Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest or RAH

V1Rot8t
10-25-2018, 06:15 PM
I have a class date with RAH, and in the meantime Iíve been looking more and more st Skywest. Iím 35 yo, and some suggest Iím going to prolong my chances of making it to a major by going to Republic vs somewhere like Skywest on the CRJ. Upgrade times are project at 2-2.5 at RAH vs 1-1.5 at Skywest. I would be commuting and would need either ORD, DFW, or ATL to make it doable for me. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Claxstarr
10-25-2018, 06:45 PM
I have a class date with RAH, and in the meantime Iíve been looking more and more st Skywest. Iím 35 yo, and some suggest Iím going to prolong my chances of making it to a major by going to Republic vs somewhere like Skywest on the CRJ. Upgrade times are project at 2-2.5 at RAH vs 1-1.5 at Skywest. I would be commuting and would need either ORD, DFW, or ATL to make it doable for me. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sounds like you've answered your own question..
When is your RAH class date?
OO would probably give you a CRJ class date within a couple weeks.

sqwkvfr
10-25-2018, 06:53 PM
I would be commuting and would need either ORD, DFW, or ATL to make it doable for me.

This sentence alone removes RAH from the running.

V1Rot8t
10-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Sounds like you've answered your own question..
When is your RAH class date?
OO would probably give you a CRJ class date within a couple weeks.

Iíve got a Dec Indoc then back most likely late Jan 2019 for Systems/Sim. The contract at RAH is definitely a plus factor...Little reserve and prob could fly 6-700 hours first year. how attainable is DFW/ORD/ATL currently. Is CRJ still best bet for faster progression? Where are pilots going from Skywest?

V1Rot8t
10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
This sentence alone removes RAH from the running.

With RAH Iíve been told I could hold ORD pretty easily. Worst case go to LGA then could get ORD quickly.

Erj135dude
10-25-2018, 06:57 PM
Why would you prolong your chances of making it if you go to RAH?. Just asking

V1Rot8t
10-25-2018, 07:04 PM
Why would you prolong your chances of making it if you go to RAH?. Just asking

I was reading another thread under the general Regional forum and RAH was catching a lot of hate saying 8-10 years before people are getting to mainline. Havenít really heard this before... maybe Partly bc they use to be at 3-3.5yr upgrade times, currently 2-2.5....versus 1-1.5 at Skywest. I donít want to make it all a race, but just donít want to shoot myself in foot either. Even if I went to a WO w flow I donít intend to just sit and wait on that. RAH has a really good pilot contract and I can commute to several bases of theirs, but just second guessing as Iím reading some of these threads. Prob not a right or wrong answer....

Erj135dude
10-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Gotcha. Plus each person is different. One could go to the same regional and your classmate end up getting a mainline job 3 years before. Luckier? More potential? Who knows. Not the easiest choice.

WesternSkies
10-25-2018, 07:17 PM
While I hope I donít kill your spirit but there are lots of pilots throughout the region industry with years of experience trying to get out that canít get an interview. The difference between upgrade time isnít going to be a big deal.
The difference between the Republic contract and the Skyw agreement is minimal.

word302
10-25-2018, 07:36 PM
While I hope I donít kill your spirit but there are lots of pilots throughout the region industry with years of experience trying to get out that canít get an interview. The difference between upgrade time isnít going to be a big deal.
The difference between the Republic contract and the Skyw agreement is minimal.

Minimal is pretty arguable. Lots of little details that are better at RAH. All added up it becomes pretty significant.

Erj135dude
10-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Minimal is pretty arguable. Lots of little details that are better at RAH. All added up it becomes pretty significant.

May you point those details?

WesternSkies
10-25-2018, 07:47 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/SR821kVz/Screen-Shot-2018-10-25-at-10-41-44-PM.png
I know you are a block or better guy and that is valid but what are these lots of other little details?

V1Rot8t
10-25-2018, 08:24 PM
I know you are a block or better guy and that is valid but what are these lots of other little details?

