Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : IAH Base

Squawkbox2012
11-04-2018, 05:00 AM
Hi there!

Iím a pilot who lives in Houston but currently fly for a 135 operator out of the NYC area.

Iím headed to SKW and saw that IAH last award was in mid-September for an FO.

My question is does this mean itís probable I could get awarded Houston? But I have a couple other questions about that.

How senior is Houston in terms of sitting on reserve versus holding a line? If on reserve how long does it take to get a line? Also, what are reserve rules line (I live 1 hour, no traffic away from IAH)?

My point to this is I would love to be IAH based, but would rather hold a line fairly quickly (within 3 months) and am willing to be based elsewhere (DTW) if thatís what it took to do so.

Thanks for any info!

Simpsons
11-04-2018, 05:12 PM
As an FO Houston is very attainable and movement is relatively quick. You most likely will never see it again once you upgrade. Granted, things change but that’s how it looks now

hawk21
11-04-2018, 09:25 PM
You need to be able to make a two hour call out for short call reserve.

Drums4life
11-05-2018, 04:52 AM
I would recommend going to a more junior base and then transferring to IAH when you are more senior and can hold a line.