Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Hire Questions

acam
10-30-2018, 03:54 AM
(1) Are you guaranteed to get a plane you selected as your preference during the interview, or can that change at base assignment in class?
(2) Is all background check stuff (PRIA, fingerprinting, drug test) completed during the class?

Flying Spike
10-30-2018, 04:17 AM
(1) Are you guaranteed to get a plane you selected as your preference during the interview, or can that change at base assignment in class?
(2) Is all background check stuff (PRIA, fingerprinting, drug test) completed during the class?
(1) The course is based (and located) on the aircraft type. SLC for CRJ, E Jet in Denver.
In my case, coming from Australia all except the drug test is being done prior to the course.

nowkk211
10-30-2018, 06:24 AM

You are guaranteed the plane you chose during your interview. During ground class, they asked if anyone wanted to switch over to the ERJ and some did. But other than that, you should get the plane you chose.

PRIA is done before class, fingerprinting and the drug test was during orientation. (first day)

N1CEandEZ
10-30-2018, 08:33 AM

I interviewed earlier this year and they let me specify my preferred aircraft but they didnít necessarily guarantee that I would get it. If they do let you choose anticipate having to wait longer for an open class on the 175.

Once your class is confirmed they will have you go through background check and drug test process starting 30 days before your class date. I donít think they ended up finishing our background checks until we were about halfway through class.

acam
10-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Do they provide any training material prior to class?

BLURCEO
10-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Do they provide any training material prior to class?

Nope, just the date to show up and
Your travel info 5 days prior.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1