Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Crashpads in ORD

UncreativeUser
11-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you have some crash-pad suggestions, preferably a place with cold beds or a place with your own single bed.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiouxperWild
11-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Agreed Iím looking for something just like that as well

Cyio
11-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you have some crash-pad suggestions, preferably a place with cold beds or a place with your own single bed.

Thanks!

Not as many options here as there was in DFW in terms of single occupancy rooms at a Motel 6 or something. Prices here are to high for that.

Most of those I have spoken with tend to use the group hotel service. Several of the hotels, for a fee of like $200 a month, will guarantee you a bed in a shared room for something like 8-9 nights a month.

Not your own bed, not your own bathroom, but cheaper than getting single rooms at the same place.

NoValueAviator
11-14-2018, 04:14 AM
The cheap hotel room guys mostly seem to use the motel 6s in Elk Grove Village, around $50/night after taxes.

10 or so guys camp out in the crew room every night too but only 3-4 are pilots. That might sound awful but it's not substantially worse than the $200/mo crash pads I've looked at.

SiouxperWild
11-14-2018, 06:13 AM
The cheap hotel room guys mostly seem to use the motel 6s in Elk Grove Village, around $50/night after taxes.

10 or so guys camp out in the crew room every night too but only 3-4 are pilots. That might sound awful but it's not substantially worse than the $200/mo crash pads I've looked at.

Do they sleep in the quiet room? I just got a nice crash pad but canít move on until the first so I need to figure out where to sleep for a few weeks. Iím finishing up IOE soon

UncreativeUser
11-18-2018, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the advice!