Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : HAL Interview

donpizmeov2
10-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Any intel on the interview process?

"A sim check, a Cognitive test, a pilot panel interview and a management panel interview" ...

Benver
11-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Does anybody know approximately how long after the window closes do you get the TBNT or invite email? Thank you!

IFlyThings
11-07-2018, 05:09 AM
I read through the entire hiring thread. Looks like anywhere from 2-6 weeks before they start sending out emails.

Bizkit
11-07-2018, 09:13 PM
I got an invite for a phone interview with HR on the 5th, so Iím guessing it was sent out by a computer as soon as the window officially closed. Iím not sure about the process, but my suspicion is that the in-person interview would follow if this part goes well. Iím currently living on the mainland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aviatrix28
11-07-2018, 09:47 PM
I got an invite for a phone interview with HR on the 5th, so Iím guessing it was sent out by a computer as soon as the window officially closed. Iím not sure about the process, but my suspicion is that the in-person interview would follow if this part goes well. Iím currently living on the mainland.

Congratulations! That was fast. If you donít mind me asking, when did you submit your application and what is your background? Did they give you a date range for your phone interview or did they set a date themselves? Thank you!

Bizkit
11-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Congratulations! That was fast. If you donít mind me asking, when did you submit your application and what is your background? Did they give you a date range for your phone interview or did they set a date themselves? Thank you!

I believe that I completed my online application right in the middle of the window. The date range is Nov 12-14 for the phone interviews. They're only scheduled for 20 min, so I'm thinking it's to see if they want to invest in flying a candidate out to HNL for a face-to-face. Whether this is for those living on the mainland and/or those who don't have a guaranteed face-to-face, I'm not certain. I'm a retiring military pilot who did a tour flying out of Hawaii. Good luck to all!

Hawaiian 5O
11-08-2018, 10:45 AM
I'm a retiring military pilot who did a tour flying out of Hawaii. Good luck to all!

Good Luck. Seems to be a lot of ex military hiring right now. You guys are awesome. Thank you for your service.

aviatrix28
11-08-2018, 11:32 AM
I believe that I completed my online application right in the middle of the window. The date range is Nov 12-14 for the phone interviews. They're only scheduled for 20 min, so I'm thinking it's to see if they want to invest in flying a candidate out to HNL for a face-to-face. Whether this is for those living on the mainland and/or those who don't have a guaranteed face-to-face, I'm not certain. I'm a retiring military pilot who did a tour flying out of Hawaii. Good luck to all!

Thank you for sharing. Good luck!

Bizkit
11-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Some hiring info from speaking with HR during the phone interview:

-invitations for face-to-face interviews will start going out in early December

-interview dates will be between January and June

-first class of new hires expected to start in March

-expecting to hire 100 pilots in 2019

Good luck, everyone!

IFlyThings
11-15-2018, 06:35 AM
Nice, thanks for the info! They let slip how many phone interviews they were doing?

Bizkit
11-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Nice, thanks for the info! They let slip how many phone interviews they were doing?

No, I didn't ask that. HAL recruiting has been pretty good about answering my e-mails, so they may tell you if you ask.

IFlyThings
11-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Meh, itís more fun to sweat it out and just guess.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1