Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New FO on RSV

GreenSuiter
10-31-2018, 08:05 AM
This is for new FOs on RSV.

I have an offer from Trans States. Before I decide Iíd like to hear from the newly hired FOs out there that are on RSV.

1. What is RSV like? Iíd like the good, bad, indifferent perspective.
2. I will have to commute. What is the experience like commuting to RSV?
3. How long have you been told you will be on RSV?
4. How many monthly flying hrs have you flown while on RSV?

Thanks!

Tyrion
10-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Unless something has dramatically changed at TSA in recent months, FO's don't spend time on reserve. You'll get a line fast. You'll get junior assignments fast. You'll get 1000 hours fast. Upgrade?... not so fast.

C37AFE
10-31-2018, 06:50 PM
Yeah seems like a lot of the CA are lifers and arenít leaving. Some stagnation there....think I did first month on reserve then held a line

thejetpilot
10-31-2018, 09:29 PM
Yeah seems like a lot of the CA are lifers and arenít leaving. Some stagnation there....think I did first month on reserve then held a line

I was told that the upgraded times were gonna go down during my interview and that was back a couple of months ago.

C37AFE
11-01-2018, 03:47 AM
So was everyone else....probably told you MRJ will be here next year also

havick206
11-01-2018, 06:28 AM
I was told that the upgraded times were gonna go down during my interview and that was back a couple of months ago.

Do you believe everything a recruiter tells you?

What are line pilots saying?

Rmk1991
11-01-2018, 12:11 PM

Iím a line CA here. Upgrades picked up dramatically. Theyíll continue through the winter. Classes are 10+. Upgrade is at about 18 months right now with the last award. Theyíre almost out of FOs to upgrade that are qualified.

thejetpilot
11-01-2018, 05:34 PM

I take it with a grain of salt. I compare answers from various sources

m20cmark21
11-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Unless something has dramatically changed at TSA in recent months, FO's don't spend time on reserve. You'll get a line fast. You'll get junior assignments fast. You'll get 1000 hours fast. Upgrade?... not so fast.

Latest upgrade class has an 18-month FO... come February, word is they won't have enough to upgrade and may consider lowering the requirements. Lots of CAs leaving and the attrition is back to mostly the CA side since the DCA/IAD shakeup, and all the FOs making laterals.

RSV time is minimal, if at all. You have airport RSV (8-hour shift with a 10-minute callout), Short Call (2-hour callout), and Long Call (12-hour callout). Historically, Winter season is slow for flying and Summer is busy. By the time a current new-hire gets through class and IOE, things will be ramping back into the busy season.

Tyrion
11-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Lots of CAs leaving and the attrition is back to mostly the CA side since the DCA/IAD shakeup, and all the FOs making laterals.

That would be an example of something dramatically changing.

m20cmark21
11-02-2018, 06:51 PM
That would be an example of something dramatically changing.

Definitely for the better for those out west. Really too bad for all of those who came for DCA, IAD, or RDU...

Loss of AA flying has allowed route expansion for UAL, more routes out of DEN coming soon. Unofficial rumor is 100+ daily departures out of DEN by early 2019.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1