Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Quicktrade has left the game?

highfarfast
10-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Seriously? What's the deal?

EnyFlyr
10-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Yeah just got kicked in the balls when I read that

Cyio
10-30-2018, 03:29 PM
AA asked them to temporarily shut down while they investigate a CCI issue. They will be back.

highfarfast
10-30-2018, 03:31 PM
AA asked them to temporarily shut down while they investigate a CCI issue. They will be back.

Yeah, I read that message this afternoon from the app. The title of this thread is the subject of an ALPA email I just got. The email didn't give any details as to what the deal is with Quicktrade. I really hope this is a case of hyperbole on the part of the union.

mothergoose
10-30-2018, 03:36 PM
Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me so I understand MobileFOS.

Ps I sure it comes back and I hope eagle-quickbid and AutoBid will be okay

-Talladega Nights, for ya youngens

EnyFlyr
10-30-2018, 03:46 PM
I email Quicktrade about that Alpa email, this is what he said;

“I believe that email was sent in error. To my knowledge, I am assisting AA IT department in troubleshooting the MobileCCI disruptions.

I am sorry for the outage in service. I will have it back online as soon as possible.

Thanks for using QuickTrade”

buddies8
10-30-2018, 04:24 PM
I truly hope so. There was an app sometime ago that you set it up and automatically checked you in for non rev. That disappeared under security reasons, but it was there with aa's assistance.

Cyio
10-30-2018, 04:24 PM
I email Quicktrade about that Alpa email, this is what he said;

“I believe that email was sent in error. To my knowledge, I am assisting AA IT department in troubleshooting the MobileCCI disruptions.

I am sorry for the outage in service. I will have it back online as soon as possible.

Thanks for using QuickTrade”

Thank god. I am in no place to now have to learn sabre. Lol

EmbaeDriver
10-30-2018, 05:23 PM
🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️ 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️

in2deep
10-30-2018, 06:01 PM
This is worse than limewire going offline

highfarfast
10-30-2018, 06:11 PM
If it's just a little down time to sort out some issues, no big deal. The union email made me stop and take notice though.

Regarding the CCI issues:

Anybody else notice the new 'beta' CCI app had no problems working during these CCI outages?

ENH017
10-30-2018, 06:22 PM
If it's just a little down time to sort out some issues, no big deal. The union email made me stop and take notice though.

Regarding the CCI issues:

Anybody else notice the new 'beta' CCI app had no problems working during these CCI outages?

Oh is that the case? I was wondering why I didn't notice any problems at all..

buddies8
10-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Actually both cci's have issues, but yes to your point. They're just forcing the shut down of cci original.
Interesting after all these years cci now has issues because of quicktrade. Want to bet aag has one of there cronies in the background waiting to push there program to replace quicktrade.
This place really stinks.

highfarfast
10-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Actually both cci's have issues, but yes to your point. They're just forcing the shut down of cci original.
Interesting after all these years cci now has issues because of quicktrade. Want to bet aag has one of there cronies in the background waiting to push there program to replace quicktrade.
This place really stinks.

I agree both CCIs have issues. I could go on and on about how much I hate both of them. But the original CCI had outage issues on my last trip for all three of us. It simply would not connect for any purpose. I was the only one that had the new beta version and it worked as expected (not the same as not having issues) for the whole trip. I could sign fit or duty and look at the release electronically. Captain kept getting a printed release and doing fit for duty via ACARS.

EmbaeDriver
10-30-2018, 06:38 PM
This is an email blast from QuickTrade to all recent app users
What's happening to QuickTrade?

Today around noon central I was asked by the Flight Department, on behalf of IT, if I could take the app down temporarily so that the AA IT department could work on the connectivity issues with their MobileCCI app. By stopping QuickTrade app traffic to the server, they can see if the issues persist (meaning it's an issue with CCI) or else figure out if QT is doing wrong. I was told it would only be a short time, like an hour or two, but now it seems AA will wait until Wednesday morning to decide what to do. I wish they would have given us more time to prepare, but QuickTrade will always comply with directions from the company. I apologize for the downtime and the lack of notice. I had no prior notice myself.
Is QuickTrade coming back?

