Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest bases and upgrade info

BobbyLeeSwagger
11-10-2018, 09:47 PM
This was a long time comin'. Thank you, SlowHawk, for the inspiration.

https://i.imgflip.com/2m9a0l.jpg

PanchoBarnes
11-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Word!

Filler

poorflyer
11-12-2018, 11:43 AM
I heard skywest is getting our 787s.

N200NN
11-12-2018, 01:15 PM
When I first started here, SkyWest was taking delivery of the initial batch of 175s for the Air Line, and the big talk was that they're taking over all the Compass LAX Widget flying.

The Skywest dudes who were very vocal about it, and told me I made the wrong choice, are now commuting to DTW, ORD, and MSP to sit reserve and maybe fly their CRJs. :p

Slowhawk
11-12-2018, 11:00 PM
When I first started here, SkyWest was taking delivery of the initial batch of 175s for the Air Line, and the big talk was that they're taking over all the Compass LAX Widget flying.

The Skywest dudes who were very vocal about it, and told me I made the wrong choice, are now commuting to DTW, ORD, and MSP to sit reserve and maybe fly their CRJs. :p

Meanwhile thereís not a guy at compass who hasnít upgraded in 3 year or less, and most people move to majors in less than 4 years anyway :rolleyes:

Too bad those days are numbered

Excargodog
11-13-2018, 07:06 AM
The thing that folks need to realize is that most of these threads are filled with doom and gloom and how terrible things are. The Compass threads certainly have their fair share of that, but for the most part they are more positive than the other regional threads where those working there are warning potential new hires about what a flaming dumpster the place is.

And we got the best memes....

ninerdriver
11-13-2018, 09:13 AM
The Compass threads certainly have their fair share of that, but for the most part they are more positive than the other regional threads where those working there are warning potential new hires about what a flaming dumpster the place is.

And we got the best memes....

In our defense, the kid who started the stop-coming-here-bugahk thread on the 9E forum is just ****ed that he doesn't have his 1000 SIC for upgrade after six months here.

CP has the best memes by far, though.

VIRotate
11-13-2018, 05:45 PM
In our defense, the kid who started the stop-coming-here-bugahk thread on the 9E forum is just ****ed that he doesn't have his 1000 SIC for upgrade after six months here.

CP has the best memes by far, though.

We have a reputation to uphold after being voted the best forums on APC! :p

notmpet
11-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Thanks for this thread. I've chosen skywest, now all I have to do is choose which fleet type I'll be on.

bronc
11-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Thanks for this thread. I've chosen skywest, now all I have to do is choose which fleet type I'll be on.

I appreciate this

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1