Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Hire Benefits Enrollment

TankerDriver
10-26-2018, 02:35 PM
I've been reviewing the benefits guide prior to my indoc class.

Does anyone have advice, do's and/or don'ts? I have access to Tricare Reserve Select/Tricare Dental, which is probably what I'll use over the BCBS.

PRS Guitars
10-26-2018, 07:00 PM
I've been reviewing the benefits guide prior to my indoc class.

Does anyone have advice, do's and/or don'ts? I have access to Tricare Reserve Select/Tricare Dental, which is probably what I'll use over the BCBS.

Definitely TRS medical. I do use AA for vision and dental though, I think they’re marginally better, though I haven’t really compared them in a while.

Rawhide16
10-27-2018, 06:42 AM
Definitely TRS medical. I do use AA for vision and dental though, I think they’re marginally better, though I haven’t really compared them in a while.

I do the same as PRS except the vision. TRS allows one free eye exam per year (or two?) and no one in our family needs glasses so I stick with TRS for medical/vision and AA dental. AA dental is about a third of the premiums with similar coverages.

TankerDriver
10-27-2018, 06:45 AM
Awesome, thanks.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1