I should have more information about what's happening Wednesday morning and can either bring the system back online at that time, or write a fix for the software if necessary. Despite reactionary emails from ALPA, vague HI6 emails, and worried crewmembers, QuickTrade is not “Out of the game” or “eliminated”. No threats against QuickTrade have been made by AA. I expect to be back up and running Wednesday or Thursday depending on what AA says tomorrow.
What can you do to help?

It would be helpful if everyone would update their app, which contains some networking changes which might or might not help. Don't keep trying to login. Wait until you get an email from QuickTrade or HI6 saying it's working again. I'm sure it'll be big news when it comes back online. Maybe write a quick email to your union reps and your office (CPO / inflight) saying you support QuickTrade and it helps you do your job and helps the company.
What about refunds / extensions?

It's the nature of online services to occasionally have small outages. I am doing all I can to work with the company and get this issue resolved as fast as possible. Again, I am hoping to be online again Weds or Thurs. If the outage is a few days, then I plan to adjust subscription dates to cover the lost days. If the outage is unfortunately longer, then I will add extra months onto your account automatically or you can contact me for refunds. I ask for a few days of patience with this, as there are a lot of users and possibly a lot of coding work to do in a short amount of time.
For further information:

Please keep an eye out for follow up emails soon. You can also find more information on QuickTrade's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/quicktradeapp/ or you can join my Slack channel for live chat and help here: http://quicktradeapp.com/slack/.

Once again, I am sorry for the trouble and I thank you all for using QuickTrade.
Mike Halliday
ORD CRJ CA

NoValueAviator
10-30-2018, 06:52 PM
The sky is falling

Cyio
10-31-2018, 03:04 AM
What's happening to QuickTrade?

Today around noon central I was asked by the Flight Department, on behalf of IT, if I could take the app down temporarily so that the AA IT department could work on the connectivity issues with their MobileCCI app. By stopping QuickTrade app traffic to the server, they can see if the issues persist (meaning it's an issue with CCI) or else figure out if QT is doing wrong. I was told it would only be a short time, like an hour or two, but now it seems AA will wait until Wednesday morning to decide what to do. I wish they would have given us more time to prepare, but QuickTrade will always comply with directions from the company. I apologize for the downtime and the lack of notice. I had no prior notice myself.
Is QuickTrade coming back?

I should have more information about what's happening Wednesday morning and can either bring the system back online at that time, or write a fix for the software if necessary. Despite reactionary emails from ALPA, vague HI6 emails, and worried crewmembers, QuickTrade is not “Out of the game” or “eliminated”. No threats against QuickTrade have been made by AA. I expect to be back up and running Wednesday or Thursday depending on what AA says tomorrow.
What can you do to help?

It would be helpful if everyone would update their app, which contains some networking changes which might or might not help. Don't keep trying to login. Wait until you get an email from QuickTrade or HI6 saying it's working again. I'm sure it'll be big news when it comes back online. Maybe write a quick email to your union reps and your office (CPO / inflight) saying you support QuickTrade and it helps you do your job and helps the company.
What about refunds / extensions?

It's the nature of online services to occasionally have small outages. I am doing all I can to work with the company and get this issue resolved as fast as possible. Again, I am hoping to be online again Weds or Thurs. If the outage is a few days, then I plan to adjust subscription dates to cover the lost days. If the outage is unfortunately longer, then I will add extra months onto your account automatically or you can contact me for refunds. I ask for a few days of patience with this, as there are a lot of users and possibly a lot of coding work to do in a short amount of time.
For further information:

Please keep an eye out for follow up emails soon. You can also find more information on QuickTrade's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/quicktradeapp/ or you can join my Slack channel for live chat and help here: http://quicktradeapp.com/slack/.

Once again, I am sorry for the trouble and I thank you all for using QuickTrade.
Mike Halliday
ORD CRJ CA

This is welcomed news, at least in part. I fear the day it ever goes away. While I know we should have all "learned" SABRE, the company offers no training other than logging in on it and CCI/QT act as a crutch to not need to learn it.