Question: RAH made a big deal about no junior manning during interview. Had a guy from Air Wisconsin in there with some horror stories over last year with JM, he was looking to make switch to RAH. How is JM at SkyWest?

word302
10-25-2018, 09:51 PM

All guarantees apply to reserves. All rigs/guarantees based on actual, not scheduled. There is no LCO, if a trip gets broken up, each day still pays MDG. Uniform and luggage allotment is much better. Vacation/sick accrual is better. Per diem is higher. Staffing is better. PBS is better.......the list goes on. This is off the top of my head.

Paid2fly
10-25-2018, 10:00 PM
All guarantees apply to reserves. All rigs/guarantees based on actual, not scheduled. There is no LCO, if a trip gets broken up, each day still pays MDG. Uniform and luggage allotment is much better. Vacation/sick accrual is better. Per diem is higher. Staffing is better. PBS is better.......the list goes on. This is off the top of my head.

Exactly, well stated!

amcnd
10-26-2018, 04:51 AM
Both good choices right now..From a business strand point SkyWest looks to be selling XJT. While Republic seems to be in the buying market. That could delay a upgrade or good schedule if you got caught at the bottom of that...

Flightcap
10-26-2018, 05:07 AM
If upgrade is essential to making it to a major and you really must have ORD, RAH will never get you there unless the upgrade time to hold ORD as captain changes significantly. When I left in May ORD was an 8-year base to hold captain and was shrinking on the captain side. Many majors are hiring regional FOs these days if you have the right qualifications, so you may be able to get away with it if you have the degree (with good grades), volunteer time, good recommendations, etc.

I loved my time at RAH. The QOL was outstanding. After about 1.5 years I always held 17 days off, all weekends off, fully commutable lines with 80 hours credit in ORD. The most legs I ever saw in a day were 4. At the time no Skywest guy could tell you that. Their senior guys were still slogging along getting 14 maybe 15 days off and working their butts raw with 5 to 6 leg days. That being said their contract has gotten better so someone from Skywest will have to chime in on whether this is still the case.

V1Rot8t
10-26-2018, 06:12 AM
If upgrade is essential to making it to a major and you really must have ORD, RAH will never get you there unless the upgrade time to hold ORD as captain changes significantly. When I left in May ORD was an 8-year base to hold captain and was shrinking on the captain side. Many majors are hiring regional FOs these days if you have the right qualifications, so you may be able to get away with it if you have the degree (with good grades), volunteer time, good recommendations, etc.

I loved my time at RAH. The QOL was outstanding. After about 1.5 years I always held 17 days off, all weekends off, fully commutable lines with 80 hours credit in ORD. The most legs I ever saw in a day were 4. At the time no Skywest guy could tell you that. Their senior guys were still slogging along getting 14 maybe 15 days off and working their butts raw with 5 to 6 leg days. That being said their contract has gotten better so someone from Skywest will have to chime in on whether this is still the case.

That is great information, I appreciate the insight. I don't think either is a bad choice based on everything that has been said... Just if the bottom falls out and I got stuck at a regional, I want it to be one that gives me the best QOL if I ended up spending many years there. Don't want to be that guy that was from Air Wisconsin in a horrible mood telling me he went to the wrong regional and trying to hit reset.

Appreciate the insight from everyone.

Check Complete
10-26-2018, 07:06 AM
I would recommend trying to obtain a copy of the contract at RAH and a copy of the pilot policy manual from SkyWest. The many subtle differences add up quickly.

I would argue that SkyWest PBS is at best very user un-friendly.

The training contract at RAH is hands down better when it comes to scheduling times. No training at 4a or going to 2a.

And then there's reserve, gotta love those 4am calls from CS only to get to the airport by 6am and find out they are missing some other crew member that will get there at 11a. Love it!

You might also want to see how many pilots have been fired at RAH, SkyWest just fired 2 pilots that made a mistake on a missed approach (pretty low). Their ASAP had been accepted.

