would you place on the other junior bases and why? Thanks.

amcnd
03-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Follow up question then...as a soon to be CRJ noob living in DFW....which Skywest base provides the best 1) commute from DFW and 2) chance to fly while on reserve. Iíve seen lots of responses about DFW that say ďitís junior, and youíll get it quickĒ. Understood, but if you ended up spending 3-6 months elsewhere waiting for DFW what priority would you place on the other junior bases and why? Thanks.

MSP, 3 flights a day on OO. Jumpseat priority...

hawk21
03-07-2019, 10:26 AM

DFW-ORD on United or Spirit was almost always open when I did it. The AA flights get hairy since it's hub to hub.

MidnightHauler
03-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Are you in the 181st AS?

TXHercDriver
03-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Are you in the 181st AS?

Sent you a PM

highside78
03-11-2019, 06:51 PM
New CRJ guy in training - anyone have thoughts on how long it might take to get Atlanta? I've heard it's a newer base and historically east coasters didn't flock to OO, but times changed and there's a bunch of us wanting to go there. Thanks in advance!

amcnd
03-11-2019, 07:21 PM
New CRJ guy in training - anyone have thoughts on how long it might take to get Atlanta? I've heard it's a newer base and historically east coasters didn't flock to OO, but times changed and there's a bunch of us wanting to go there. Thanks in advance!

The last award was 6 months after IOE. Realy depends on how many FOís in Atlanta decide to upgrade. Or if any new 900 go there.. i would hope for 2-3 months in another base. But be prepared for 6. But like you said. Generally OO is ďWest CoastĒ newhires. So ATL will continue to be a jr base...

highside78
03-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Thank you for the fast info

Champeen07
03-12-2019, 01:28 PM
FYI it looks like classes are full until June now.

ninerdriver
03-14-2019, 03:59 AM
The last award was 6 months after IOE. Realy depends on how many FOís in Atlanta decide to upgrade. Or if any new 900 go there.. i would hope for 2-3 months in another base. But be prepared for 6. But like you said. Generally OO is ďWest CoastĒ newhires. So ATL will continue to be a jr base...

FWIW, the rumor here is 9E gets more 900 flying in ATL as the 175s take more NYC flying.

amcnd
03-14-2019, 04:36 AM
FWIW, the rumor here is 9E gets more 900 flying in ATL as the 175s take more NYC flying.

Not Sure how that has impact on OO? We dont have 175ís in ATL. And ATL is 99% 200ís....

hawk21
03-14-2019, 09:16 AM
I find it odd they would rather deadhead ORD crews twice to fly a 7/900 trip rather than just have ATL crews do it.

threeighteen
03-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Not Sure how that has impact on OO? We dont have 175ís in ATL. And ATL is 99% 200ís....

It means OO isn't going to get any more 700/900 ATL flying and ATL will not grow much. That's the impact.

amcnd
03-14-2019, 11:44 AM
It means OO isn't going to get any more 700/900 ATL flying and ATL will not grow much. That's the impact.

They never said the 10 more 900ís were getting were going to ATL. They said DTW/MSP....

peepz
03-14-2019, 02:52 PM

He\she was saying more 175 NYC flying for OO awhile 9E would do more ATL flying

ninerdriver
03-16-2019, 11:20 AM
He\she was saying more 175 NYC flying for OO awhile 9E would do more ATL flying

Exactly. Our last two vacancies could fill six lines of Atlanta 900 flying. They aren't backfilling 900 captain vacancies in other bases, either, including in NYC.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1