Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : EWR vs LGA

CubWrangler
11-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone, I'm interested in Republic and was wondering how these bases compare. I'm looking at staying in the northeast and will likely move to the base. How is the flying at EWR as opposed to LGA, and about how long until each base could be held?

Rahlifer
11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
They’re both very junior bases so you should have no problem getting either straight out of training. LGA does mostly Delta and American flying and EWR does all United flying. LGA also seems to have a large number of day trips, so if you live in base, it’s almost like a “regular” job.

Tigflt17
11-07-2018, 02:23 PM
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/117580-ewr-lga.html Is a thread already made for this. Check the forums before posting a new thread to avoid company pilots from having to make the same posts over and over.

EWR is obtainable, however, quite a while before holding a line. Junior lineholder for November at EWR was 12/11/17 compared to 5/1/18 at LGA. It all depends on you. If you want reserve, go EWR. If you want to fly, go LGA

CubWrangler
11-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess I shouldn't have had the part about the reserve time in the question. Good to know the part about day trips in LGA.

MrFriendly7
11-07-2018, 03:16 PM
I heard LGA is quite a bit of reserve now too as they are alot of FO's now there.

Tigflt17
11-07-2018, 04:20 PM
I heard LGA is quite a bit of reserve now too as they are alot of FO's now there.

November is typically a lower flying month therefore increased reserve. Flying picks up around Christmas, dies down Jan-Feb, picks back up spring time.

4V14T0R
11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
They’re both very junior bases so you should have no problem getting either straight out of training. LGA does mostly Delta and American flying and EWR does all United flying. LGA also seems to have a large number of day trips, so if you live in base, it’s almost like a “regular” job.

LGA’s day trip pool is no longer larger than most any other base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1