Popeye0537
10-26-2018, 07:12 AM
That is great information, I appreciate the insight. I don't think either is a bad choice based on everything that has been said... Just if the bottom falls out and I got stuck at a regional, I want it to be one that gives me the best QOL if I ended up spending many years there. Don't want to be that guy that was from Air Wisconsin in a horrible mood telling me he went to the wrong regional and trying to hit reset.

Appreciate the insight from everyone.

Remember this was an F/O. I was a 14yr guy barely holding a line in ORD, so if you upgrade you'll likely never see ORD unless things have changed since I left.

hawk21
10-26-2018, 07:38 AM
You can hold any of those bases mentioned on the CRJ almost immediately.

Flightcap
10-26-2018, 08:19 AM
Remember this was an F/O. I was a 14yr guy barely holding a line in ORD, so if you upgrade you'll likely never see ORD unless things have changed since I left.

Popeye, you're at Spirit now? I might have flown with you out of ORD for RAH, now we're both at Spirit, crazy! What's your Spirit hire date?

sqwkvfr
10-26-2018, 08:21 AM
With RAH Iíve been told I could hold ORD pretty easily. Worst case go to LGA then could get ORD quickly.

I understand that RAHís ORD base has been doing a slow shrink for years. If thatís that case, you can forget about ever upgrading there and with DFW and ATL not being RAH bases, it would seem as if you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Utah
10-26-2018, 08:38 AM
IYou might also want to see how many pilots have been fired at RAH, SkyWest just fired 2 pilots that made a mistake on a missed approach (pretty low). Their ASAP had been accepted.

They got fired?

Check Complete
10-26-2018, 08:57 AM
They got fired?

Yes, per RJ's update from last weeks conference call.

ASAP status was from a person in the safety dept.

metalfeather
10-26-2018, 12:41 PM

I'm in the same situation as you. Keep in mind:

-YX training is more backed up than you estimate. I'm going to indoc oct 30, expecting to return to IND around mid January/early February. If your indoc date is December you can expect training to begin in March or later.

-OO will train you faster and upgrade you faster, so an upgrade ASAP puts you as a reserve captain in junior bases. Expect to be too junior to hold ORD, DFW or ATL as a captain.

-Can either airline get you directly to your base on company metal? If so, your commute will be much easier.

-OO has two fleets and tons of bases, meaning more opportunity to check boxes like instructor, check airman, chief pilot.

-YX contract will be amendable sooner. OO seems to only give improvements to match competitors' contracts. If YX gets a new benefit in 2020, OO might get the same benefit only if staffing problems arise.

FWIW I chose to keep the YX date. My priorities are avoiding junior manning and flying a good contract, hoping for improvements in the near future.

JBirdE175
10-26-2018, 06:34 PM

I can actually say all of that plus some from SkyWest. At 1.5 years I was holding 17 days off including weekend crediting over 100 hours and averaged 2 legs per day. And even held out for the senior plane upgrade at 3 years which was equivalent to a friend who started at RAH same month/year as me. If I had taken the CRJ, it would've been 1.5 years sooner with much better QOL as a CA. Just varies insanely depending on base/seat/aircraft. If you want a junior base as the OP does, then you have a ton of options for quick QOL gains. The little work rules (please let's get into displacement on RAH compared to SW) make HUGE differences. I suggest looking at all of the little details to anyone comparing. And I held 5 different positions in my time at the company. So many opportunities to get involved and grow your resume. I would've been hesitant to say SkyWest is an easy choice prior to the new TA, but now I think it really is an easy choice.

Flightcap
10-26-2018, 06:35 PM
I'm in the same situation as you. Keep in mind:

-Can either airline get you directly to your base on company metal? If so, your commute will be much easier.