So right or wrong, it has almost become a required application, at least to the people hire in the last few years.

highfarfast
10-31-2018, 03:32 AM
This is welcomed news, at least in part. I fear the day it ever goes away. While I know we should have all "learned" SABRE, the company offers no training other than logging in on it and CCI/QT act as a crutch to not need to learn it.

So right or wrong, it has almost become a required application, at least to the people hire in the last few years.

Man, I use sabre a lot and I don't view Quicktrade as a crutch. It's just simply way faster at what it does vs doing the same thing manually. Additionally, it does some things that you’ll never get sabre to do like email notifications.

griff312
10-31-2018, 07:00 AM
The only advantage to this is now I might be able to actually get a decent trip trade, since 90%of the pilot group doesn't know how to use DECS!

EnyFlyr
10-31-2018, 07:37 AM
The only advantage to this is now I might be able to actually get a decent trip trade, since 90%of the pilot group doesn't know how to use DECS!

It’s just time consuming, not practical at all

havick206
10-31-2018, 10:43 AM

^^^^^^This

PFKEYS are your friend until QuickTrade is back online

Houpilot2001
10-31-2018, 02:21 PM
From quicktrade facebook

Just got cleared to relaunch by AA. It will involve an app update which should be released tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. Keep your eyes open and update when you can. I am sorry for all the trouble.

highfarfast
10-31-2018, 02:28 PM
From quicktrade facebook

Just got cleared to relaunch by AA. It will involve an app update which should be released tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. Keep your eyes open and update when you can. I am sorry for all the trouble.

He shouldn’t be appologizing, QT didn’t cause this.

But glad to hear it will be back soon.

And thanks for the update. I’ve yet to join the facebook herd... and hope never to.

havick206
10-31-2018, 02:49 PM
The horror. I had to revert to N3DO entries today to trawl the open time.

Houpilot2001
10-31-2018, 02:53 PM
He shouldn’t be appologizing, QT didn’t cause this.

But glad to hear it will be back soon.

And thanks for the update. I’ve yet to join the facebook herd... and hope never to.

I'm petitioning envoy for my share of the $0.16 they cost me.

NoValueAviator
10-31-2018, 03:29 PM
I think Ferris approves our expense requests in Concur now. May as well troll him a little.

DreadWing
10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
I’ve yet to join the facebook herd... and hope never to.

Splendid. Too few realize they're helping to build their own dossier by participating...

Houpilot2001
10-31-2018, 04:34 PM
I think Ferris approves our expense requests in Concur now. May as well troll him a little.

Ferris...I have no idea who your talking about. But at the same time... are you talking about the dude that teaches ground school?

MD-11Loader
10-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Ferris...I have no idea who your talking about. But at the same time... are you talking about the dude that teaches ground school?

Ferris is the New York chief pilot

EmbaeDriver
10-31-2018, 09:32 PM
QuickTrade is cleared to relaunch

Tonight I got contacted by AA IT and we discussed the interaction between QuickTrade and CCI. The app had been making one call to CCI to validate your Jetnet password each time you log in. I am not sure if QuickTrade is responsible for the server issues, but to be safe, AA has asked that QT not connect through CCI any longer. QuickTrade always complies with requests from the company, so I have submitted an update to Apple to remove that feature, along with the newer Push Notification settings which rely on it. You'll have to update to this latest version (1.10.2) to log in again. It should be available in the App Store > Updates tab sometime Thursday. (Currently in the review process by Apple.)
Still to come

Some server updates still need to be made this weekend, but the app can function without those updates when needed. You'll notice it download the open trips one by one when you open the app until the server comes fully back online, likely this weekend. Push notifications will not be available until the server work is completed.
Refunds / Extensions

Now that I know the extent of the damage and the app is running again, I am able to process 1 month extensions or refunds if you feel you were harmed by the outage. Please email me if you'd like a free month or refund and I will work my way through them as quickly as I can.
My apologies

Once again, I am sorry for the downtime but it's always important to comply with American's wishes. We connect to their servers and use their resources and while they benefit from us as well, no one wants to see them take any drastic action that would reduce our quality of life. I am glad we were able to work together to find a solution for everyone involved.

Thanks for using QuickTrade
Mike Halliday
ORD CRJ CA

pitchattitude
11-02-2018, 01:33 PM
The update is out and QT is back online.