Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : No Hogan for the CPP

marshal
10-27-2018, 02:38 AM
I have not seen this anywhere, so I am posting it so everyone knows. We received an email last week from our CPP administrator stating the following.

"Starting September 2018, United Airlines will no longer provide the Job Fit assessment to CommutAir pilots prior to hire. Any pilot joining CommutAir will have the opportunity to enroll in the CPP within the first 12 months of date of hire after completing IOE."

PontiusPilot
10-27-2018, 07:05 AM
Unless you're omitting something, that quote just sounds like they are no longer letting people take the Hogan prior to starting class with CommutAir. It doesn't say anything about the Hogan no longer being required, does it?

PhantomHawk
10-27-2018, 08:22 AM
It certainly does NOT say that, because itís not true. The best info that I have is that the change we are all going to see with the Hogan is that you will be taking it in Denver now, under the watchful eye of a UAL proctor. Iíve also heard that this trip to Denver will cover your interview, as well. There are still many unanswered questions, and nothing is officially announced.....but the OPís statement merely says that you wonít get to start the process until youíve been hired and passed IOE. Thread title is VERY misleading and blatantly FALSE.

PosRateGearUp
10-27-2018, 09:07 AM
I have not seen this anywhere, so I am posting it so everyone knows. We received an email last week from our CPP administrator stating the following.

"Starting September 2018, United Airlines will no longer provide the Job Fit assessment to CommutAir pilots prior to hire. Any pilot joining CommutAir will have the opportunity to enroll in the CPP within the first 12 months of date of hire after completing IOE."

I think youíve wildly misinterpreted this statement.

Also, I just received the hogan for the CPP...

HercDiver
10-27-2018, 03:25 PM
It certainly does NOT say that, because itís not true. The best info that I have is that the change we are all going to see with the Hogan is that you will be taking it in Denver now, under the watchful eye of a UAL proctor. Iíve also heard that this trip to Denver will cover your interview, as well. There are still many unanswered questions, and nothing is officially announced.....but the OPís statement merely says that you wonít get to start the process until youíve been hired and passed IOE. Thread title is VERY misleading and blatantly FALSE.

There has not yet been any changes to the CPP. You will continue to take the Hogan prior to the interview invite. This is the last opportunity to open enroll in the CPP. If you were hired after Jan 2018 you will have 1 year to opt into the CPP.

PhantomHawk
10-27-2018, 03:41 PM
There has not yet been any changes to the CPP. You will continue to take the Hogan prior to the interview invite. This is the last opportunity to open enroll in the CPP. If you were hired after Jan 2018 you will have 1 year to opt into the CPP.

Right. I agree. Iím referring to whatís coming. IF there are any changes, itís rumored to be what I posted. It certainly isnít going to be what the OP stated. That my only point. Good luck to all.

marshal
10-28-2018, 06:33 PM
You guys are correct. I reread the e-mail on more sleep and I stand corrected. Sorry for the confusion.

Aviatormar
11-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Has the change to the hogan sequence been instituted yet? Can anyone chime in if they are still sending out Hoganís prior to starting the interview with C5? Has the OPís memo been placed into affect? Thanks!

jacburn
11-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Has the change to the hogan sequence been instituted yet? Can anyone chime in if they are still sending out Hoganís prior to starting the interview with C5? Has the OPís memo been placed into affect? Thanks!
Read the post above yours. Marshal said he was wrong, so the original post is not accurate.

Aviatormar
11-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Read the post above yours. Marshal said he was wrong, so the original post is not accurate.

I think Iím still confused-
As of right now the hogan is still going out before the C5 interview?

Naaay
11-08-2018, 04:53 PM
I interviewed last month and didn't get one.

dead meat
11-09-2018, 07:06 AM

No, I believe they recently changed it so you are not able to take the Hogan until after you finish training.

corporategypsy
11-10-2018, 11:06 AM

No Hogan before interview. Eligible to take it after ioe. They had too many people fail it and not show up to ground school since it was the only reason they were coming to c5

havick206
11-18-2018, 10:02 PM
No Hogan before interview. Eligible to take it after ioe. They had too many people fail it and not show up to ground school since it was the only reason they were coming to c5

Wonít that just waste the companyís money by training someone who is going to bounce anyway if they donít pass the hogan?

corporategypsy
11-19-2018, 05:55 AM
Wonít that just waste the companyís money by training someone who is going to bounce anyway if they donít pass the hogan?

They get 2 chances and as of now not passing the Hogan doesnt mean they wont get an interview. United seems to be relaxing the rules. From my understanding even if they went to another carrier with the cpp their previous attempts follow them. So if they bounce after failing once that also looks terrible on a resume.