Don't put too much weight on this, especially if you live in a small outstation. I lived in a small outstation commuting to ORD for only five months. My commute went from non-company metal to company metal back to non-company metal in that short time. The mainline codeshares shift flying around alllllllll the time.

misterpretzel
10-26-2018, 08:01 PM
I can actually say all of that plus some from SkyWest. At 1.5 years I was holding 17 days off including weekend crediting over 100 hours and averaged 2 legs per day. And even held out for the senior plane upgrade at 3 years which was equivalent to a friend who started at RAH same month/year as me. If I had taken the CRJ, it would've been 1.5 years sooner with much better QOL as a CA. Just varies insanely depending on base/seat/aircraft. If you want a junior base as the OP does, then you have a ton of options for quick QOL gains. The little work rules (please let's get into displacement on RAH compared to SW) make HUGE differences. I suggest looking at all of the little details to anyone comparing. And I held 5 different positions in my time at the company. So many opportunities to get involved and grow your resume. I would've been hesitant to say SkyWest is an easy choice prior to the new TA, but now I think it really is an easy choice.What base?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Flightcap
10-27-2018, 01:33 AM
I can actually say all of that plus some from SkyWest. At 1.5 years I was holding 17 days off including weekend crediting over 100 hours and averaged 2 legs per day. And even held out for the senior plane upgrade at 3 years which was equivalent to a friend who started at RAH same month/year as me. If I had taken the CRJ, it would've been 1.5 years sooner with much better QOL as a CA. Just varies insanely depending on base/seat/aircraft. If you want a junior base as the OP does, then you have a ton of options for quick QOL gains. The little work rules (please let's get into displacement on RAH compared to SW) make HUGE differences. I suggest looking at all of the little details to anyone comparing. And I held 5 different positions in my time at the company. So many opportunities to get involved and grow your resume. I would've been hesitant to say SkyWest is an easy choice prior to the new TA, but now I think it really is an easy choice.

That's pretty cool and I'm glad it worked that way for you! I never heard those kinds of stories out of the ORD OO guys I commuted with. Where were you based?

JBirdE175
10-27-2018, 02:44 PM
That's pretty cool and I'm glad it worked that way for you! I never heard those kinds of stories out of the ORD OO guys I commuted with. Where were you based?

I was ORD my entire career at SkyWest. Commuted for the first year and half and then made the move for QOL.

njd1
10-27-2018, 02:57 PM
-YX training is more backed up than you estimate. I'm going to indoc oct 30, expecting to return to IND around mid January/early February. If your indoc date is December you can expect training to begin in March or later.

Food for thought.

I don't know if SW does AQP initial but YX just got approved for it and word is classes after the first of the year will be AQP. That fact alone puts YX in the "first choices" category.

AQP goes a long way to reducing the risk of a training failure. It won't save you if you're 50 miles behind the airplane or you don't study, but it will save you in the event you have a bad day. And we all do, occasionally.

If I were you I'd call recruiting and push my class date until the first AQP initial class. Trust me when I say you don't want to take a traditional checkride if you can avoid it.

JBirdE175
10-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Food for thought.

I don't know if SW does AQP initial but YX just got approved for it and word is classes after the first of the year will be AQP. That fact alone puts YX in the "first choices" category.

AQP goes a long way to reducing the risk of a training failure. It won't save you if you're 50 miles behind the airplane or you don't study, but it will save you in the event you have a bad day. And we all do, occasionally.

If I were you I'd call recruiting and push my class date until the first AQP initial class. Trust me when I say you don't want to take a traditional checkride if you can avoid it.

SW has been AQP for a long time now. Both initial and recurrent. Initial for the ERJ was the last phase to go through and that happened about 2 years ago. Either is fine. I think it's more beneficial for recurrent personally. But to each his own.

savedbythevnav
10-27-2018, 03:07 PM
SW has been AQP for a long time now. Both initial and recurrent. Initial for the ERJ was the last phase to go through and that happened about 2 years ago. Either is fine. I think it's more beneficial for recurrent personally. But to each his own.

Allegedly we (OO) are changing to a 9 month CQ schedule. When this will occur is unknown. Heard it from several people in the training department, but that could still be BS.

amcnd
10-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Allegedly we (OO) are changing to a 9 month CQ schedule. When this will occur is unknown. Heard it from several people in the training department, but that could still be BS.

Not true....... They looked into it. But do to EET training, and other factors the numbers didnít work out sim time wise.. maybe beyond 2020 sometime..

savedbythevnav
10-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Not true.......

Damn the rumor mill. The Compass merger is still happening, right? :D

PapaJaime
10-27-2018, 07:48 PM
FWIW, I had offers from both and one other to start classes early this month. Iíll commute into/out of IAH wherever Iím based so both companies were good options(save for the commuting). I mulled the decision over for more than two months and ran spreadsheets and read all the forums for information, ultimately deciding to choose OO. A LCA at WN broke it down to the fact that theyíre both regionals, and I should place more weight on who could get me a breadth of knowledge and experience the quickest. ORD, ATL, and to some extent DFW are junior so you shouldnít have an issue of getting them. One of the biggest detractors for me was the training backlog at YX. I spent enough of my life behind a desk and want to start flying real airplanes asap.

So, in my mind, theyíre both regionals and crap is going to happen to me at either one but itís my choice of perspective that will determine how happy I am. And Iíll keep my eye on the prize of moving to the majors.:o

CodyPilot
10-29-2018, 06:13 AM
FWIW, I had offers from both and one other to start classes early this month. Iíll commute into/out of IAH wherever Iím based so both companies were good options(save for the commuting). I mulled the decision over for more than two months and ran spreadsheets and read all the forums for information, ultimately deciding to choose OO. A LCA at WN broke it down to the fact that theyíre both regionals, and I should place more weight on who could get me a breadth of knowledge and experience the quickest. ORD, ATL, and to some extent DFW are junior so you shouldnít have an issue of getting them. One of the biggest detractors for me was the training backlog at YX. I spent enough of my life behind a desk and want to start flying real airplanes asap.

So, in my mind, theyíre both regionals and crap is going to happen to me at either one but itís my choice of perspective that will determine how happy I am. And Iíll keep my eye on the prize of moving to the majors.:o

Ok if I send you a PM? I am in the exact same situation and would like to see how you chose OO

PapaJaime
11-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Ok if I send you a PM? I am in the exact same situation and would like to see how you chose OO
Sure, no problem.

CodyPilot
11-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Sure, no problem. Thanks! Just Sent

TheFly
11-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Food for thought.

SkyWest has used AQP at lease for the last 6 years if not longer...

Check Complete
11-16-2018, 05:04 AM
But you can be proud of our new industry lagging TA!

Anywhere but here....

Is offline
11-16-2018, 06:21 AM
At Skywest you have no representation in the case you make a mistake while out on the line. We just had a probationary pilot FIRED for filing a safety report after he and the pilot flying captain screwed up a go around. The company FIRED them instead of trying to see if there were other problems. This won't happen at other companies. Good luck at RAH, that's the right choice

Ya, there is more to this story.

amcnd
11-16-2018, 06:51 AM
Ya, there is more to this story.

Probably. I've heard 10 different versions.. and it wasnít soul source if the tower saw then in 9 versions...

rickair7777
11-16-2018, 09:38 AM
At Skywest you have no representation in the case you make a mistake while out on the line. We just had a probationary pilot FIRED for filing a safety report after he and the pilot flying captain screwed up a go around. The company FIRED them instead of trying to see if there were other problems. This won't happen at other companies. Good luck at RAH, that's the right choice

An ASAP is not a guaranteed get-out-of-jail in all cases.

Intentional violations are not covered. Just so ya know... sterile cockpit violations are almost always considered intentional.

savedbythevnav
11-16-2018, 09:47 AM

There is FAR more to the story and you clearly donít know what youíre talking about.

Youíre not wrong about representation but we donít need to embellish the last disciplinary event to drive that point home.

www.skywestalpa.org (http://skywestalpa.org)

RegionalDriver
11-17-2018, 11:39 AM
the difference between the pilot protections at Skywest and other carriers is incomparable. At least at other airlines you'll have pilot advocates and representation on your side.

amcnd
11-17-2018, 12:08 PM
the difference between the pilot protections at Skywest and other carriers is incomparable. At least at other airlines you'll have pilot advocates and representation on your side.

So pro standards, HIMS, and all of Sapa doesnít exist??? Ive been both alpa and sapa. I donít find your statement valid. Or quantifiable.. untill there is hard data put out. Its all APC rumors...

MrFriendly7
11-17-2018, 12:10 PM
having a union and alpa or teamsters helps tremendously when you need a lawyer. God forbid a mistake, no one is perfect

hawk21
11-17-2018, 12:25 PM
But you can be proud of our new industry lagging TA!

Anywhere but here....

You can mail me the difference you make with the new pay rates if you wanna complain.

RegionalDriver
11-17-2018, 04:43 PM
So pro standards, HIMS, and all of Sapa doesnít exist??? Ive been both alpa and sapa. I donít find your statement valid. Or quantifiable.. untill there is hard data put out. Its all APC rumors...

I guess you don't work at Skywest and saw the email about the botched missed approach which got the crew fired. Yes, everyone can and WILL make mistakes. SAPA, obviously you do NOT work at Skywest.

Check Complete
11-17-2018, 10:30 PM
You can mail me the difference you make with the new pay rates if you wanna complain.

$3.91 an hour.

Company put their money in the FOs pocket.

But if you canít see our TA lags well behind Republic and Endeavor then you are obviously ďspecialĒ and the big words are going to be explained by your counselor. Stop eating the glue....

domino
11-19-2018, 06:51 AM

They do. All under SAPA. And SAPA is all under management. Bought and paid for. Joke. Pilots have NO representation when it comes to discipline and/or negotiations.

TheFly
11-19-2018, 07:00 AM

I had an ASAP that went to the ERC a few years ago & SAPA went to bat for me. Our pro stans and other programs are very effective in what they do.

Itís one thing to be pro-ALPA, but itís another to make false claims.

TheFly
11-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Pilots have NO representation when it comes to discipline and/or negotiations.

Absolutely false...see my previous post.

trip
11-19-2018, 07:51 AM
Absolutely false...see my previous post.

What representation do pilots have in a disciplinary situation?

amcnd
11-19-2018, 08:16 AM
What representation do pilots have in a disciplinary situation?

Log onto sapa website>committees>disciplinary.

Has tons of info..

Bark all you want about sapa/alpa real representation ect. SkyWest has 4800 pilots and if there was a rampant termination problem, then we wouldnít have 4800 pilots and people would be bailing to Mesa/Gojet LCCís ect...

If itís that important to you, honestly go to Republic. They are a great pilot group/airline.

Check Complete
11-19-2018, 08:41 AM
I had an ASAP that went to the ERC a few years ago & SAPA went to bat for me. Our pro stans and other programs are very effective in what they do.

Itís one thing to be pro-ALPA, but itís another to make false claims.

The system does work in some cases but definitely not all. There is no standard and when management pays for everything SAPA, it ensures individuals have no teeth. At carriers with ALPA when you get called to the chiefs office you always have a rep with you and a lawyer on conference call if needed.

Bottom line is we are the only carrier that terminates with an accepted ASAP.

sn00p
11-19-2018, 08:59 AM
The system does work in some cases but definitely not all. There is no standard and when management pays for everything SAPA, it ensures individuals have no teeth. At carriers with ALPA when you get called to the chiefs office you always have a rep with you and a lawyer on conference call if needed.

Bottom line is we are the only carrier that terminates with an accepted ASAP.

Highlighted for emphasis.

Melit
11-19-2018, 10:23 AM
They do. All under SAPA. And SAPA is all under management. Bought and paid for. Joke. Pilots have NO representation when it comes to discipline and/or negotiations.

Another newbie.. LOL

TheFly
11-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Another newbie.. LOL

Exactly. More ignorant propaganda...

Check Complete
11-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Another newbie.. LOL

Really, what part is not true?

How many ALPA carriers have fired pilots in the last 3 months?

trip
11-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Log onto sapa website>committees>disciplinary.

Has tons of info..

Bark all you want about sapa/alpa real representation ect. SkyWest has 4800 pilots and if there was a rampant termination problem, then we wouldnít have 4800 pilots and people would be bailing to Mesa/Gojet LCCís ect...

If itís that important to you, honestly go to Republic. They are a great pilot group/airline.

Your funny dude!

Actually it doesn't have "tons of info", It says "call me".

amcnd
11-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Your funny dude!

Actually it doesn't have "tons of info", It says "call me".

Then call and get the info ďdudeĒ.....

domino
11-19-2018, 10:24 PM
Another newbie.. LOL

Lol. More senior to you actually punk!

domino
11-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Exactly. More ignorant propaganda...

And senior to you also. So ****

domino
11-19-2018, 10:28 PM
Then call and get the info ďdudeĒ.....

Itís not info. Itís propaganda. SAPA chooses battles the company allows them to ďchooseĒ. The easy stuff. The rest, well, they get fed to the lions.

Now run along

TheFly
11-20-2018, 03:17 AM
And senior to you also. So ****

Seniority doesn’t necessarily mean one less ignorant.

domino
11-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Seniority doesnít necessarily mean one less ignorant.

Irrelevant. I was talking about the newbie comment.

Back in your crate!!

Melit
11-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Lol. More senior to you actually punk!
So cute....

domino
11-20-2018, 01:38 PM
So cute....

Isnít it just.

TheFly
12-08-2018, 01:37 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/27/ntsb-southwest-nose-landing-laguardia/30736777/

Are you saying that you canít lose your job with a union carrier? I beg to differ.

Check Complete
12-08-2018, 08:11 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/27/ntsb-southwest-nose-landing-laguardia/30736777/

Are you saying that you canít lose your job with a union carrier? I beg to differ.

From what I have heard she didn't lose her job.

ninerdriver
12-08-2018, 08:32 AM

"The National Transportation Safety Board blamed the accident July 22, 2013, on the captain's attempt to recover from a bad landing approach by taking control of the Boeing 737-700 from the co-pilot at just 27 feet off the ground..."

"Southwest's plane landed hard enough that the nose-gear punched up into the plane's electronics bay and it skidded 2,175 feet to a halt, according to investigators."

"Eight people suffered minor injuries on the flight..."

FWIW, no amount of representation was going to save that captain's job.

Melit
12-08-2018, 08:38 AM
From what I have heard she didn't lose her job.
You're wrong. If you don't know the facts you shouldn't post. LOL LOL

Tring
12-08-2018, 04:52 PM

This comment you are quoting is not saying ďyou canít lose your job with a Union CarrierĒ. Itís saying there are additional advocates and representation on the Pilots side if something were to happen. Big difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check Complete
12-11-2018, 05:04 PM
You're wrong. If you don't know the facts you shouldn't post. LOL LOL

You are correct, The Captain was terminated. Nice to see you look at the situation with humor and a smirk. What have you done personally for your pilot group? Gleaming how great management is doesn't count.

How many crews has SAPA got re-instated lately?

I'd take any real representation over SAPA and I personally wish it would disband and cease. We are going backwards with SAPA and we are stuck with our industry below mediocre TA for many years. While RAH still is well over us in pay and rules and is coming up on a new contract soon.

DarkSideMoon
12-11-2018, 06:16 PM

A union isnít going to save your job if you egregiously violate your profiles and ignore stabilized approach concepts. They will have your back on more grey cases.